GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I too had an awful feeling he would take the easy way out. Relieved for her mum.

Now lets hope they get his justice correct this time.

I am so happy they got him : )

Yes, I too had an awful feeling he would take the easy way out. Relieved for her mum.

Thank God for that! Well done Vic Police. :clap:

<modsnip> That's why he nicked off.:twocents::furious:

Can't you just hear them now at that womens' mag, holding the presses, hoping to get another scoop on the offender once he's charged. Mock outrage. Planning the special issue for Vic only. JMO

Im really surprised he didnt "run" further away.

Thank goodness. I also can't believe he was still in Melbourne.

Twitter:
Jo Hall &#8207;@Jo_Hall9

The 47 year old Bacchus Marsh man was arrested over the murder of Sarah Cafferkey at a residential address in Hawthorn @9newsmelb

BBM

People with asthma are able to purchase ephedrine at the chemist. MOO

Sorry, in all that excitement I forgot to mention this post; very clever thinking. I'm positive drugs definitely had some part to play in this tragedy.

Man arrested following death of Bacchus Marsh woman Sarah Cafferkey

Tuesday, 20 November 2012 13:09

Homicide Squad detectives have arrested a 47-year-old man today in relation to the death of Bacchus Marsh woman Sarah Cafferkey.

Special Operations Group members arrested the man at a residential premises in Hawthorn around 12.30pm.

The Bacchus Marsh man is currently in custody and assisting police with their enquiries.

The investigation into Sarah&#8217;s disappearance and death continues.

The community is reminded that comments on social media sites may potentially affect the outcome of court matters relating to this investigation.

We request people refrain from posting hateful or inciteful comments on these sites.

Kelly Yates
Media Officer
VP23815/2012

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/mor...h-of-bacchus-marsh-woman-sarah-cafferkey.html

Twitter:
Jo Hall &#8207;@Jo_Hall9

The 47 year old Bacchus Marsh man was arrested over the murder of Sarah Cafferkey at a residential address in Hawthorn @9newsmelb

BBM

Who would give such a lowlife a hiding place?

What is LE? Have to say the cops are making me very proud lately. Given how much stick they cop, how poorly they are paid, they have been doing a top job.

Man arrested following death of Bacchus Marsh woman Sarah Cafferkey

Tuesday, 20 November 2012 13:09

Homicide Squad detectives have arrested a 47-year-old man today in relation to the death of Bacchus Marsh woman Sarah Cafferkey.

Special Operations Group members arrested the man at a residential premises in Hawthorn around 12.30pm.

The Bacchus Marsh man is currently in custody and assisting police with their enquiries.

The investigation into Sarah’s disappearance and death continues.

The community is reminded that comments on social media sites may potentially affect the outcome of court matters relating to this investigation.

We request people refrain from posting hateful or inciteful comments on these sites.

Kelly Yates
Media Officer
VP23815/2012

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/mor...h-of-bacchus-marsh-woman-sarah-cafferkey.html

OK so someone was HELPING HIM? I hope they managed to convince him to turn himself in.

Not strictly on topic (sorry!) but i found this a very interesting read for those wondering about the horrific ordeal the detectives must go through.

I've been thinking more about it since I met a man whose son is actually one of the top homicide squad detectives in Victoria and presided over the Jill Meagher case (and I imagine this case too).

http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-faces-in-the-unsolved-murder-files-20091009-gqug.html

Among the many victims of prolonged and unsolved murder investigations there is often one group that gets little recognition - detectives who work on the cases.

The pressure is well-known among senior hands in the Homicide Squad, particularly since the death of Detective Sergeant Steve Leach.

Mr Leach was one of the state's most experienced homicide investigators and worked on the Ivan Milat murders, the disappearance of Samantha Knight and spent two years walking through massacre sites and talking to survivors of the Balkans war during a secondment to the European War Crimes Tribunal in The Hague.

While on sick leave, Mr Leach walked into a weapons storeroom and shot himself dead.

At his funeral, Father Jim Boland spoke of how seeing the effects of evil and cruelty of the worst kind for so long had a cost.

Who would give such a lowlife a hiding place?

Family .... or another lowlife. Seems as though he has destroyed his vehicle so was probably not able to get very far away, and he's way too recognisable now to move around freely on public transport.

Good on ya Vic police. Now if we could only say the same about the judicial system!

That is interesting somanto, pre-kids, I was a critical incident stress debriefer - I always wanted to work with emergency services personel like this. I can't imagine the trauma, but they often tend to shut it off and compartmentalise, and are not interested in 'talking' it through. I understand that, too. It's quite an interesting topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member