GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably sucked the belly in for his Facebook photos

Might have borrowed a whalebone corset for the photoshoot.

Looks pretty forgettable in the arrest pics.

ABC News just said that charges are expected tonight.

ETA: SC FB definitely down, SH's still visible.

The Prime Minister of Oz, I reckon. :rocker:

Has got a brother? :floorlaugh:

So true that the worst crims are living '5 star' when our soldiers are out in the weather or if they're lucky maybe a tent

Going to a criminal law conference on Saturday. One of the speakers is the former DPP in NSW. Another is the judge who in 2002 sentenced the ring leader of a pack of gang rapists to 55 years with 40 non-parole.
If there were more like Justice Finnane, women would be safer to walk the streets of our cities. Maybe Jill and Sarah would be spending Christmas with their families. :-(

This is from Four Corners, a few snippets from His Honour's sentencing remarks.
15 August 2002
HIS HONOUR: The offender (Skaf) was the leader of a brutal gang of rapists who, on three occasions, raped four young women. His activity and those of his gang spread terror in Sydney in August 2000 just before the commencement of the Olympic Games. The gang consisted of varying numbers of men, up to about fourteen. Not all of them have been caught.
As is common with rapists, the gang members treated each of their victims with callous indifference and considerable cruelty.

The courts must attempt to protect society from the possibility that those who have been caught will engage in this type of activity again.

The Crown also attacked (leader's) credibility, something made easier when he falsely claimed from the witness box that he was a man of good character. This led to an application that I permit the Crown to prove his criminal record.

What this trial showed was that he was the leader of the pack, a liar, a bully, a coward, callous and mean. He is, in truth, a menace to any civilised society.
He has expressed neither remorse or contrition. Indeed, during the trial and during the sentencing proceedings he has conducted himself as if the proceedings were a joke.

The offender's head sentence will conclude on 11 February, 2056 and his non-parole period will conclude on 11 February, 2040.

At that stage he will have been in custody for forty years. Hopefully he will no longer be a menace to society. The offender may be removed.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/s675775.htm
:twocents:

Curiosity got the better of me, I had a look at the RIP Sarah Cafferkey Facebook page and it seemed really quiet and respectful. When I looked, there were only messages of love and support for her family. Perhaps there has been a clean up.

Only murder? I just thought there would have been more charges ....

Just throwing my two cents in - while everyone is commenting on the leniency of the sentences and the parole board (and i DO agree - 13 years is a serious joke), after personally serving under a year in prison in Victoria for a minor offence, if you think the prisons actually make a serious effort to rehabilitate the inmates or look after your mental health (particularly the bigger prisons) youre kidding yourself. You actually have to go out of your way* to seek those opportunities.. near the start of my sentence i requested help with a psychologist for severe social anxiety and other mental illnesses and i had one doctor just make a mockery of me, while another finally planned to set up some group counselling but it never eventuated despite my pestering because i wanted to get on top of my health!

My point being that i think both the judicial AND prison system need looking at, they should be working hand in hand. Judges sentence with the thought that prisons will attempt to help and rehabilitate, but honestly its just not what i saw.

*By go out of your way - i mean hound the guards/prison repeatedly because it just doesnt seem like a priority for them.

With all due respect to you anareye, I don't have the perception of prison being a place to 'fix' perpetrators of crime but a place to punish them for their wrongdoing. If they want to be fixed they should seek help before they commit criminal acts. There are plenty of people in society who had horrible upbringings and have been exposed to violence through no fault of their own. Many people are able to break the cycle and move on to become valuable members of society. Im sick of people who blame their abusive parents, their babysitter, their school teacher etc as if it somehow justifies murdering not one but TWO innocent women. There is no justification here. To quote a judge on Northern Exposure "I don't judge people I judge their actions", for some reason that quote has stuck with me for years. His actions deserve to be punished severely.

So it is totally a blonde wig VOM!! Nice try :floorlaugh: Like someone mentioned earlier.. IQ of a potato!

He said Hunter had a shaven head and said he was of a muscular build.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...rkeys-death-20121120-29ncs.html#ixzz2CjnSVMpO

not sure if i can post this, but there is a twitter picture of hi. showing one of his hair blonde styles from earlier this year http://twitter.com/ian_byers/status/270828827909963777/photo/1

channel 7 news (Melbourne) just had an update Sarah was stabbed multiple times on Nov 10th at Bacchus Marsh and her body transported to Point Cook and disposed of in a wheelie bin

He has been charged with one count of murder and has made full admissions.

I feel sick

there's no way I could be a homicide detective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads