Found Deceased Australia - Sanaya Sahib, 15 mos, Heidelberg West, Vic, 9 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Charging her with murder means that it was intentional, right? :( If she'd died accidentally, or something, it'd be manslaughter or something to do with disposing of the body.

Yes :( intent to kill must be proved for a murder charge.

wow, sad to say I saw this coming, saw it on the news last night and instantly said to my partner the mother did it. The description was so vague and made no sense someone would just grab the baby like that, like if it was taken in such broad daylight they probably would have kept it.
Im guessing she attempted to kill her the week before if there was a call there for a seizure

wow, sad to say I saw this coming, saw it on the news last night and instantly said to my partner the mother did it. The description was so vague and made no sense someone would just grab the baby like that, like if it was taken in such broad daylight they probably would have kept it.
Im guessing she attempted to kill her the week before if there was a call there for a seizure

If it is a fact that she attempted to kill the baby a week before then my question is why was there no intervention for Sanaya's safety? We have yet to learn if it was a fact though?

Some egghead lawyer will go for depression, PND or some other disorder.
Appeal, and she'll be out in 7 years.

My cousin was pregnant at 14, had the baby at 15 & she was the best mum ever. She's still married to the father 40 years later.

7:34pm April 12, 2016

Mitcham woman Sofina Nikat , arrested on Tuesday morning in Mont Albert

Nikat, wearing thongs and a dark cardigan over her clothes, only spoke when asked by the bail justice if she had been looked after in custody.

Holding her hand to her face, she quietly responded: "Yeah, yeah."

Nikat was holding a book in her other hand.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/04/12/18/09/mum-charged-with-vic-tot-s-murder

Sadly this was no surprise.

Id really like to know WHY.

Some egghead lawyer will go for depression, PND or some other disorder.
Appeal, and she'll be out in 7 years.

My cousin was pregnant at 14, had the baby at 15 & she was the best mum ever. She's still married to the father 40 years later.

I really hope not. What an insult to every woman to suffer PND if so.

It just infuriates me. If she didn't want to be a mother, then why not give this girl up for a family desperate for a baby to love? I have a feeling the reason for this is so the 'mother' can have freedom.. Just a feeling I got from her Facebook photos..

I really hope not. What an insult to every woman to suffer PND if so.

It just infuriates me. If she didn't want to be a mother, then why not give this girl up for a family desperate for a baby to love? I have a feeling the reason for this is so the 'mother' can have freedom.. Just a feeling I got from her Facebook photos..

I thought the exact same thing the first time I saw the mothers fb photos the day it was first reported.

I can't say I'm surprised the Mother has been charged, it's exactly what I was expecting.

In what world do you think you can do this, make up some BS story and get away with it? In such a populated area, in broad daylight? I won't be surprised if the defense claims a mental health issue

You know, there is no reason to suspect it isn't PND, after all, what normal mother just kills her infant after having her for 15 months? By all accounts she was a loved child, happy, well dressed and cared for until recently.

Yeah it *could* be PND, but that to me is just a cop out. The information in the media has not shown a child who was surrounded by love. I love my baby, and therefore I'd never allow him to be anywhere near people like the sort of people this girl was exposed to.

Obviously anyone who kills their child has some sort of mental illness, but not every mother who kills her child suffers PND. I find it insulting to assume that.

It's a mental condition, not a cop out.
What we might see as not loving or nurturing may not be what others see, circumstances and our own upbringing/education and socio economic status play a part in how we parent. Most people do the best they know how.

You know, there is no reason to suspect it isn't PND, after all, what normal mother just kills her infant after having her for 15 months? By all accounts she was a loved child, happy, well dressed and cared for until recently.

Usually, we would expect the mother to feel a strong attachment by 15 months.Was a normal attachment seen by the maternal & child health nurses? What about the hospital nurses/staff? Did they observe a normal attachment between mother and child? Was mother's relating with child spontaneous, warm and responsive or emotionally blunted and mechanical i.e. just going through the motions? What about the local GP? Did he/she look for a normal attachment between mother and child? These questions need to be seriously asked. An innocent, vulnerable 15 month old child has been murdered allegedly by her own mother. Allegedly, paramedics raised questions about a possible suffocation attempt on April 3rd resulting in seizures in the child. Red flag.The child was allegedly taken to hospital. We need to ask WHY was this child released back into the care of this mother - especially if there was any suspicion of possible suffocation? WHAT has happened here that those red flags were overlooked?
My opinion only.

I wouldn't be surprised if she has some kind of depression, looking at her FB pictures. The two that have been updated in April show her looking very sad. Even one of her friend's has told her to smile next time. Her reaction, or lack of, when she was taken away from her house... even if she 'knew' what she had done then she would have had emotion. Depression is a horrible illness, it takes away all feelings.

Before these two pictures she looks happy. I think something has happened and made her go crashing downhill. Maybe her husband was her 'rock' and now being separated she realises how hard it is and maybe her family isn't as supportive as others?

If she truly has PND then it is sad. I had this with my first child and ended up in a psychiatric hospital for 6 weeks seeking help. It was a hard battle but I survived and so did bub. There is help out there, but sometimes people just don't know where to look.

I feel so sad for this little angel. I just wish we could somehow have the baby/child hatches in Australia (like the ones in China) - maybe this would help our little innocent babes out. Give them a chance. Something has to be done.

That CCTV footage was shocking. She had the same brisk steady pace walking home as she did when she left. Not a stumble. Who knows what she was thinking, but I also feel that a PND diagnosis is a bit too neat and compassionate. This woman's marriage had broken up, plus looking after a toddler is a completely different parenting experience to a baby, which can be treated like a "doll" to a certain extent. Maybe she'd just had enough of the whole deal. If she had any parenting instinct left, the baby would have been found cuddled in a blanket at least or in her own bed, not dumped in a creek.
JMO

Was Sanaya alive when she was taken in the stroller to the park and smothered there? Was she dead in the pram having been smothered at home and taken to the park to be dumped?

If she was alive in the pram maybe the mother had tried to smother her weeks ago and been interrupted and the ambulance called when Sanaya started fitting so she took her out of the home so she wouldn't be interrupted?

I would like to know if the family were involved and covering it up or if they believed the mothers story?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back