Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CRIMINAL CODE 1899 - SECT 302
302 Definition of murder

(quote)
2) Under subsection (1)(a) it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to hurt the particular person who is killed.

(3) Under subsection (1)(b) it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to hurt any person.

(4) Under subsection (1)(c) to (e) it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to cause death or did not know that death was likely to result.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/cc189994/s302.html

CRIMINAL CODE 1899 - SECT 302
302 Definition of murder

(quote)
2) Under subsection (1)(a) it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to hurt the particular person who is killed.

(3) Under subsection (1)(b) it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to hurt any person.

(4) Under subsection (1)(c) to (e) it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to cause death or did not know that death was likely to result.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/cc189994/s302.html
Didn't know all that. Thank

Altho I still think if they can prove they were out to kill then the will get more time. Or atleast I hope.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Didn't know all that. Thank

Altho I still think if they can prove they were out to kill then the will get more time. Or atleast I hope.

You're welcome. The penalty for Murder in QLD. is 25 yrs.- life in prison.

Well respect your opinion, but i don't agree, and i think at the very least he should of got Manslaughter. I think in some cases where someone in a murder case is acquitted, people automatically think they are innocent. But an acquittal doesn't necessarily mean innocent. It just means the state didn't prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.
In that case i mentioned, i don't think the jury had enough evidence at all to deliberate with. All IMO.

Could be. Lol never thought of it like that [emoji23][emoji23]

Yes, it's a good cover really in some ways. Often all cash and you drive all over the place. Or perhaps it gave him a level of plausible deniability to his family when they wondered how he financially supported himself? Lots of parents know their kids use drugs but not all of them know if their kids sell them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.thesatellite.com.au/news/fears-samuel-sammo-thompson-met-foul-play/3154178/

There must have been something on the radar for the homicide squad and up to 40 detectives to be investigating so quickly even though Sam wasn't in trouble and it was out of character to not be in contact with family or friends. The police were then looking into "his connections".

I think another poster earlier on said Sam's unit was being watched? I think there is probably a big difference between what the police say in pressers and what they actually know. Quite early on they said they feared he was dead or being held captive. The use of the "being held captive" indicated ST was mixed up in something to me. I found it quite strange: How they'd be painting him as this knock about lad next door who recently worked with kids, and then mentioning things like "held captive" and "unsavoury".

I know!

Straight away I knew something was up.....LE are usually SOOOO reticent to even investigate something as a missing persons case that early - especially for a guy in his early 20's - let alone publish the fact that they considered it a possible homicide straight away.

I've never seen anything like it.

I'm guessing either they spoke to his friends who may have said ST was involved in something shady or they found a big old swag of unaccounted for money in his bank.

The only time I've seen LE come out so quickly was for ABC, for reasons that are now obvious.

I'm guessing either they spoke to his friends who may have said ST was involved in something shady or they found a big old swag of unaccounted for money in his bank.

The only time I've seen LE come out so quickly was for ABC, for reasons that are now obvious.

Ah, true re ABC. And that's because ole Ger-ard acted so suspiciously in his initial contact interview...plus the nail marks, of course. :facepalm:

If Sam wasn't already under surveillance, something must have alerted the police to a dodgy situation very early on. JMO

I think another poster earlier on said Sam's unit was being watched? I think there is probably a big difference between what the police say in pressers and what they actually know. Quite early on they said they feared he was dead or being held captive. The use of the "being held captive" indicated ST was mixed up in something to me. I found it quite strange: How they'd be painting him as this knock about lad next door who recently worked with kids, and then mentioning things like "held captive" and "unsavoury".

They were watching Sam's unit from the time he was reported missing. Not prior. The police did pounce on this case strangly fast

Sure, good theories. Something way bigger than a missing guy is going on if 40 detectives were involved......:facepalm: Luxury goods and/or contraband makes sense.

I personally still think it's drugs. Alot seems to point that way, including Sam's own comments on his FB page. But that's JMO.

And it could well be drugs AND luxury goods etc.....could be a combination of stuff.

ps. Your avatar!! Adorable!! Looks almost exactly like one of my cats!!

I feel the same. I think drugs but whatever it was it landed him in hot water.

Sometimes too people are killed for what they know, even if they've not done anything particularly sinister themselves. This can easily happen where the killer is on drugs and ultra paranoid. Look no further than Aaron Hernandez.

For mine though, drugs and unpaid bills somewhere along the way.

And yes, that chumpy blue cat is adorable.

I am confident drugs are involved but it may be a part of a conglomerate and ST was "naive" as to his role and unfortunately to his detriment. I feel for his parents buuut 22yr old unemployed, flash car, apartment, luxury goods and o/s trips...hello?

O/t Thankyou, our bsh puss, he's adorable with a personality that is unique. Watch out full moon.

Agree. When the story was first on MSM a lot of the comments on QPS page/MSM articles were around his lifestyle vs his income. And if Average Joe on the street is seeing that, you'd have to think people who deal with this for a living would have been all over it.

If it is drugs it's also unsurprising that LE have not mentioned it as they may still be working through other aspects of that.

Remember the first thing the police said - his bank accounts hadn't been touched. That means they had access to them, and could see how much cash he had in the bank, plus what was going in and out. Someone ran a check on his Mustang and it came back with no encumbrances - that means he didn't owe any money on the car. His father in the press conference when asked about the car, said he didn't know where he got the money for the car and assumed bank loan.

JMO but I imagine one of the first conversations between LE and ST's family was how much money was going in and out if his account, that couldn't be attributed to being an unemployed child care worker.

And gosh if his parents really had no idea, how confronting would that have been? Based on the way that house lit up on crimemaps though, I'd wonder if they were completely oblivious: maybe didn't know the extent though?

Agree re his bank accounts. Either they had a chunk of money that couldn't be explained or they had very very little which raised questions about how his rent etc was getting paid if nothing went in or out and he had no identifiable source of legitimate income that may have been cash based.

Just re the whole planned Vs unplanned scenario....

If this was planned, then RB and AD seem like really shocking planners. Why would you intentionally murder someone at your own house? Surely they would have been better off driving Sam (restrained) to the pine plantation - alive - and doing it there? Or somewhere secluded in bushland......

Unless that was their plan and Sam fought back in a way they didn't expect? Then he died at RB's.....that makes more sense to me.

Just thinking out loud. And pure speculation, obviously.

As ever in this case, I know nothing!!!

But...it does feel like there are many layers to this whole thing. It feels slippery and shifty. I look forward to finding out the truth.

My direct knowledge of banking legislation - police can ask for requests to accounts but they usually have a time delay on them.
However they could have requested them asap due to the circumstances or already have access. They could have been watching him since his "robbery".

It is also possible someone else had his banking information and accessed it for LE: say his parents or GF.

My parent has my bank info for an emergency. If I was missing and LE wanted it she'd give it over in a jiffy.

Agree one of his friends might have fessed up and told LE ST was involved in something problematic.

"Naive as to his role" certainly fits the personality conveyed as in lover not fighter always happy I have the impression easy going, which I can imagine someone like this not realising the depth of what's going on. People in 20s also regularly feel invincible and it's not due to being arrogant just young x

So true. Everyone thinks it will never happen to them and can be a bit too laid back. Some also think they are ahead of the game and don't always realise the caliber of people they are involved with.

It is also possible someone else had his banking information and accessed it for LE: say his parents or GF.

My parent has my bank info for an emergency. If I was missing and LE wanted it she'd give it over in a jiffy.

Agree one of his friends might have fessed up and told LE ST was involved in something problematic.

That can be the case, however bank accounts are frozen as soo as it is known someone has passed away or is missing. All second party authorities are voided as the owner cannot verify.

Weither or not drugs are involved, the facebook comments are from like when we were 14/16..
Who wasn't doing drugs to some extent at that age?
I myself 'am not by any means' a drug dealer. But I knew them. I'd buy it, I'd go get it for friends who were to scared to.

Atleast for me while I was in school that was something we did at party's/on weekends, after the schooling years it all stopped tho.

"When we were 14/16": you say We. Are you school friends with ST? Just curious.

And agree, lots of people did stuff like that at school and left it behind as an adult. But some also don't I guess.

If he was selling drugs, perhaps ST sold lighter stuff like pot at school and then moved into other markets as he got older? Or perhaps he gave it away and then went back to it for some reason, like needing money or not being able to find a job? Or some other trigger?

"When we were 14/16": you say We. Are you school friends with ST? Just curious.

And agree, lots of people did stuff like that at school and left it behind as an adult. But some also don't I guess.

If he was selling drugs, perhaps ST sold lighter stuff like pot at school and then moved into other markets as he got older? Or perhaps he gave it away and then went back to it for some reason, like needing money or not being able to find a job? Or some other trigger?

I do know sam
I dont think needing money was an issue
But then again anything could have happened

Trembling in court makes me wonder what he will think about the "big house" I would be interested in thoughts on their reception in there ? I imagine remand is where everyone would behave while awaiting trial etc but I wonder with such a small environment and so many different religions and beliefs of what inmates may think of AD

I think the trembling was about RB? No surprise he'd be shaking, if it's his first run in with prison, it can be overwhelming. Especially for a tiny guy. The trembling could also be drug withdrawal?

People generally do behave well in remand.

I doubt they'd be as poorly received as child killers or peddoes but if they'd messed up someone's business/messed up on orders by killing ST, if there are associates of the aggrieved people in there, they could be in strife. Though, corrections are on the lookout for those kind of things.

As for AD, do you mean you wonder how he will go if he ends up in a prison with a large Islamic inmate population? I guess it depends on the inmate, specifically. AD has been quite open in his FB posts/MSM That it's not Islam it's the extremist aspects. So moderate Muslims may not be bothered by his dislike for ISIS. If he disliked Islam generically he could be in some strife. That said, some people love a fight with any excuse. Lionel Patea has converted to Islam since his his incarceration: imagine saying the wrong thing about it to him in close quarters if you ended up in the same facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member