Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When someone appears or has a mention in court are their legal representation identified at the time? Knowing who RB s team is could help us speculate.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

It seems unusual, to me, that we do not yet know who Boscaino's representation is. Generally, it is mentioned pretty much right away. When they have their first court appearance.

So, hopefully, when they go to court on his behalf next month we will hear who they are. Otherwise we will be wondering why we are not getting that info!

As you say, looking at who his representation are can sometimes add to what we know or suspect about the crime.

IMO JMO MOO

Thank you for the warm welcome [emoji4].

For some reason it keeps coming up that there's an error when I try to post my response, but hopefully this will work. I'm sorry the previous comments that are pertinent to my post aren't quoted, this is due to the error that keeps coming up.

I think sometimes the answer is the most simple. If it was stolen, it could have just been an opportunistic theft. It would not have been the first time something like that has happened.
I am local to the Murrumba Downs area and know DWB fairly well. Personally, I would not leave my car there unattended for fear of it being stolen/broken into.

The purpose of the alternate thief leaving it could be just that, they had their fun with it running it down the highway. It is an extremely noticable car, so they ditched it before their luck ran out.

On another note, there is a double lock up garage at RB's house. Why not stow the mustang there until they knew what to do with it.

However, RB and AD might have indeed ditched the Mustang nearby because RB's girlfriend was due to come home, so perhaps they had to work around her comings and goings also?

I'm not saying that I necessarily believe this is what happened, I am merely offering an alternate angle. I don't know what to believe at this point as this case is so enigmatic.

I also wonder if the same CCTV camera captured the cars at other times on the 7th March? There is only one way in & out of Deep Water Bend by car, so you couldn't avoid the CCTV camera on that house. The only other way would be by boat.

All just opinions and speculation.

I might have a look at DWB on my way home in the morning.

Hi and welcome [emoji4]

Unfortunately one flaw with your scenario - there is more than one way into DWB which would avoid the camera they were caught on. You can get through the maze of houses without going down Kluver Rd....... I did.
But I'm not eliminating the rest of your theory here [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have been looking around to see if separate committals means separate trials, but am not finding anything specifically about that. It may be that they have separate committals, and if found there is enough evidence for a trial in each case, then they would probably be tried together. :dunno:

From what I understand about what I have read about separate trials, it is not easy to convince a trial judge that separate trials are necessary. But such trials have very occasionally been allowed in cases where the evidence against one person may clearly unfairly affect the outcome for the other person.

BBM

IMO JMO MOO
Hi Guys,
First time poster but I have been following since thread 1.
<modsnip>

I am of the opinion ST was under surveillance, whether a dealer or informant I don't know, but there's no way this would be such a large amount of LE on this case without previous insight.

Additionally, IMO, RB has a legal team who is trying to get him off and pin it all on AD. I think RB possibly hired a legal team prior to being arrested, and the reason we can't find anything is that he was instructed to wipe as much as possible off the internet to ensure there is less online sleuthing, speculation and negativity towards him, leaning it mainly to AD. MOO, JMO, IMO etc!

It has been really interesting and informative reading your posts on these 4 threads so far. Thanks for all the sleuthing work you all do!

Hi Guys,
<modsnip>

I am of the opinion ST was under surveillance, whether a dealer or informant I don't know, but there's no way this would be such a large amount of LE on this case without previous insight.

Additionally, IMO, RB has a legal team who is trying to get him off and pin it all on AD. I think RB possibly hired a legal team prior to being arrested, and the reason we can't find anything is that he was instructed to wipe as much as possible off the internet to ensure there is less online sleuthing, speculation and negativity towards him, leaning it mainly to AD. MOO, JMO, IMO etc!

It has been really interesting and informative reading your posts on these 4 threads so far. Thanks for all the sleuthing work you all do!

Welcome. Yes i felt everything was wiped intentionally great post thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,
<modsnip>

Welcome Squizzle!!!

:welcome6:

That makes total sense re RB hiring a legal team prior to being arrested :thinking:

Hi Guys,
<modsnip>

I hope that's the case because RB would have to give a detailed account to get himself off, this would lead AD to refute RB's claims and replace with his own version. Somewhere within their stories is the truth backed up by evidence the police have gathered. JMO

Welcome to all the newbies!

I hope that's the case because RB would have to give a detailed account to get himself off, this would lead AD to refute RB's claims and replace with his own version. Somewhere within their stories is the truth backed up by evidence the police have gathered. JMO

Welcome to all the newbies!

This is one reason I think they may likely be tried together. Trials where people intend to shove the blame on to the other are very frequently tried jointly.

I do wonder if RB will claim he can't be tried fairly with AD due to his Syria media coverage.

This is one reason I think they may likely be tried together. Trials where people intend to shove the blame on to the other are very frequently tried jointly.

I do wonder if RB will claim he can't be tried fairly with AD due to his Syria media coverage.

That's a good point Marples, their lawyers are going to have their work cut out.

RB case is due 8/5 and AD 15/5 neither are required to attend in person imo jmo I was wondering if a trip to the court might let us know who's repping RB. Which might give some insight as to RB character.....Like McCallum on the gold coast for example.

THIS. RB the invisible is being represented in a week. I am already on the edge of my seat. A bit of justice in action is very welcome I am sure, for all of the stakeholders... family, friends, LE, North Brisbane folk...
I so hope we are moving forward

THIS. RB the invisible is being represented in a week. I am already on the edge of my seat. A bit of justice in action is very welcome I am sure, for all of the stakeholders... family, friends, LE, North Brisbane folk...

RB the Invisible :floorlaugh:

The only thing is RB is the one they have said most about. Also can you lawyer up and not come forward. I know confidentiality, but isn't there some rule to having to come forward with serious info. I think it was 8-9 days after that white car was shown on press release, that RB was arrested. While it is totally plausible you would think it happened the other way ? Unless it all happened once police arrived. just wondering out loud.
Unless he came forward before and it was only announced then ??

RB the Invisible :floorlaugh:

Yes it gave me a mental picture of when a cheesy vampire sweeps his cape across his face and skulks from sight.

The only thing is RB is the one they have said most about. Also can you lawyer up and not come forward. I know confidentiality, but isn't there some rule to having to come forward with serious info. I think it was 8-9 days after that white car was shown on press release, that RB was arrested. While it is totally plausible you would think it happened the other way ? Unless it all happened once police arrived. just wondering out loud.

Yes you can retain counsel and not come forward. Even if you tell your lawyer you stone cold did it, it just means they can't mount a positive defense, is my understanding. It's also possible they were questioned without making it publicly known well ahead of being charged.

Yes you can retain counsel and not come forward. Even if you tell your lawyer you stone cold did it, it just means they can't mount a positive defense, is my understanding. It's also possible they were questioned without making it publicly known well ahead of being charged.

Thanks Marples. I'm still open to Squizzle idea just thinking timing but, and ideas, maybe all that happened after arrest. Making public info about RB house, Bunnings etc would then give appearance of him in as much trouble. To like pressure on both.

Also I think accessory after is almost same jail term ? But I guess you would have the opportunity of protective units?
Edited due to going to far out of the square [emoji848]

BBM They sure can lawyer up and not come forward, as Marples has already said. We are seeing that frustration in the Karen Ristevski case, where her husband (the #1 suspect, according to his lawyer) lawyered up almost right away, and won't cooperate with the police .... nor will their daughter.

So frustrating! :banghead:

Poor Karen - murdered and dumped in the forest, and no-one in her marriage-family will help the police. :(

IMO JMO MOO

Is it worth going to the court? How much information other than legal representation for RB will be discussed?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is there any general direction of travel of synthetic drugs in Queensland? Say, cocaine or ice in northern Brisbane, is it likely to have been manufactured on the Gold Coast, or flown in through Brisbane airport, or to have made its way down from northern areas, or to have been transported up from New South Wales?

Going back to the hypothesis that Sam was buying not selling (the money comes to the drugs; RB is rumoured to have been dealing since his early teens yes?), perhaps the dealers would have had criminal connections on the Gold Coast whom they could call upon to dispose of a car. Someone might even come up, pick up the car from DWB, and take it away and dump it over the border. Not such a problem for an unrelated person to get back from NSW to the Gold Coast? And if RB and AD then had the problem of getting the third person's (inconspicuous) car back to the Gold Coast, no big deal and no hurry. Or one of them could have driven the Mustang to the Gold Coast and left it with the third person, perhaps returning by public transport.

Is it worth going to the court? How much information other than legal representation for RB will be discussed?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If it ends up truly being a committal hearing (and the lawyers don't say 'we need more time, we haven't got any of the brief of evidence' or whatever) ... it will be VERY worth going. If it is a committal they will need to hear evidence that will take this to trial.

IMO JMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member