Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Sam's FB page...it was in 2014 after Sam moved out of the family home...there began mention of "possible" drug dealing...showing Sam's overseas trips, designer goods, a love of expensive fast cars and generous lifestyle... (a few years ago).
It possibly could have been a rough time because they tried to intervene, yet we have no evidence of that.

On Sam's FB page...it was in 2014 after Sam moved out of the family home...there began mention of "possible" drug dealing...showing Sam's overseas trips, designer goods, a love of expensive fast cars and generous lifestyle... (a few years ago).

Could all this have been causing Sam's parents the "rough time" and they couldn't do anything about it?...

"Sam did things his way"...(2014 to 2017)

I've just been through Sam's FB feed more closely.

It's definitely after April 2014 (when he moved out of the family home) that he started talking about money. (eg. June 2014 - talking about $$ buying happiness.....Oct 2014 - discussing buying a $300 Gucci hat).

It all goes on from there until the present day. Trips, drug references, jet ski, fancy cars.......:thinking:

I think that Sam's family may know more than they are letting on...their body language in the press conference...mum nudges dad to say that Sam had dropped off a load of his washing to be done a few days prior to his disappearance and when Sam squeezed his mum he said "mum you have lost some weight" (something to that effect)...

Why would you mention that in a press conference?...Did many of you notice that?

I am not victim bashing in any way but I thought it was an odd thing to say in a press conference when your son is missing, possibly murdered?

I did notice too. I'm not victim bashing either but there were a few things about the presser that made me think hmmmmm.

I think the comments about the washing and Mums weight loss were perhaps to humanise ST and connect with the public in an "every man" way.

I'm not saying ST was an ice dealer: not saying that. But, imagine if he was, What going to garner more public information? Missing "boy next door from the suburbs" or "local ice dealer missing"? Not everyone who knows ST may be aware of anything nefarious he may have been doing, but their simple innocent information/sightings can prove very valuable. Sometimes people are reluctant to provide information in cases where drugs are a factor out of fear.

What struck me as weird was it was like the Dad knew more/different to what he was saying. Like he was saying something he'd been told to when he knew there was more to it/it wasn't completely true? The Mum needed to remind him a bit, like about how Sam afforded the car? I wondered if maybe Dad knew stuff but Mum didn't? If that were the case, I wondered why Mum didn't speak at the presser instead of Dad? She seemed more authentic in believing she couldn't understand ST's disappearance. The Dad seemed like he knew/could have said more JMO. I wondered if maybe Dad spoke simply as head of the family or if he was closer to ST and they were hopeful ST would listen and come home if he was in hiding.

Of course, people respond differently in these sort of crisis situations. Maybe Dad was just completely devastated and overwhelmed and not smooth on TV? It's not something any parent would ever want to do. He did better than I know I would have. I'd have just stood there sobbing uncontrollably [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too noticed that, tiddles.

I guess they were trying to paint a picture of Sam....but I too found it a bit odd. Never seen a press conference like that.

But I'm highly suspicious at this point, so that may colour my thinking!!

The only one like this I recall is ABC. Not saying there was anything shady about ABC. But I always found it interesting how heavily she was promoted as a beauty queen/ballerina/high flying business woman when those things were quite some way in her past.

Yes. I wonder if it's possible that when police found the car, then spoke to his family, something such as "if we could see his banking information it might show where he is, like purchases" and the 3rd party accessed the information and then it was all down hill from there and ST was declared missing?

I only wonder this because my ex husband and I were on good terms after separating. Even though we had no joint financials, he gave me the Internet details for his banking for various reasons. He had quite bad MH issues at times and if we hadn't heard from him for a few days, I could see by his bank where he'd been/what he'd been buying recently (hoping of course it was always him using the card!). He went on benders at times. The last time we hadn't heard from him for a few days, I could not see any activity on his bank account and went to police. He was located deceased later that day with no suspicious circumstances. So, not saying his folks checked his bank all the time, but may have had his details and used them prior to the bank being advised ST was missing.

I think in early reports LE indicated ST hadn't used his bank or accessed SM, so perhaps they just got the necessary documents to access his accounts very quickly.

so sorry for your loss marples x

I didnt realise it would be that diffrent between states. Wow learn something new each day

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I know! Because really, you'd think this is something to have a national policy on: murder is bad and it's the same no matter where you do it.

Oh i wasnt knocking your thoughts, lol altho I used to drop my washing to mum till i moved to far away so that's normal for our generation I think we grew up to privileged and now a bit lazy/late catch up on

We love it when you bring the washing home [emoji6]. It means you have to stay until it's done [emoji4]

For what it's worth, I noticed that one of Sam's FB posts refers to having just been in Bald Hills (Jan 6 2016)......(it's him with a jetski in South Bank.)

We love it when you bring the washing home [emoji6]. It means you have to stay until it's done [emoji4]

Drop and run drop and run 😂😂😂

Hahaha! I get all of that. I totally understand that. It was more about it being mentioned in the press conference, that's all. But hey - it's probably neither here nor there in the scheme of things! :seeya:

Also at times when people have died recently you think back about little things they said, focus on small things you will no longer get to share. Perhaps his parents were just overwhelmed at the prospect their child was likely dead. It's a pretty sobering thought.

Yeah. But I think she said that to show he wasn't acting weird/fearful

Copy that. Because as a parent, I have to say, this would haunt me. I'd be thinking "if you were involved in something bad/in fear/in danger, How can you be small talking to me like there will be a next time? How are you not going Mum I've made a big mistake and am in a major jam now". I get he may not have wanted to alarm his parents. I get he may not have wanted to admit his wrongdoing (if any). I get he may have known he was jammed up but thought he could handle it. I get he may not have foreseen the gravity of things. But as a parent I'd be sitting here after the fact, completely over thinking if he knew/why he didn't say etc. It would be harrowing. Because on an intellectual level you can know you do not always know your child completely, but on an emotional level, I'd be asking myself "how did I miss this?"

Just checked Sam's page...present balance is $6,665...their goal is $15,000...so they have a long way to go yet...I believe the fund was opened for Sam's funeral expenses as the family have had a rough time in the last 2 years...the funeral is next Saturday.

I wonder if MSM will mention the funeral? ABC and Tiahleighs got a lot of airplay but I suppose no one had been arrested at the time of their funerals. At least ST's family (unlike the BC's and Palmers) will be spared the indignity of the people accused of ending his life being at the funeral. Even if they only get the six odd grand that's in there, that will hopefully provide a good send off. Funerals aren't cheap but you can get a nice one for that amount. He seemed to have a lot of mates, it'll be a good turn out I'd imagine.

Has it been reported if Sam's wallet and phone was found? Someone said it was left at home then someone said it was found with him or in rb house. Has there been a definite report from msm?

No I have never seen it reported definitively. I'd imagine if they did find his wallet and phone at home this would be concerning: its often a sign of suicide. Not saying that's the case here. Just saying it often occurs in cases of suicide.

With the page...I am wondering if Sam's death being drug-related has anything to do with not having raised anywhere near their goal of $15,000.
R.I.P. Sam :rose:

Possibly if people felt that it may impact their desire to donate. In some cases too, it may just be a convenient way for friends/family to pool resources. Especially if it was not known who would be administering the funeral so people could donate direct to service.

I had wondered if this was the case too. Emotionally hard times due to the feeling of being uncertain of what ST was involved with or feeling unable to help even if they had an inkling of what he was involved with?

Sam may have thought he was meeting one or both of them across the road for a beer, hence no dog. Sam may have just dropped in on his way somewhere else, also, like grocery shopping, where you can't take a dog. Unfortunately we have no evidence that he was lured to the house or that he knew AD was going to be present. I know I am stating the obvious.

You state the obvious and yet, gold. I can actually see that happening. Meet me at mine and then we'll walk across the pub and have a feed and a few beers. How innocuous would that sound to anyone? I do think if it was an arranged meet at RB ST did not know AD would be there. Because surely AD would just park there if were no biggie???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member