GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TWITTER
@AhronYoung

BREAKING: The man arrested over Sarah Cafferkey's murder has just arrived at St Kilda Rd Police station. He'll be interviewed shortly

Anyone want to lay odds on whether the press will get another 'off the record' briefing, the same as JM's case? If SH is charged damage control will go into overdrive. They will want the media on-side.

It isn't even 2 months yet since Jill was taken from her family.
This would be more of the same.:twocents:

If they think the public will get distracted and soothed this time by marches and candlelight vigils they have another thing coming.

I am so relieved they have arrested him, and i hope now he gets to sit on his own for a very long time and think about what an oxygen thief he is. The JM and SC cases have really made me wonder about so many other people walking around amongst us now and I hate that I have to feel paranoid :( I get that they want to give people a second chance etc etc but honestly I think once you do something so awful as killing someone you lose the right to liberty and you shouldn't be allowed to enter the community again.

Not strictly on topic (sorry!) but i found this a very interesting read for those wondering about the horrific ordeal the detectives must go through.

I've been thinking more about it since I met a man whose son is actually one of the top homicide squad detectives in Victoria and presided over the Jill Meagher case (and I imagine this case too).

http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-faces-in-the-unsolved-murder-files-20091009-gqug.html

Among the many victims of prolonged and unsolved murder investigations there is often one group that gets little recognition - detectives who work on the cases.

The pressure is well-known among senior hands in the Homicide Squad, particularly since the death of Detective Sergeant Steve Leach.

Mr Leach was one of the state's most experienced homicide investigators and worked on the Ivan Milat murders, the disappearance of Samantha Knight and spent two years walking through massacre sites and talking to survivors of the Balkans war during a secondment to the European War Crimes Tribunal in The Hague.

While on sick leave, Mr Leach walked into a weapons storeroom and shot himself dead.

At his funeral, Father Jim Boland spoke of how seeing the effects of evil and cruelty of the worst kind for so long had a cost.

I've done a lot of research over the years regarding the Balkans conflict (I was only a kid at the time, so didn't understand what was happening) and some of the stuff that went on there is absolutely terrifying and horrific. Racial cleansing in Europe, the likes of which we have not seen since WWII and systematic rape to dilute the Bosniaks, well, seeing it first hand would really alter one's opinions on life.

I've done a lot of research over the years regarding the Balkans conflict (I was only a kid at the time, so didn't understand what was happening) and some of the stuff that went on there is absolutely terrifying and horrific. Racial cleansing in Europe, the likes of which we have not seen since WWII and systematic rape to dilute the Bosniaks, well, seeing it first hand would really alter one's opinions on life.

And the Milat murders would haunt you for life. What that evil man did was unspeakable.

Well done Vic police and the Special Operations Group.

Best law enforcement in the world.

<modsnip>.

I am so relieved they have arrested him, and i hope now he gets to sit on his own for a very long time and think about what an oxygen thief he is. The JM and SC cases have really made me wonder about so many other people walking around amongst us now and I hate that I have to feel paranoid :( I get that they want to give people a second chance etc etc but honestly I think once you do something so awful as killing someone you lose the right to liberty and you shouldn't be allowed to enter the community again.

Some of these offenders need to be protected from themselves too. Even with the best intentions for rehab it isn't always possible.
For whatever reason, something goes wrong with the wiring. They look normal, usually act normal, but everything is not as it seems.
Add alcohol and/or substances and another tragedy isn't far away. Whatever human rights they are entitled to, the right of innocent people to be safe overrides it every time.:twocents:

OK so someone was HELPING HIM? I hope they managed to convince him to turn himself in.

Could be an acquaintance who had no idea SH was a suspect, but who then tipped LE off when SH's name was formally released to the media.

Well done LE! Very glad to hear this has been caught. May justice be swiftly served.

I also hope his' innocent puppy dog is being looked after...

Would suicide really be the easy way out for a suspect in Australia? Seems like prison, and the sentences given out, are not so difficult there

Media saying he's from BM -

Police have arrested a man this afternoon over the killing of Sarah Cafferkey.

They confirmed the 47-year-old Bacchus Marsh man was arrested at 12.30pm in Hawthorn with the assistance of the Special Operations Group.

He was arrested at a home near the corner of Riversdale Road and Munro Street.

(map in article, says Hawthorn East, not far from Monash freeway)

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...rkeys-death-20121120-29ncs.html#ixzz2CjDHewho

I never thought he lived at the Fongeo Dve place, just that he visited there. He kept checking into his place in 'da' marsh, which I assumed was his home.

Seems there is someone by the name of Hunter who lives in Riversdale Road, a few doors down from Munro Street. May not be any connection at all but interesting just the same. SH surely wouldn't be so stupid as to hide out with a relative with the same surname would he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member