Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seated behind protective glass and guarded by two burly guards, former Jetstar pilot Greg Lynn still looks like a man in control of his own destination.

For two days he has listened intently to the evidence being put before the court, taking notes and conversing with his barrister after being hit with folders of new information containing the transcripts of his recorded calls from prison.

Dressed smartly in a suit and perfectly woven tie, Lynn gazed upon those in the court knowing full well he is being studied by court sketch artists.

Seated directly across from his glass cage, solicitor Chris McLennan gave him a confident wink.

Lynn is being defended in court by Melbourne barrister Dermot Dann, KC, who has represented some of the most high-profile accused persons Melbourne has seen.

His supportive flight attendant wife Melanie Lynn has been noticeably absent from the Melbourne courtroom, instead tuning into a videolink that appears on a television screen that can be seen by Lynn.

Mrs Lynn keeps her camera switched off, leaving Lynn to gaze only upon his wife's name.

Last edited:
I think police knew where the bodies were likely to be for some time if they observed him returning to the same place. They wanted to wait until they could arrest him before looking in that area I guess.
In regards to my last post about the police probably knowing where the bodies were likely to be, I can’t imagine how heartbreaking that would be for the families, but at the same time maybe the extra observations of him returning to the area and disturbing the remains will help to convict him. Seems like he has hired himself a top-notch lawyer and is planning on fighting this. If he gets manslaughter, does anyone know how long he could get put away for?

1.56 min video, published around 9am this morning.

Its also mentioned here that the hearing continues next week.

Psychopaths will justify their actions ‘see what you made me do’
They don’t usually not take their own lives, they take the lives of others. History has shown some of the most ruthless killers have been well respected and educated professionals. These individuals have the ability to change personalties and suppress any guilt associated with heinous crimes.

It appears this individual had some personality traits that may have raised concerns, but he crafted his skill well enough to be promoted into positions of power.

I'm sure now we will hear more about his past, and the red flags that were ignored

Many articles are behind a paywall but they say the vehicle was locked and the keys were missing.
The really interesting thing though is that both of their wallets were found in the footwell of the car and the contents had been thrown out of them. There were no debit, credit cards or cash.

I'm trying to get my head around 2 people in a tussle, four hands on a shot gun, that gets discharged accidentally, and kills someone standing nearby... accidentally. Its really stretching plausibility, for me.
The really interesting thing though is that both of their wallets were found in the footwell of the car and the contents had been thrown out of them. There were no debit, credit cards or cash.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the contents of the wallet and money removed, was to make it look like it was a theft or robbery gone wrong. Another diversion tactic perhaps.

On this pilot site someone mentions that the thread about GL was gone, deleted.
I do remember reading it. I'm not a forum member.
Someone posted that it's not gone, just moved.
It's now in a thread called Jet Blast, that's if it's still there. Anyway you need to login as a member to see it now.

Removed my reply because I just found this on the forum:

"add in the fact that pilots take the lives of hundreds of people into their hands every time they turn up for work. And yet this one allegedly had no qualms taking two lives. I think the public would be thinking how they would feel flying on a flight, putting their lives in his hands when he had allegedly taken others."

Link

ETA again. The last page on this forum is 8 November, 2022

Last edited:
A redacted version of the police summary of evidence was released to the media on Tuesday afternoon. The summary gave an overview of the police case, it did not comprise all their evidence, and much of the summary was contested by Lynn.

“The accused contaminated and staged the crime scene, intentionally destroyed evidence within the crime scene, and removed evidence from the crime scene before transporting and disposing of the bodies and mobile devices to further conceal his involvement and distance himself from the crimes.

“In May 2020 and/or November 2020, the accused returned to the bodies of Hill and Clay, where he further tampered with the human remains to dispose of the deceased. This involved burning, dispersing and partially interring them.”

Accused campsite killer Greg Lynn allegedly returned twice to scene of crime

Perhaps witnesses’ names were redacted, amongst other things.

I’ve read in this and other articles that he sold the trailer. LE investigated whether or not he sold on Gumtree. As far as I’m aware they never discovered that it was in fact sold or located it. IMO there’s no way GL would give up that info.

It was a ping on a mobile phone tower that led police to suspect Gregory Stuart Lynn of committing a double murder in Victoria's High Country.

a security camera snapped four pictures of Mr Lynn's Nissan Patrol towing a trailer on Great Alpine Road at 9:48am on March 21, 2020.

A phone belonging to another man, Russell Hill, had connected to a nearby phone tower at Hotham Heights 10 seconds earlier.

While his phone was switched on, police allege Mr Hill was dead.

Could someone clarify this for me. Is it the police or GL who claim RH went and got the gun from GL car? I read it as police claiming this, but it just seems off to me as what person would do imo
I've been wondering what he was talking to himself about that the police captured with their covert intercepts. I'd imagine that it'd be heavy carrying the deaths of two people on your conscience, perhaps he had imaginary conversations or such with 'them', shifting blame - "It's all your fault, why did you have to take my gun?" etc.

He could have given quite a bit away talking to himself...

My recollection is that this was a possible scenario suggested by GL's barrister.
The police forensic expert Mark Gellatly claimed that police informed him they believed GL was annoyed by RH’s drone and confronted the couple about it before returning to his campsite. He said crime scene investigators believe RH then grabbed a shotgun from GL’s vehicle, before a physical fight broke out between the two men and the gun discharged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member