Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[h=1]Family and friends remember Sharon's life[/h] Caitlan Charles | 11th Mar 2017 6:28 PM

SHARON Margaret Edwards was remembered by her family and friends as a devoted mother, sister, aunty, daughter, wife, cousin, friend, teacher and college at her memorial service on Saturday afternoon.
The mood was sombre as more than 150 people filled the Christ Church Cathedral in Grafton to say goodbye to Mrs Edwards.
The memorial service was an opportunity for Mrs Edwards sons, Eli, Josh and Zac, her family and friends to say goodbye to Mrs Edwards after she went missing two years ago.
Friend Rex Green described Mrs Edwards as a fun loving woman who brought joy into the lives of everyone around her.
"Of all the amazing things Sharon did, her greatest achievement of all was mother two her three boys, the loves of her life," Mr Green said.
"Sharon always gre up saying she only wanted boys, well she got three of them, Josh, Eli and Zac, she loved them and they loved her.
"Sharon was a dedicated and loving mother and would tell just about anyone how proud she was of her boys."

Mrs Edwards estranged husband, John, who has been named by police as a suspect in her disappearance, was not at the funeral.

https://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/family-and-friends-remember-sharons-life/3153708/

[h=1]Family and friends remember Sharon's life[/h] Caitlan Charles | 11th Mar 2017 6:28 PM

SHARON Margaret Edwards was remembered by her family and friends as a devoted mother, sister, aunty, daughter, wife, cousin, friend, teacher and college at her memorial service on Saturday afternoon.
The mood was sombre as more than 150 people filled the Christ Church Cathedral in Grafton to say goodbye to Mrs Edwards.
The memorial service was an opportunity for Mrs Edwards sons, Eli, Josh and Zac, her family and friends to say goodbye to Mrs Edwards after she went missing two years ago.
Friend Rex Green described Mrs Edwards as a fun loving woman who brought joy into the lives of everyone around her.
"Of all the amazing things Sharon did, her greatest achievement of all was mother two her three boys, the loves of her life," Mr Green said.
"Sharon always gre up saying she only wanted boys, well she got three of them, Josh, Eli and Zac, she loved them and they loved her.
"Sharon was a dedicated and loving mother and would tell just about anyone how proud she was of her boys."

Mrs Edwards estranged husband, John, who has been named by police as a suspect in her disappearance, was not at the funeral.

https://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/family-and-friends-remember-sharons-life/3153708/

Obviously Sharon's three sons probably told John they did not want him to attend.

Family and friends remember Sharon's life

Caitlan Charles | 11th Mar 2017 6:28 PM

Very telling :thinking:

[h=1]Sharon Edwards' case is still 'very much active'[/h] 15th Mar 2017 5:00 AM

On March 14, 2015, Mrs Edwards played tennis at the Grafton City Tennis Club, stayed around for a few drinks and then went to dinner with a friend at the Good Intent Hotel in South Grafton.
Her estranged husband John Edwards was also there, and last year it was revealed the couple may have argued when they met at her Grafton home about 10.30pm that night.

Forensic analysis of mobile phone data showed her phone migrated to the Lawrence area, where Mr and Mrs Edwards owned a house together, and where Mr Edwards still resides.
Police said there was no reason for her phone to be in that area that evening, and Mrs Edwards' handbag, mobile phone and wallet have still not been found.
"That is an active line of inquiry and it remains so with the advancement of technologies," Det Insp Jameson said.
"This matter won't go away."

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/sharon-edwards-case-is-still-very-much-active/3154645/

:bump:

Is that it!?!

Gone and forgotten?

This is wrong wrong wrong on every level.
Husband moves on, his girlfriend drives Sharon's car, Sharon's sons live on....whatabout Sharon?
I'm wondering if the same will happen about Karen Restevski murder.

Very sad.

:bump:

Is that it!?!

Gone and forgotten?

This is wrong wrong wrong on every level.
Husband moves on, his girlfriend drives Sharon's car, Sharon's sons live on....whatabout Sharon?
I'm wondering if the same will happen about Karen Restevski murder.

Very sad.
I believe in the tenacity of NSW Police. They won't give up. If anyone can gather the evidence needed to convict it's them.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I wonder if we will hear anything soon about this case. I don't know how he lives with himself

Does anyone know of any cases where police have charged the prime suspect even without a body?

Does anyone know of any cases where police have charged the prime suspect even without a body?

A few victims - Bruce Schuler from cairns, Peter Falconio, Julie Hutchins husband recently found guilty manslaughter no body.
I hope this is what you meant as I am jumping into this late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've searched for info regarding a reward. Maybe it's time to increase it whatever it is.
Things happen over time, say if Johnno broke up with the GF, maybe she'll blab what she knows for a pretty penny.

John Edwards, 58, as a suspect in her disappearance, which detectives are treating as a homicide despite her body not being found.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/22a4d6d84e7920838415c73c64b48c65

Just read it all. Most likely missed this bit, but what happened between Sharon and boyfriend arriving home to find the ex and then something ? Did she drop the boyfriend somewhere is they both go in ? I read police were interested in conversation that night between the two I think it said but what did I miss between ? Thanks in advance

Just read it all. Most likely missed this bit, but what happened between Sharon and boyfriend arriving home to find the ex and then something ? Did she drop the boyfriend somewhere is they both go in ? I read police were interested in conversation that night between the two I think it said but what did I miss between ? Thanks in advance

Hope this helps a little. IIRC Sharon was dropped off by the b/f after seeing JE's vehicle there.
--------------

Mrs Edwards was recorded on CCTV cameras leaving the Good Intent Hotel in Grafton about 10pm. Police have not previously spoken of the meeting between the estranged couple that occurred 30 minutes later.

He said Mr Edwards was a “significant interest” and police were “still trying to rule out aspects in or out”.
However, he added they were keeping an “open mind” about what happened.
Mrs Edwards’ car was parked at her Grafton home but police said they believe she made it to Lawrence, which is about 30km away and where her husband lives, early on March 15.
Police used mobile phone data to track her movements, and are at a loss to explain why she would have been in the Lawrence area. This was her last known location and it was for this reason the case was being treated as a homicide and not a missing person’s case, Det Insp Jameson said.
“There is no reason for her to disappear, she was having a very good time on that night.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...t/news-story/bd87a72e883bd3ad1e666d1aa707c5c5

Hope this helps a little. IIRC Sharon was dropped off by the b/f after seeing JE's vehicle there.
--------------

Mrs Edwards was recorded on CCTV cameras leaving the Good Intent Hotel in Grafton about 10pm. Police have not previously spoken of the meeting between the estranged couple that occurred 30 minutes later.

He said Mr Edwards was a “significant interest” and police were “still trying to rule out aspects in or out”.
However, he added they were keeping an “open mind” about what happened.
Mrs Edwards’ car was parked at her Grafton home but police said they believe she made it to Lawrence, which is about 30km away and where her husband lives, early on March 15.
Police used mobile phone data to track her movements, and are at a loss to explain why she would have been in the Lawrence area. This was her last known location and it was for this reason the case was being treated as a homicide and not a missing person’s case, Det Insp Jameson said.
“There is no reason for her to disappear, she was having a very good time on that night.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...t/news-story/bd87a72e883bd3ad1e666d1aa707c5c5

Thank you so much I see now how I got myself confused. You covered both questions :) Hope for answers for her sons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals
Back