Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were both heavy drug users, I'd imagine that aspect has been a hard slog.

I'd think in some ways AD may enough the "macho"Ness of jail but the lack of freedom may bother him.

I'd imagine if RB is not some sort of career criminal, jail, even remand where people behave pretty well, may be extremely confronting for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking all IMO that one has turned and that's why at this stage don't seem to be charged together. That may change and dates come into line, but it's a thought - I don't know which one but ? I guess we may see next month though
Adding - not necessary turned but pleading guilty ?

Just an interesting article about the missing (BBM):
"Snr Sgt Powell said there were three main reasons people disappeared.
“Health is one — either mental health issues or it can be cancer related.”
Financial pressures and relationship breakdowns were other factors. When a missing person case is brought to Snr Sgt Powell, the first step is to look at the cause...

Queensland Police this week launched an app that will allow officers to upload missing person details, including photos, and release them instantly to the media.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...e/news-story/bf573d61bc919002e87d38f95fc28410

I'm thinking all IMO that one has turned and that's why at this stage don't seem to be charged together. That may change and dates come into line, but it's a thought - I don't know which one but ? I guess we may see next month though
Adding - not necessary turned but pleading guilty ?

I have been looking around to see if separate committals means separate trials, but am not finding anything specifically about that. It may be that they have separate committals, and if found there is enough evidence for a trial in each case, then they would probably be tried together. :dunno:

From what I understand about what I have read about separate trials, it is not easy to convince a trial judge that separate trials are necessary. But such trials have very occasionally been allowed in cases where the evidence against one person may clearly unfairly affect the outcome for the other person.

BBM
Most criminal practitioners in Queensland would, I expect, be well aware of the difficulty encountered in any attempt to secure a separate trial for a defendant charged with an alleged co‐accused.

Qld Criminal Code
s568 Cases in which several charges may be joined
(11)** Any number of persons charged with committing or with procuring the commission of the same offence, …**may be charged with substantive offences in the same indictment, and may be tried together notwithstanding that the principal offender …**is not included in the same indictment, or is not amenable to justice.

(12)* *Any number of persons charged with committing different or separate offences arising substantially out of the same facts or out of closely related facts so that a substantial part of the facts is relevant to all the charges may be charged in the same indictment and tried together.

What is clear from these cases is that it is not easy to persuade a trial judge to exercise the discretion in favour of a separate trial let alone convince an appeal court that the refusal to do so should be overturned.

https://elo.legalaid.qld.gov.au/webdocs/dbtextdocs/internal/irregseries/cle/2009/separatetrials.pdf

IMO JMO MOO

I have been looking around to see if separate committals means separate trials, but am not finding anything specifically about that. It may be that they have separate committals, and if found there is enough evidence for a trial in each case, then they would probably be tried together. :dunno:

From what I understand about what I have read about separate trials, it is not easy to convince a trial judge that separate trials are necessary. But such trials have very occasionally been allowed in cases where the evidence against one person may clearly unfairly affect the outcome for the other person.

BBM

IMO JMO MOO

Thanks for that South Aus that makes sense. Very informative too.

Just an interesting article about the missing (BBM):
"Snr Sgt Powell said there were three main reasons people disappeared.
“Health is one — either mental health issues or it can be cancer related.”
Financial pressures and relationship breakdowns were other factors. When a missing person case is brought to Snr Sgt Powell, the first step is to look at the cause...

Queensland Police this week launched an app that will allow officers to upload missing person details, including photos, and release them instantly to the media.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...e/news-story/bf573d61bc919002e87d38f95fc28410

Interesting. And makes me think this is probably why they were very clear in stating that Sam's mental health was good, he had a girlfriend, and he obviously was okay in the money department (nice car) when they were making their initial public appeals.

Folks, per the Social Media Rules, comments under MSM articles are not to be quoted, copied, or referenced. Please just don't mention them.

Additionally, SM pages belonging to friends of either of the two suspects or Sam are also off limits. Please do not sleuth them and discuss your findings, suspicions, or opinions of these people here.

Posts have been removed.

Posting privileges may be suspended for those who continue to post with a disregard for the rules.

Folks, per the Social Media Rules, comments under MSM articles are not to be quoted, copied, or referenced. Please just don't mention them.

Additionally, SM pages belonging to friends of either of the two suspects or Sam are also off limits. Please do not sleuth them and discuss your findings, suspicions, or opinions of these people here.

Posts have been removed.

Posting privileges may be suspended for those who continue to post with a disregard for the rules.

Thanks for the reminder it's not hard to let things slip.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

O/T...Just heard on our local radio that one in three children in Australia are living in homes with family members who are affected by drugs in some way...:notgood:

O/T...Just heard on our local radio that one in three children in Australia are living in homes with family members who are affected by drugs in some way...:notgood:
It is an epidemic here in Australia for sure. It is getting worse in the U.S. with Fentanyl products hitting the streets as well as heroin. Imho the ice scourge is the reason for the increase in domestic violence,murders and child abuse/neglect cases. I really dread to think what the future holds for my grandkids.
You can only educate and protect your kids from so much,but the world is a much smaller place with technology etc and once they become independent teens/adults you can't keep tabs on them all the time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BBM

IMO JMO MOO

Just wanted to re-thank South Aus. I gracefully back away from previous ideas of seperate trials due to further reading. I would all IMO expect the dates to align at some stage. All IMO it appears same indictable offence = same trial. Regardless of pleas of each accused. I will recheck wording of TOS regarding Qld law sites and see if anything is worth sharing as I have read some interesting points :) I'm sure all have read same though. Will not edit previous post as it's been quoted and I am happy to admit a change of knowledge :) all IMO MOO ect etc

FWIW my son was asked to leave school ( state school Qld) in 2007 and later attended the formal with his then girlfriend of the same school, now happily married. I started his apprenticeship and he hasn't looked back....Thanks to the gods.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
Our high school if you didn't attend the school you couldn't actually go. Boyfriend/girlfriend wife/husband didn't matter. Multiple students wernt allowed there partners. But again they could have been other circumstances as to why sam was allowed to attend if he had left (I was not allowed as i left early and my partner had to go with someone else else)

*just to add. I was apart of the early leavers calls, they were annoying. 😂

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

The only way I can see if the Chrysler and Mustang AND Sam were all there at the same time is if there was to be an exchange of product and more money was needed at RB's, so the convoy moved over to there.

Hi guys,

First time poster. Is it plausible that ST picked up RB from his house and met AD at the car park at Deep Water Bend?
Also, has anyone else noticed in the CCTV footage of the Mustang and c300 leaving dwb that there appears to be a 'jump' in the video between the appearance of the mustang and then the c300?

JMO

BBM

IMO JMO MOO
Could it be due to them being arrested separately the will go to the next hearing where they decide guilty or not guilty, if they pleed the same id assume they would go to actual trial together?

Does rb and ad have the same lawyer?

Hi guys,

First time poster. Is it plausible that ST picked up RB from his house and met AD at the car park at Deep Water Bend?
Also, has anyone else noticed in the CCTV footage of the Mustang and c300 leaving dwb that there appears to be a 'jump' in the video between the appearance of the mustang and then the c300?

JMO

Welcome KLEEWDO!!

:welcome:

Hi guys,

JMO
There is an orginal vid without the 'jump' ill try find it *forgive me* but I believe there is 20 odd seconds between cars

Hi guys,

JMO

:welcome: KLEEWDO
I think the picking up theory is plausible

Hi guys,

JMO
There is an orginal vid without the 'jump' ill try find it *forgive me* but I believe there is 20 odd seconds between cars

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r/news-story/bb223763537e511eac8852bfffecd45e
Hi guys,

JMO

Could it be due to them being arrested separately the will go to the next hearing where they decide guilty or not guilty, if they pleed the same id assume they would go to actual trial together?

RB has a 'team of lawyers' (unnamed) and AD has a different lawyer

I'm pretty sure they'd each require their own separate legal representation. I found AD's lawyer in MSM, but not the elusive RB's......

Dyball's lawyer Alex Jones

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-...over-suspected-murder-samuel-thompson/8406912

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceSprings