Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be. Lol never thought of it like that 

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

My father in law runs a lawn mowing and garden care business - lots of cash jobs so it would be easy to funnel money in from somewhere else.

Sure, good theories. Something way bigger than a missing guy is going on if 40 detectives were involved......:facepalm: Luxury goods and/or contraband makes sense.

I personally still think it's drugs. Alot seems to point that way, including Sam's own comments on his FB page. But that's JMO.

And it could well be drugs AND luxury goods etc.....could be a combination of stuff.

ps. Your avatar!! Adorable!! Looks almost exactly like one of my cats!!

I am confident drugs are involved but it may be a part of a conglomerate and ST was "naive" as to his role and unfortunately to his detriment. I feel for his parents buuut 22yr old unemployed, flash car, apartment, luxury goods and o/s trips...hello?

O/t Thankyou, our bsh puss, he's adorable with a personality that is unique. Watch out full moon.

I know!

Straight away I knew something was up.....LE are usually SOOOO reticent to even investigate something as a missing persons case that early - especially for a guy in his early 20's - let alone publish the fact that they considered it a possible homicide straight away.

I've never seen anything like it.

Hi I'm wondering if something was found in the car , something straight away told them this was serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, good theories. Something way bigger than a missing guy is going on if 40 detectives were involved......:facepalm: Luxury goods and/or contraband makes sense.

I personally still think it's drugs. Alot seems to point that way, including Sam's own comments on his FB page. But that's JMO.

And it could well be drugs AND luxury goods etc.....could be a combination of stuff.

I believe they also had every available police recruit on this case as well going through hours and hours of CCTV footage.

<modsnip>

I'm hoping Sam's parents can use what's happened in some kind of positive way, not unlike the Morcombe's have, in warning of what can happen if you get caught up in this lifestyle.

Hi I'm wondering if something was found in the car , something straight away told them this was serious.

Remember the first thing the police said - his bank accounts hadn't been touched. That means they had access to them, and could see how much cash he had in the bank, plus what was going in and out. Someone ran a check on his Mustang and it came back with no encumbrances - that means he didn't owe any money on the car. His father in the press conference when asked about the car, said he didn't know where he got the money for the car and assumed bank loan.

JMO but I imagine one of the first conversations between LE and ST's family was how much money was going in and out if his account, that couldn't be attributed to being an unemployed child care worker.

Remember the first thing the police said - his bank accounts hadn't been touched. That means they had access to them, and could see how much cash he had in the bank, plus what was going in and out. Someone ran a check on his Mustang and it came back with no encumbrances - that means he didn't owe any money on the car. His father in the press conference when asked about the car, said he didn't know where he got the money for the car and assumed bank loan.

JMO but I imagine one of the first conversations between LE and ST's family was how much money was going in and out if his account, that couldn't be attributed to being an unemployed child care worker.

They are good points as one of the other things I have thought is someone close as in family or friend has stated they were concerned for his life due to lifestyle. Maybe a friend knew he was up to something that day but not specific ? I imagine it isn't easy to immediately have bank access. I think someone may have said this previously but perhaps a large withdrawal came out ?
Adding - I think your point about the account and conversation is actually something that makes the most sense thank you

They are good points as one of the other things I have thought is someone close as in family or friend has stated they were concerned for his life due to lifestyle. Maybe a friend knew he was up to something that day but not specific ? I imagine it isn't easy to immediately have bank access. I think someone may have said this previously but perhaps a large withdrawal came out ?

My direct knowledge of banking legislation - police can ask for requests to accounts but they usually have a time delay on them.
However they could have requested them asap due to the circumstances or already have access. They could have been watching him since his "robbery".

Ashley Dyball:
His case will return to court on May 15 but Dyball will not have to appear in court.
Magistrate Mark Bucknall ordered that a brief of evidence be ready by that day.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n/news-story/918749247c4347e9ac8c9d2f0debc974

On Friday, 23-year-old Roberto Vincenzo Boscaino fronted court briefly, a day after being charged with murder and interfering with a corpse.
The Bald Hills man appeared to tremble during his first few moments in the dock but sat calmly as his matter was adjourned to the committal call-over list on May 8.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/nati...murderer-in-custody.html#sthash.ifLYzU5o.dpuf

I am confident drugs are involved but it may be a part of a conglomerate and ST was "naive" as to his role and unfortunately to his detriment. I feel for his parents buuut 22yr old unemployed, flash car, apartment, luxury goods and o/s trips...hello?

O/t Thankyou, our bsh puss, he's adorable with a personality that is unique. Watch out full moon.

"Naive as to his role" certainly fits the personality conveyed as in lover not fighter always happy I have the impression easy going, which I can imagine someone like this not realising the depth of what's going on. People in 20s also regularly feel invincible and it's not due to being arrogant just young x

Weither or not drugs are involved, the facebook comments are from like when we were 14/16..
Who wasn't doing drugs to some extent at that age?
I myself 'am not by any means' a drug dealer. But I knew them. I'd buy it, I'd go get it for friends who were to scared to.

Atleast for me while I was in school that was something we did at party's/on weekends, after the schooling years it all stopped tho.

Weither or not drugs are involved, the facebook comments are from like when we were 14/16..
Who wasn't doing drugs to some extent at that age?
I myself 'am not by any means' a drug dealer. But I knew them. I'd buy it, I'd go get it for friends who were to scared to.

Atleast for me while I was in school that was something we did at party's/on weekends, after the schooling years it all stopped tho.

I was referring to comments that I thought were more recent and directly referenced selling drugs, eg. about "buying a G"......I'll go check when what I was referring to was said. Maybe it was years ago and I missed that.

So it sounds like you don't think he was involved in drug dealing, Twinkletoes?

Ashley Dyball:
His case will return to court on May 15 but Dyball will not have to appear in court.
Magistrate Mark Bucknall ordered that a brief of evidence be ready by that day.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n/news-story/918749247c4347e9ac8c9d2f0debc974

On Friday, 23-year-old Roberto Vincenzo Boscaino fronted court briefly, a day after being charged with murder and interfering with a corpse.
The Bald Hills man appeared to tremble during his first few moments in the dock but sat calmly as his matter was adjourned to the committal call-over list on May 8.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/nati...murderer-in-custody.html#sthash.ifLYzU5o.dpuf

Trembling in court makes me wonder what he will think about the "big house" I would be interested in thoughts on their reception in there ? I imagine remand is where everyone would behave while awaiting trial etc but I wonder with such a small environment and so many different religions and beliefs of what inmates may think of AD

Trembling in court makes me wonder what he will think about the "big house" I would be interested in thoughts on their reception in there ? I imagine remand is where everyone would behave while awaiting trial etc but I wonder with such a small environment and so many different religions and beliefs of what inmates may think of AD

I had wondered if either AD or RB were partaking of drugs prior to arrest, how does our system handle this whilst they are held awaiting further court hearings?

So far in the case LE have not stated drug involvement to my knowledge. They also can't charge in that regard if there is no evidence of it i would think.
In taking the case forward to Trial i don't think the Prosecution has to prove motive either, only the murder charges.

I was referring to comments that I thought were more recent and directly referenced selling drugs, eg. about "buying a G"......I'll go check when what I was referring to was said. Maybe it was years ago and I missed that.

What is "buying a G"? A gram? That's not very much.

Oh i thought I read that comment was from 2012 or something like that.. lol

So far in the case LE have not stated drug involvement to my knowledge. They also can't charge in that regard if there is no evidence of it i would think.
In taking the case forward to Trial i don't think the Prosecution has to prove motive either, only the murder charges.

They will focus on the murder charge I imagine. Maybe when evidence is strong enough motive is not really needed.

I had wondered if either AD or RB were partaking of drugs prior to arrest, how does our system handle this whilst they are held awaiting further court hearings?
If they have withdraw symptoms they help with that medically. There will be a hard few weeks coming off them if they are addicted. Or-they buy on the inside and potentially get caught. Is this what you mean or have i confused your question

They will focus on the murder charge I imagine. Maybe when evidence is strong enough motive is not really needed.

If no motive it could potentially be downgraded to manslaughter, or even murder with a less of a charge. If it is planned and executed there is more of a chance of longer time in jail with no parole/life

Motive: Does it Matter Why the Victim was Murdered?
&#8220;What was the motive?&#8221; is asked in virtually all crime shows. There&#8217;s a body, the death looks suspicious, and the detectives search for why the person was murdered. But is the prosecution in NSW actually required to prove the accused had a motive to murder the victim? In a word: no.

Under s 18(1)(a) of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW), a murder has been committed when the accused has caused the death of another person and the act or omission causing death involved:

reckless indifference to human life; or
an intent to kill; or
an intent to inflict grievous bodily harm; or
the commission a crime punishable by imprisonment for 25 years or life imprisonment.

The prosecution is required to prove a certain mental state existed, but this does not necessarily exist to proving a motive. In other words, the court does not need to know why the victim was murdered.
Reckless Indifference
For a homicide to be committed with reckless indifference to human life, the accused needs to have foreseen that it was probable &#8211; not just possible &#8211; that death would result from their act or omission (Crabbe v R (1985) 156 CLR 464; Royall v R (1991) 172 CLR 378). This is a subjective test, meaning that it is necessary that the accused, and not merely an ordinary or reasonable person, foresaw that death was probable (Pemble v R (1971) 124 CLR 107).

So, while the state of mind of the accused needs to be proven, no motive is needed to establish murder by reckless indifference to human life.
https://www.timebase.com.au/news/2017/AT04143-article.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member