Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.3aw.com.au/news/baby-sanaya-death-woman-charged-with-murder-20160412-go4nfh.html

Channel 7 Reporter Karen O'Sullivan told Nick McCallum police had obtained CCTV footage of a woman pushing a pram toward Darebin Creek on the Saturday morning with the infant clearly in it and returning from the creek with the pram empty.

Thanks for this. It was the first report I'd seen/heard that actually named the 22-year-old as Sofina, so I was unsure if some kind of jurisprudence/privacy order was in place.

Thanks for this. It was the first report I'd seen/heard that actually named the 22-year-old as Sofina, so I was unsure if some kind of jurisprudence/privacy order was in place.

She has just been remanded in court so now Subjudice will apply - probably didn't when they showed it.

So they're no longer looking for a poorly dressed and poorly described African baby napper? Colour me shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Took the words right out of my mouth.

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/baby-sanaya-death-woman-charged-with-murder-20160412-go4nfh.html

Channel 7 Reporter Karen O'Sullivan told Nick McCallum police had obtained CCTV footage of a woman pushing a pram toward Darebin Creek on the Saturday morning with the infant clearly in it and returning from the creek with the pram empty.

I just hope that poor innocent little baby didn't suffer.

I hate it when the hinky meter is right. :(

Words fail me. ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no.
I wanted to believe that perhaps someone else had done it and she had somehow been coerced in to the cover-up under the threat of violence/death.
Which was not really a better scenario...but it was easier to think that the killer was anyone OTHER than the mother.

ETA:
22. So young. For some reason I thought she was a little older...

Exactly how I feel/felt.

What dreadful news. Wonder what her motive to kill her own precious little girl was? RIP Sanaya, :rose:

She couldn't even be bothered to pretend to look like her child had just been abducted! She just walks back home slowly with an empty pram

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Makes me so mad!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Well looks like they did have CCTV footage of her after all.

Police found the evidence they needed. It captured the alleged murderer's demeanor i.e. walking back home in a calm manner with an empty stroller! :facepalm:
Was there underlying mental illness? psychosis? depression?
Or was there a desire for revenge?
Or an unwanted child blamed for breakdown of marriage?
Only her own words will reveal her motive.
Poor Sanaya. :rose:

Damn!!! how could she?? another child taken by the person thats ment to protect them. Shame on you!!

Wow what terrible news. Not at all surprised, but I feel so sad for that poor baby girl :( another baby failed by those who should protect her most.

Charging her with murder means that it was intentional, right? :( If she'd died accidentally, or something, it'd be manslaughter or something to do with disposing of the body.

She was charged after making a "full confession" and investigators are no longer looking at anyone else. I'm more surprised than I expected to be... maybe now that we've been given a glimpse of her home life, I'm wondering if she's being frightened into confessing as a safer option. I still don't understand how she could have done this entirely on her own. Although her FB page makes her seem more feisty and independent than I had thought in the beginning.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flapperst
Back