Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had wondered if either AD or RB were partaking of drugs prior to arrest, how does our system handle this whilst they are held awaiting further court hearings?

They are assessed for support options during admission, for both drugs and cigarettes, as its no longer legal to smoke in Qld prisons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is "buying a G"? A gram? That's not very much.

In some states, as little as 3G of some substances such as heroin or cocaine, is a trafficable offense. I think it's even less than that for MDMA.

I think that Sam's family may know more than they are letting on...their body language in the press conference...mum nudges dad to say that Sam had dropped off a load of his washing to be done a few days prior to his disappearance and when Sam squeezed his mum he said "mum you have lost some weight" (something to that effect)...

Why would you mention that in a press conference?...Did many of you notice that?

I am not victim bashing in any way but I thought it was an odd thing to say in a press conference when your son is missing, possibly murdered?

I think that Sam's family may know more than they are letting on...their body language in the press conference...mum nudges dad to say that Sam had dropped off a load of his washing to be done a few days prior to his disappearance and when Sam squeezed his mum he said mum you have lost weight (something to that effect)...why would you mention that in a press conference?

I am not victim bashing in any way but I thought it was an odd thing to say in a press conference when your son is missing, possibly murdered.
I think they were emplying that he caring and wasnt acting out of character. Like if he suspected he was in trouble it would have been more of a goodbye love you imo

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Motive: Does it Matter Why the Victim was Murdered?
“What was the motive?” is asked in virtually all crime shows. There’s a body, the death looks suspicious, and the detectives search for why the person was murdered. But is the prosecution in NSW actually required to prove the accused had a motive to murder the victim? In a word: no.

Under s 18(1)(a) of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW), a murder has been committed when the accused has caused the death of another person and the act or omission causing death involved:

reckless indifference to human life; or
an intent to kill; or
an intent to inflict grievous bodily harm; or
the commission a crime punishable by imprisonment for 25 years or life imprisonment.

The prosecution is required to prove a certain mental state existed, but this does not necessarily exist to proving a motive. In other words, the court does not need to know why the victim was murdered.
Reckless Indifference
For a homicide to be committed with reckless indifference to human life, the accused needs to have foreseen that it was probable – not just possible – that death would result from their act or omission (Crabbe v R (1985) 156 CLR 464; Royall v R (1991) 172 CLR 378). This is a subjective test, meaning that it is necessary that the accused, and not merely an ordinary or reasonable person, foresaw that death was probable (Pemble v R (1971) 124 CLR 107).

So, while the state of mind of the accused needs to be proven, no motive is needed to establish murder by reckless indifference to human life.
https://www.timebase.com.au/news/2017/AT04143-article.html

ST was allegedly murdered in Qld. The requirements there are not the same as in NSW. Possumheart, I believe it was, posted an excellent link and quote on the law in Qld a few pages back.

I think that Sam's family may know more than they are letting on...their body language in the press conference...mum nudges dad to say that Sam had dropped off a load of his washing to be done a few days prior to his disappearance and when Sam squeezed his mum he said "mum you have lost some weight" (something to that effect)...

Why would you mention that in a press conference?...Did many of you notice that?

I am not victim bashing in any way but I thought it was an odd thing to say in a press conference when your son is missing, possibly murdered?

I too noticed that, tiddles.

I guess they were trying to paint a picture of Sam....but I too found it a bit odd. Never seen a press conference like that.

But I'm highly suspicious at this point, so that may colour my thinking!!

I too noticed that, tiddles.

I guess they were trying to paint a picture of Sam....but I too found it a bit odd. Never seen a press conference like that.

But I'm highly suspicious so ended up thinking I may have been looking for something that wasn't necessarily there.
I've seen press conferences like this all the time, the family has there son missing presumed dead. They are ripping apart. I wouldn't know what to do in this case if i was going thru this. If anyone can see Sam's fb all his friends and family were asking for assistance in finding him. His closest friends and family didn't know what was going on. They wouldn't pleed that hard if they knew what was going on.

CRIMINAL CODE 1899 - SECT 302
302 Definition of murder

(quote)
2) Under subsection (1)(a) it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to hurt the particular person who is killed.

(3) Under subsection (1)(b) it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to hurt any person.

(4) Under subsection (1)(c) to (e) it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to cause death or did not know that death was likely to result.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/cc189994/s302.html

The listed points are annotations. For murder to be made out, there must be willful killing of person, either intentionally or with reckless indifference to life.

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/crime-and-police/types-of-crime/murder-attempted-murder-and-manslaughter/

ST was allegedly murdered in Qld. The requirements there are not the same as in NSW. Possumheart, I believe it was, posted an excellent link and quote on the law in Qld a few pages back.

I thought that too, Marples. Qld legislation and NSW legislation are often two very different things.

My thoughts on Sam's case have changed completely since finding out that the hold-up/robbery in September 2016 actually happened in the "family home"...so many strange things about that hold-up/robbery video...MOO

You're welcome. The penalty for Murder in QLD. is 25 yrs.- life in prison.

People can get shorter sentences for murder at the discretion of the court. Only a minimum 25 if you knowingly murder a police officer or 30 if you have a prior murder conviction.

I've seen press conferences like this all the time, the family has there son missing presumed dead. They are ripping apart. I wouldn't know what to do in this case if i was going thru this. If anyone can see Sam's fb all his friends and family were asking for assistance in finding him. His closest friends and family didn't know what was going on. They wouldn't pleed that hard if they knew what was going on.

I just found some of the detail odd, Twinkletoes...such as the washing......that's what I am referring to.

Not knocking them at all, btw. My heart breaks for his family. I'm just agreeing that IMO there was something a little odd about a few of the things they said in this context.

But like you said, they were trying to show that all was normal. Your interpretation of it helped me understand that.

I thought that too, Marples. Qld legislation and NSW legislation are often two very different things.
I didnt realise it would be that diffrent between states. Wow learn something new each day

I didnt realise it would be that diffrent between states. Wow learn something new each day

I'm learning loads from Marples in regards to that. She knows her stuff.

Ah, true re ABC. And that's because ole Ger-ard acted so suspiciously in his initial contact interview...plus the nail marks, of course. :facepalm:

If Sam wasn't already under surveillance, something must have alerted the police to a dodgy situation very early on. JMO

Yes, bless that police officer for noticing the scratches and not just buying "my wife is depressed and wandered off".

Agree re ST: something must have made them act so quickly. If only all missing people received such rapid airplay [emoji17] Not dissing LE, they do a great job. Just a shame not every missing person can have 40 police assigned to finding them.

I just found some of the detail odd, Twinkletoes...such as the washing......that's what I am referring to.

Not knocking them at all, btw. My heart breaks for his family. I'm just agreeing that IMO there was something a little odd about a few of the things they said in this context. I'm not going to pretend I didn't think that.

But like you said, they were trying to show that all was normal. Your interpretation of it helped me understand that.
Oh i wasnt knocking your thoughts, lol altho I used to drop my washing to mum till i moved to far away so that's normal for our generation I think we grew up to privileged and now a bit lazy/late catch up on

Oh i wasnt knocking your thoughts, lol altho I used to drop my washing to mum till i moved to far away so that's normal for our generation I think we grew up to privileged and now a bit lazy/late catch up on

Hahaha! I get all of that. I totally understand that. It was more about it being mentioned in the press conference, that's all. But hey - it's probably neither here nor there in the scheme of things! :seeya:

Hahaha! I get all of that. I totally understand that. It was more about it being mentioned in the press conference, that's all. But hey - it's probably neither here nor there in the scheme of things! :seeya:
Very true I feel for all families involved.

I understood that it wasn't all about just the washing comment mentioned in the press conference ...

I think it was when Sam told his mum "that she had lost some weight" that was mentioned in the press conference...you would think that there were more important things to mention in a press conference when your son is missing, possibly murdered...

I thought it was the remark about "mum losing the weight", moreso than "dropping the washing off".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme