GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
HAL9000 Well said. Thanks for your helpful post. Mainstream debate of the parole system's management of dangerous prisoners is overdue.
Agree power to the Cafferkey family. :rocker:

The convicted killer who murdered Victorian woman Sarah Cafferkey has had his court hearing postponed while his defence waits for a report to establish his level of remorse.

Mr Marsh said the hearing could not proceed until the "presence and extent" of Hunter's remorse for his crime was established.

Justice Kevin Bell adjourned the hearing, which was to have been held on Wednesday, until August 12.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/06/25/14/05/court-waits-on-cafferkey-killer-s-remorse

Am I the only one who thinks "remorse" as a factor in sentencing violent, calculating criminals like Hunter and Bayley is an exercise in the ridiculous?! Of course they're going to maintain how sorry they are for what they've done after the fact and feign a few tears with the knowledge that it could reduce their sentence by years providing some gullible judge swallows it.

Am I the only one who thinks "remorse" as a factor in sentencing violent, calculating criminals like Hunter and Bayley is an exercise in the ridiculous?! Of course they're going to maintain how sorry they are for what they've done after the fact and feign a few tears with the knowledge that it could reduce their sentence by years providing some gullible judge swallows it.

No, you're not the only one!

IMO - remorse is not admitting you committed a crime under police interrogation. By this time, chances are you have covered your tracks, tried to hide evidence.

The convicted killer who murdered Victorian woman Sarah Cafferkey has had his court hearing postponed while his defence waits for a report to establish his level of remorse.

Mr Marsh said the hearing could not proceed until the "presence and extent" of Hunter's remorse for his crime was established.

Justice Kevin Bell adjourned the hearing, which was to have been held on Wednesday, until August 12.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/06/25/14/05/court-waits-on-cafferkey-killer-s-remorse

no you're not alone. IMO remorse is a crock of S..t and used by crims to get a lesser sentence.

It's a miserable state of affairs when so many of our young women have to die in terror and pain, and a murder victim's family has to take legal recourse against the people who are meant to serve our best interests, before the issue of repeat violent offenders gets a chance of being reviewed.

"Concerns about the efficiency of the state’s parole system were first raised when the Herald Sun disclosed a year ago that a confidential police report had found that 11 Victorians had been murdered by parolees in less than 2 years."

It's -great- news that somebody's FINALLY "concerned" but sad too, due to the price those victims and their families have paid so the rest of us can benefit.

It shouldn't have been necessary, none of it. Common sense dictates that a change was needed..

And omg - "remorse". As if. What an incredible load of crock, it shouldn't even factor one iota into any sentencing decision!

Murder victim Sarah Cafferkey's mother Noelle nominated for Pride of Australia

ERIN MARIE
HERALD SUN
JUNE 30, 2013 10:39PM

Ms Dickson's experience has propelled her into campaigning, starting with a landmark legal assault against the State Government over criminals who kill while out on parole.

Ms Dickson has partnered with 15 other families who have lost a relative in the past 26 years to a parolee and are hoping to rewrite history for a safer Victoria.

"The Government has to be held accountable. We want a Serious Offenders Parole Board who will apply the strictest assessment to those high-risk repeat offenders who are eligible for parole," Ms Dickson said.
http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-...ide-of-australia/story-fni0ffnk-1226672248600

July 29, 2013

Earlier on Monday, Victorian Coroner Judge Ian Gray confirmed there would be an inquest into the death of Sarah Cafferkey, who was last year stabbed to death by a man previously jailed for murder.

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/br...-after-psych-ward-release-20130729-2qu15.html

The above report is mainly about yet another who murdered while on parole.

A Victorian man who killed his partner while on parole was released from a psychiatric ward just a week before her death

Finally, the drug connection is proven.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...d-for-first-time/story-fni0ffnk-1226695458183

My last word on this: The ex-boyfriend is indirectly responsible for her death. He introduced them and I am willing to bet my last dollar he told Sarah that SH called her a junkie which led to the fatal argument. He was also calling her that when he was abusing her on facebook. I hope he knows that some of her blood is on his hands.

That's all.

Finally, the drug connection is proven.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...d-for-first-time/story-fni0ffnk-1226695458183

My last word on this: The ex-boyfriend is indirectly responsible for her death. He introduced them and I am willing to bet my last dollar he told Sarah that SH called her a junkie which led to the fatal argument. He was also calling her that when he was abusing her on facebook. I hope he knows that some of her blood is on his hands.

That's all.

^^Harsh IMO...

Well it's not my last word, maybe this is...

Yes it is harsh, but he introduced her to drugs, he introduced her to Hunter, he tormented her (roof of family home, anyone?); he was the catalyst. You only have to look at his facebook profile to see the type of person he is (photos with ice pipes, druggie friends etc.) and then you wonder, if she hadn't lowered herself to this guy's standards, she'd still be here.

I hope this makes kids think twice about who they associate with. You lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas or possibly not wake up at all.

Well it's not my last word, maybe this is...

Yes it is harsh, but he introduced her to drugs, he introduced her to Hunter, he tormented her (roof of family home, anyone?); he was the catalyst. You only have to look at his facebook profile to see the type of person he is (photos with ice pipes, druggie friends etc.) and then you wonder, if she hadn't lowered herself to this guy's standards, she'd still be here.

I hope this makes kids think twice about who they associate with. You lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas or possibly not wake up at all.

Im going to assume by your post's that you knew SC personally, to know that CS introduced her to a life of drugs, bad decisions, wrong people and generally just a lower degradation of life.

I can not talk from personally knowing either SC or CS, however, I know a lot of people that have taken a walk in the wrong direction of life, been influenced by a bf/gf.. completely went bat **** crazy after breaking up with someone, was emotional said lots of hurtful things, dabbled in drugs and alcohol but a lot of those people come out the other side with a lesson learnt and no harm done.
Sorry, all just my opinion only, I am not one for laying blame on anyone other than the person that committed the crime. Sooner we start blaming other people's influences, or even other factors that could be seen contributing to a life style choice, the sooner we remove all responsibility of ones self.

SH is 100% purely to blame for SC murder. CS was a bad influence in her life, but he certainly does not have her blood on his hands.
IMO

I wonder why the first injury was from a hammer? People have them of course but the first tool of violence is odd. Mine is somewhere but if I had to defend myself it wouldn't be probable.

Media reports that she did not like being called a junkie. It does not mean she was for a fact. I have one push button and it is something that I am not and never will be. He pushed a button, she reacted and he reacted with a hammer.

I wonder why the first injury was from a hammer? People have them of course but the first tool of violence is odd. Mine is somewhere but if I had to defend myself it wouldn't be probable.

Media reports that she did not like being called a junkie. It does not mean she was for a fact. I have one push button and it is something that I am not and never will be. He pushed a button, she reacted and he reacted with a hammer.

he had only finished his parole a mere 9 days beforehand. under parole conditions, he might not have been able to have weapons around the home. having a long pipe or something of that nature could be construed as a weapon, thus deemed a violation of his parole. so he instead keeps a hammer on hand if things got out of hand, as a weapon. you can always excuse away a hammer by arguing you were doing some repairs around the home and the hammer was just left there.

i seem to recall mention in msm that hunter was a known user/dealer. having the history he had and knowing the people he would have known, plus being a user/dealer, means he anticipated that he might need a weapon at some point- so the hammer it was.

this would explain why her injuries were from a hammer. i am not sure if this is the case, though it sounds plausible. he hardly would have went to the garage to fetch a hammer to come back and become violent.

Hammer for crushing up pills/rock for snorting maybe? Somehow I cant really imagine a knucklehead like Hunter with a mortar and pessel.

Absurd to think someone can brutally kill even once, let alone twice, and still be thinking they are somehow entitled to one day walk free. What a pathetic, wishy-washy mockery of a justice system we have. Hardly surprising people take the law into their own hands.

Absurd to think someone can brutally kill even once, let alone twice, and still be thinking they are somehow entitled to one day walk free. What a pathetic, wishy-washy mockery of a justice system we have. Hardly surprising people take the law into their own hands.[/QUOTE]

Very well said! Our justice system is a total joke and the Crims are really having the last laugh - at the rest of us!

I feel that the 'Justice System' does not understand the neurobiology of people. Offenders of violent crimes derive some sort of satisfaction which can not be changed EVER unless they want to change. To begin the change you have to admit your oddity. They must know they are different.

I do not know how to fix anything but adding my 2cents.

It is only the killer's word that says there was an argument, and that Sarah thought he had referred to her as a junkie and had hit him. To me this is just a story to somehow diminish his full responsibility. Poor Sarah cannot talk for herself and whatever he says happened matters not, as he killed her and interfered with her body to such an extent that her mother and family were not allowed to see her. He needs to die in jail.

"THE evil killer who murdered Sarah Cafferkey just days after his parole ended will today learn if he will die in jail.

Steven James Hunter will appear in the Supreme Court at 10.15am to be sentenced over Ms Cafferkey's brutal killing.

Prosecutors have called for Hunter, 47, to be sentenced to a term of life without parole.

They say that because Hunter has now been convicted of two murders, he should die in prison."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-sentenced-today/story-fni0fee2-1226701046274

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back