Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is quite a big area and there are many campsites that are 1,2,3 km apart, so there may have been no one close by at all. Gunshots would go un noticed as there are a lot of deer hunters that camp there and go shooting. Deer hunting is usually done early morning just around dawn and late in the evening towards dark. If the estimates of when CC and RH met their demise are accurate, then no one would have batted an eye lid at a couple of gunshots around dark.

Thank you for the insight. The timing gives me all the more reason to think he waited until dark to come back and ambush them and this was no accident.

I do not believe for one minute that Mr. Hill took a gun out of Mr. Lynn's vehicle. Mr. Lynn went to their campsite, R and C we're killed, and this is all on him. Imo.

1673984738803.jpeg
I agree.
If Carol was shot around the passenger’s door with blood on the canopy then the gun must have been inside the tent which appears to be connected to the canopy.
The shooter must have walked around behind the toilet, inside the tent or around to the passenger’s door.
Imo the shooter was the aggressor.

I’m thinking Russell’s set-up was similar to this but his wrapped around the passenger’s side door. (L-shaped)
1673985584265.gif

Last edited:
View attachment 395966
I agree.
If Carol was shot around the passenger’s door with blood on the canopy then the gun must have been inside the tent which appears to be connected to the canopy.
The shooter must have walked around behind the toilet, inside the tent or around to the passenger’s door.
Thank you. You know what they say, "A picture says a thousand words".

View attachment 395966
I agree.

I’m thinking Russell’s set-up was similar to this.
View attachment 395970
Carol couldn't have been standing right next to the car when she was shot, otherwise GL would try his best to torch the car too, to get rid of any forensics similar to what he did to the tent.

I guess he never thought Carol's remains could have landed on the car. So yes, more likely the commotion occurred around or inside the tent, when Carol was shot. IMO

9 November 2021
“We know Russell was a very peaceful and law-abiding man and he worked in the wilderness and some very tough jobs, so he wasn't someone who would necessarily take a backwards step either.

“So if there’s been some sort of argument, maybe it’s escalated from there.”

Those who know him (and there are few) have described him as self-sufficient, self-absorbed, self-contained; a narcissist with an obsessive eye for detail. He was also a proficient pilot, highly intelligent and calm under pressure.

Link
You see the pilot forum where they discuss his behaviour and personality? He was not a well liked man.

Carol couldn't have been standing right next to the car when she was shot, otherwise GL would try his best to torch the car too, to get rid of any forensics similar to what he did to the tent.

I guess he never thought Carol's remains could have landed on the car. So yes, more likely the commotion occurred around or inside the tent, when Carol was shot. IMO
Many articles are behind a paywall but they say the vehicle was locked and the keys were missing.

spect - Herald Sun​

https://www.heraldsun.com.au › police-courts › news-story

14 Mar 2021 — Russell Hill and Carol Clay's damaged campsite. ... sneak thieves who had pilfered the camp after spying the empty tent and locked car

13 March 2021
'I knew straight away in my own mind that something really unforgiving had happened,' he said.

Fire forensics expert Greg Kelly experimented with tent fibers and ropes to see if an accidental fire could have started, but said the materials burned too slowly and extinguished themselves before a blaze could have properly ignited
There were also no burn marks across the car doors, which were nearby, the tyres weren't melted, and the esky - which was underneath the car - was intact.

Mr Kelly said the scene suggested the fire was short and hot, which was likely caused by an accelerant - such as the gas canisters inside the tent.

Detectives have believed since December that the potential attackers may have torched their campsite to destroy forensic evidence of a crime.

That the car was locked likely indicated the pair left the campsite voluntarily, probably to go for a walk or fly the drone.

I searched several forums but couldn’t find it :(
Here’s one

ThankGod he lost his job. Imagine, what if?

Our society is now filled with angry people, road ragers, car park rage, shopping queue rage and who knows, maybe ol’m8 was having a wonderful time camping when Pops and his mistress pulled up to camp right on top of him, complete with an annoying drone. Who knows, time will tell, innocent until proven guilty but it certainly doesn’t look good.

My thoughts on what may have occurred. Drone buzzing/hovering over GL began getting GL very mad. GL shoots down drone almost directly above himself. RH & CC then make a move towards GL and GL greets them both with a shotgun and threatens any further approach and they will be shot in Self defence. RH shields CC from GL and approaches GL not realising CC is directly behind him still and GL as threatened earlier shoots and hits CC and then a wrestle for the gun develops between RH & GL. GL pulls knife and stabs RH to death. Drone is collected by GL almost immediatly and disposed of later. Supposed covert recording of GL talking to himself should be treated with caution as GL would be smart to enough to know he would be under surveillance and probably being recorded. On this basis the "self talk" might be deliberately worded to assist him in what he knew would be the likely future for himself.

My other scenerio is simple. Ambush and Cold blooded murder using gun & knife. Then the disposal of bodies, drone etc and the rest follows. GL has created the scenario of accidental shooting etc because he knows he is screwed and this is the only way he would not be behind bars for the rest of his life. If everything was an accident or self defence you do not start repainting vehicles and burning sites and bodies etc. You go go straight to the cops and explain what happened.

My tip is we have a SK on our hands.
Ivan Milat shot, stabbed, beat and decapitated his victims.

I wonder how many times GL stabbed Russell? If this could be determined it may assist with a murder conviction as opposed to a manslaughter conviction. If it was a frenzied attack with a high number of stab wounds IMO it would support the SK theory.

The fact that GL went back to the site twice and was trying to "clean up" shows that he is cunning and calculating.

ThankGod he lost his job. Imagine, what if?

Our society is now filled with angry people, road ragers, car park rage, shopping queue rage and who knows, maybe ol’m8 was having a wonderful time camping when Pops and his mistress pulled up to camp right on top of him, complete with an annoying drone. Who knows, time will tell, innocent until proven guilty but it certainly doesn’t look good.

Could have been MH370 all over again.

January 18, 2023
“The accused made immediate and overt efforts to contaminate the crime scene and conceal the offences, including destroying evidence and setting fire to the scene,” the police summary tendered to the court reads.

“The accused is also likely to have discarded the drone, car keys for the Landcruiser and Hill and Clay’s mobile phones.

“To date, none of these items have been recovered.”

On this pilot site someone mentions that the thread about GL was gone, deleted.
I do remember reading it. I'm not a forum member.
Someone posted that it's not gone, just moved.
It's now in a thread called Jet Blast, that's if it's still there. Anyway you need to login as a member to see it now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member