GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many wheelie bins per household do they have? We have 3 diff bins here.

Bit of a punt, taking a body to a wheelie bin somewhere else, I would have thought, and especially if you knew it was collection day. If anyone tried to put something in our bin on collection day, they'd be flat out squeezing a piece of newspaper in there - it's always full on collection day.

So the logic behind taking the body to a house that he knew and where he is known is really puzzling. And why he used the wheelie bin is equally puzzling - if it was empty, then the collection would have been already and the body was always going to be there for another week. If the collection had NOT happened, then the bin would have been full or close to it.

All very odd....

Wonder why he didn't just use ANY wheelie bin, somewhere along the way, or an industrial dumpster with much more room in it? Why THAT one?

It all leads me back to who the 2nd housemate of PC is?

Bit of a punt, taking a body to a wheelie bin somewhere else, I would have thought, and especially if you knew it was collection day. If anyone tried to put something in our bin on collection day, they'd be flat out squeezing a piece of newspaper in there - it's always full on collection day.

So the logic behind taking the body to a house that he knew and where he is known is really puzzling. And why he used the wheelie bin is equally puzzling - if it was empty, then the collection would have been already and the body was always going to be there for another week. If the collection had NOT happened, then the bin would have been full or close to it.

All very odd....

Wonder why he didn't just use ANY wheelie bin, somewhere along the way, or an industrial dumpster with much more room in it? Why THAT one?

hmm good point. Unless, he knows that no one was actually living in the house (either away on holidays, or house only rented for other purposes as someone else hypothesized) and knew that there would be nothing in the bin?

All very odd....

Unless it was a temporary thing, he knew that tenants were away, intended to come back and sort it. In the meantime, as inky says, police pay him a visit so he can't go back to the PC house.
And/or -the stripped yellow car was part of the ultimate plan.

JMO

We have 3, but the rubbish bin with red lid is 120 L, green and yellow are 240 L.
Our red bins get emptied once a week, yellow and green recycling on alternate weeks - so a fortnight between empties for each one.

All very odd....

I would imagine that it would be quite difficult to put a body in a wheelie bin without being seen if it was outside of someone's property. He knew that he had privacy with the PC address given that he clearly had access to the house and he simply could have emptied the rubbish out if it had anything in it. We don't know how long the tenants had been away from the house so it could have been empty for starters. Weekly bin collections or fortnightly??

Also if he took the body there on the Sunday he wouldn't have risked leaving it out for the Monday pick up and planned to go back on that day to out the bin out but as someone mentioned missed the collection. Why he didn't come up with another plan on the spot who knows unless of course his intent was to frame someone else therefore making the bin collection a mute point.

The yellow car is a bit of a sticking point. If it was his car then he would have known that it would have been linked to him, if so did he report it stolen to cover tracks? Or did the car belong to one of the tenants, however if that was the case and he was trying to frame someone surely he would have just left it at the house. Why strip and dump it besides the obvious of getting rid of his DNA. But to leave it on the side if a freeway out in the open is rather bizarre. Broke down maybe? Was that car even used to transport the body? Stripped by opportunists as opposed to SH given the wheels were taken?

So many questions.........

MOO

I'm located 2 hours from PC but we have two bins at my household: one is small with a red lid for normal household rubbish (collected once a week on Tuesday) and the other is bigger with a yellow lid for recycling (collected once a fortnight on Tuesday). Some people around here can have three - one with a green lid for garden clippings etc (collected once a week on Friday) but that is optional and here it is at extra cost which we pay in our rates. Not sure if it would be the same there?
Just wanted to offer my part:) not that it is very helpful though.

We have 3, but the rubbish bin with red lid is 120 L, green and yellow are 240 L.
Our red bins get emptied once a week, yellow and green recycling on alternate weeks - so a fortnight between empties for each one.

The red ones are quite small, there would only be one way to fit a body in those ones... So maybe he used the larger recycling bin, not realising that maybe the recycling pick-up was not that week. We know that bins get picked up on Mondays, but can anyone can confirm the week recycling is picked up in that area?

I think it is probably safe to say he isn't the smartest crim on the block and no great planning or judgement went in to anything he did. Because my muderous clean up plan does not involve telling my workmates I killed someone and then making one of them help me set a car on fire. You'll find drug use addles the reasoning.

I noted the date on his FB he had for highschool, it was 1985 ... he went to my local highschool where most of my friends went so I worked out he would be about 9 years older than me - very unlikely anyone I knew to know of him. But he is 12 years older, and was last at highschool at 20.

The red ones are quite small, there would only be one way to fit a body in those ones... So maybe he used the larger recycling bin, not realising that maybe the recycling pick-up was not that week. We know that bins get picked up on Mondays, but can anyone can confirm the week recycling is picked up in that area?

Thanks to SouthAussie who posted a link 2 pages back.

Important Dates

Garbage Collection

Weekly.
Next collection is on Monday, 26 Nov 2012
Recycling Collection

Alternating Weeks.
Next collection is on Monday, 03 Dec 2012
Green Waste Collection (user pay system)

Alternating Weeks.

I would imagine that it would be quite difficult to put a body in a wheelie bin without being seen if it was outside of someone's property. He knew that he had privacy with the PC address given that he clearly had access to the house and he simply could have emptied the rubbish out if it had anything in it. We don't know how long the tenants had been away from the house so it could have been empty for starters. Weekly bin collections or fortnightly??

Also if he took the body there on the Sunday he wouldn't have risked leaving it out for the Monday pick up and planned to go back on that day to out the bin out but as someone mentioned missed the collection. Why he didn't come up with another plan on the spot who knows unless of course his intent was to frame someone else therefore making the bin collection a mute point.

The yellow car is a bit of a sticking point. If it was his car then he would have known that it would have been linked to him, if so did he report it stolen to cover tracks? Or did the car belong to one of the tenants, however if that was the case and he was trying to frame someone surely he would have just left it at the house. Why strip and dump it besides the obvious of getting rid of his DNA. But to leave it on the side if a freeway out in the open is rather bizarre. Broke down maybe? Was that car even used to transport the body? Stripped by opportunists as opposed to SH given the wheels were taken?

So many questions.........

MOO

The Herald Sun yesterday revealed a yellow sedan had also provided a new clue in the murder probe.

Investigators set up a crime scene around a stripped-down yellow Ford sedan on the Western Hwy near Bacchus Marsh on Friday.

Neighbours in Point Cook said a man matching Hunter's appearance drove a yellow vehicle.
http://www.optuszoo.com.au/news/top/herald-sun/man-arrested-over-sarahs-death/846448

FONGEO DRIVE, POINT COOK

Important Dates
Garbage Collection

Weekly.

Recycling Collection

Alternating Weeks.
Next collection is on Monday, 03 Dec 2012

Green Waste Collection (user pay system)

Alternating Weeks.

I think it is probably safe to say he isn't the smartest crim on the block and no great planning or judgement went in to anything he did. Because my muderous clean up plan does not involve telling my workmates I killed someone and then making one of them help me set a car on fire. You'll find drug use addles the reasoning.

I noted the date on his FB he had for highschool, it was 1985 ... he went to my local highschool where most of my friends went so I worked out he would be about 9 years older than me - very unlikely anyone I knew to know of him. But he is 12 years older, and was last at highschool at 20.

Light globe moment - the date on his FB is prob BS to make out he's younger than real age. By his FB, birthday is Oct, 47 now, born 1965.
Last year at HS more likely 80/81.
JMO

https://www.facebook.com/steven.hunter.794

So, the theory of not putting bin out straight away, then unable to return to house to do so for Mon 12 ...AW returns home on or around Sat 17 ...you know the rest.

Yep, maybe he was aware of heat on him, maybe his state of mind interfered with carrying out the plan, if he had one...

He would have turned 23 in Oct 88, so if he finished school at end 1985, he was 20.

Yes, but I have a feeling he didn't finish school at the same age as everyone else, if you know what I mean! The reports from his sentencing in Feb '88 say he was 22, they would have obtained this age through the court processes which one would assume to be correct?

Just to clear a couple of things up:

The house is listed as sold date 23/10/2012, in my experience, that means that was the settlement date or day the new mortgage was lodged with the relevant department etc. We've recently bought a house in PC that hasn't settled yet and isn't appearing in the "recently sold" list, but others that are, I know the "sold date" is more likely the settlement date due to having been watching the listings for a while and when our house settles, I expect it will have a sold date of XX/11/2012. So, I would say, the new owners are only very new, the transaction has been completed and it fits with the description from neighbours that the tenants or occupiers have been in residence for 4-6 weeks.

With regards to the bins, our bins are Blue / 240L / Recycling, Yellow / 120L / General Waste - Red /240L / Green Waste - Not everyone would have a Red bin and most likely tenants wouldn't have one as it's an extra that needs to be paid for and i'm almost certain there would not have been a Red bin at Fongeo Drive due to the limited garden/yard space anyway. So that leaves the Blue/Recycling Bin and the Yellow/General Bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme