Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

He requested and was granted permission to appear by videolink for the committal hearing, expected to run for four days from January 16.

Firearms expert Paul Griffiths is among those due to give evidence at the hearing, though he won’t be available until later in the month.
The court heard his evidence could be given a week or so later.

The magistrate said given the content of Griffiths’ statement and Lynn’s explanation for issues raised, he was a “pretty critical” witness.

He said Griffiths would have to be called in person at a later date.

Lynn has not applied for bail and remains in custody.

Call me dim, but if GL denies killing CC and RH, and hasn't given LE any information, then how on earth did LE head straight towards the exact spot where their bodies were after interviewing him? I don't get it.

If the fire arms expert is crucial to the case, it means gunshot marks were found on the bones and possibly gunshot residue too. There will be some interpretation of what those marks indicate. The continuing search could be for bullet fragments where the deaths occurred, meaning police don't at this stage know where that was.

It's fair to assume he has made a statement that the trailer was sold, presumably for cash, but to persons unknown. The email and phone records leading to such a sale seem to have no identifiable originator. There may well have been a Gumtree advertisement placed. Both the buyer and seller of a licensed vehicle must lodge change of ownership papers promptly. That's certainly a murky part of this case.

Call me dim, but if GL denies killing CC and RH, and hasn't given LE any information, then how on earth did LE head straight towards the exact spot where their bodies were after interviewing him? I don't get it.
My thinking was that GL's gps led them straight to the area. I remember at the time that LE said to the media they could be there for weeks (before they'd found anything). Though as it turned out it wasn't long at all. Its probably logical that the bodies weren't that far from where a gps said that he'd been stopped for a while.
IMO Its all super compelling but doesn't actually show he's a murderer. Though circumstantially, its very sus if this is actually how it played out.

I think, and this is only my opinion, that because where the remains were found were within the mobile phone coverage area, the investigators had him located in that area at a time that fitted in to the scenario. He may have also had a GPS running in his vehicle which would have logged his movements and placed him there for some period of time. OMO

The 55-year-old airline pilot's barrister Dermot Dann told a brief hearing that he had received a "highlights package" of covert surveillance on Lynn's car and home, but had not receive full recordings or transcripts

Prosecutor Olivia Sparrow said there were listening device and phone intercept transcripts still to be handed over to the defence.
"Also there may be a further search to be completed at Wonnangatta and Mount Hotham,"

The 55-year-old airline pilot's barrister Dermot Dann told a brief hearing that he had received a "highlights package" of covert surveillance on Lynn's car and home, but had not receive full recordings or transcripts

Prosecutor Olivia Sparrow said there were listening device and phone intercept transcripts still to be handed over to the defence.
"Also there may be a further search to be completed at Wonnangatta and Mount Hotham,"

I wonder what these phone intercepts are about. Who would GL have been speaking with on the phone, where he could have revealed incriminating information?

Presumably these phone intercepts happened once GL was on their radar, so it seems it can't be phone intercepts from around the time of the (alleged) murders.

IMO GL could have committed other serious crimes that he has still not been caught for.

It is possible that he is a SK that has covered his tracks very well so far.

Maybe he still cannot believe that he has been caught and will steadfastly deny his involvement until compelling evidence is put before him. It sounds like crucial parts of the prosecutions brief have not been presented to GL and his lawyer yet?

IMO GL could have committed other serious crimes that he has still not been caught for.

It is possible that he is a SK that has covered his tracks very well so far.

Maybe he still cannot believe that he has been caught and will steadfastly deny his involvement until compelling evidence is put before him. It sounds like crucial parts of the prosecutions brief have not been presented to GL and his lawyer yet?

Frankly, from what I have read about his personality and behavior as experienced by others, I'd be surprised if he was cooperating in any way with police. My guess would have been that he'd be a "no comment" person. That is, "Let the prosecution try to prove me guilty of anything."

Life behind bars for co-operating or spilling your guts?. No way Hose!. The prosecution will have to have every t crossed and every i dotted in my view. Do I recall a bicycle being attached to GL's vehicle when he was arrested?. If so, that would be an interesting reason to hear why he had it on the vehicle.

I wonder what happened to Russell's drone. Perhaps that is why the police want to go back and search again, maybe when the weather and terrain clears up a bit. (The forecast for today and tomorrow morning shows snow for Wonnangatta, Vic.)

There could be footage on that drone that would be evidence.

May be behind a paywall, but it says that the commital hearing in January will occur exclusively online to speed up the matter as it has already faced lengthy delays.

I wonder if we will be able to log on and watch the commital hearing. Four days. They must have quite a bit of evidence to go through.

IMO it is highly likely that the trailer was disposed of and was never sold.

I think GL never wants the trailer to be found. The "sold on Gumtree" answer was probably given to Police early in the questioning of GL and he does not want to get caught in a lie now.

There may be other evidence buried with the trailer like gloves, accelerants, a firearm etc?

I agree it's quite likely that the trailer was disposed of as opposed to being sold. Why run the risk of the buyer being able to identify him as the seller. It was apparently only worth a few hundred dollars and IMO such a small return wouldn't be worth the risk.

According to this article detectives found no evidence of an accelerant involved in the fire, which destroyed their tent, table and camping chairs and singed RH’s LandCruiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia