Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
GAWD - guilty of a firearm charge or no firearm charge - in the big picture your wife (30 + years) with whom you have had 3 strapping gorgeous devoted sons is missing; you don't hide in the garage and shy away from the media and pretend they are hounding you. Sheesh - you scream from every height that you want your wife back and ask them to pace the streets with you and do a letterbox drop.....set up new posts on a FB page and use those 'pesky' reporters to your advantage to gain any inroads into finding her you can. This is how missing people sometimes come home.... you don't shy away from possible sensationalism. YOU USE IT!

Unless you are GBC or John Edwards it seems .....

SBM, BBM:

At the time of his wife's disappearance, the couple were estranged, although John was staying with Mrs Edwards at their Riverdale Court address.
John said on the night of Mrs Edwards' disappearance he had told her he would stay at Lawrence, where the couple has a property.

So she and her husband are estranged, but they're still living together at the home on Riverdale Court.

Except for the night she went missing of course. That night, he conveniently told her he would be staying at their other address in Lawrence, which serves as a very convenient (albeit sketchy) alibi for where he was that night... .

Or it would be convenient, except they've managed to track her movements to Lawrence that night after she got home from her date with her boyfriend. I mean, her CAR didn't go to Lawrence. You know. Just her. Magically somehow from her shared home with her husband to Lawrence where her husband has already said they should expect to find out he was.

So he was staying in the regular house with her, which explains why they might find evidence of him in that home.

And he was staying in Lawrence that night, which explains why they might find that he had been in that town overnight.

So he explained why they'd find evidence of him at both locations.

Which indicates he WAS at both locations.

And so was she.

Except she's missing now, and he's hiding from MSM.

Huh, how about that.

GAWD - guilty of a firearm charge or no firearm charge - in the big picture your wife (30 + years) with whom you have had 3 strapping gorgeous devoted sons is missing; you don't hide in the garage and shy away from the media and pretend they are hounding you. Sheesh - you scream from every height that you want your wife back and ask them to pace the streets with you and do a letterbox drop.....set up new posts on a FB page and use those 'pesky' reporters to your advantage to gain any inroads into finding her you can. This is how missing people sometimes come home.... you don't shy away from possible sensationalism. YOU USE IT!

But I think the media is probably hounding him and treating him like they know he is guilty already. And let's face it, ACA isn't exactly reknowned for its polished pieces and seems to relish almost chasing down their targets. I was uncomfortable watching that piece, and it wasn't really because of anything JE said or did. Trying to escape or hide from journalists is not the same as trying to get away from police - he's within his rights to close a door in their faces.

In an unrelated observation, did you ever notice sometimes LE arrests someone for something unrelated to a larger crime that's going on in the person's life, and then while that person is in jail for the lesser offense LE comes up with enough evidence to charge them for something larger?

I've noticed that too.

But totally has nothing to do with this case.

:thinking:

In an unrelated observation, did you ever notice sometimes LE arrests someone for something unrelated to a larger crime that's going on in the person's life, and then while that person is in jail for the lesser offense LE comes up with enough evidence to charge them for something larger?

I've noticed that too.

But totally has nothing to do with this case.

:thinking:

This happened with a missing woman by the name of Novy Chardon in Queensland, her husband is in jail now on another matter.

John Chardon appeals child sex convictions - Brisbane Times
www.brisbanetimes.com.au/.../john-chardon-appeals-child-sex-convictions-...
Feb 17, 2015 - An appeal against John Chardon's child sex convictions began in the ... Chardon, 67, was sentenced to six years' imprisonment last August ...

Do we know why JE says he went to her house at 9am. That's very early for a Sunday particularly if he saw Sharon around 11pm the night before. Perhaps he needed a reason to go back to do something or get something so was open about being there at 9 am in case he was seen.

Some electronic equipment has been removed from the house by investigators.

Police are digging in garden beds and the dog will search around the home in a quiet suburban street.

Police believe her last location before disappearing may have been at Lawrence.

probable that her movements or last known location was the Lawrence area in the early hours of Sunday morning.”

Det-Insp Jameson revealed Mr Edwards approached police and “advised us that he was in possession of a number of firearms”.

Det-Insp Jameson said police maintained regular contact with Mrs Edwards’ three sons.

https://au.newshub.org/john-edwards...ards-faces-court-firearms-charg-15996494.html

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ty-in-search-for-missing-woman-sharon-edwards

A home belonging to the former husband of a NSW woman who went missing is being searched by cadaver dogs.

Forensics officers are scouring a property belonging to John Edwards, whose estranged wife Sharon Edwards went missing from Grafton in March.

It comes as Mr Edwards faced Grafton Local Court today on six unrelated firearms charges.

The Daily Telegraph reports a separate search would also take place at the couple’s home in the nearby town of Lawrence.

Mr Edwards has not been named by police as a suspect.

But I think the media is probably hounding him and treating him like they know he is guilty already. And let's face it, ACA isn't exactly reknowned for its polished pieces and seems to relish almost chasing down their targets. I was uncomfortable watching that piece, and it wasn't really because of anything JE said or did. Trying to escape or hide from journalists is not the same as trying to get away from police - he's within his rights to close a door in their faces.

Agree. I hate the filthy trash that passes for "journalism" in Australia. Doesn't really change how I feel about this case, but the msm rarely make themselves look much good here.

Crime scene warrants were executed at the Grafton and Lawrence homes owned by the Edwards.

“This is a long drawn out inquiry involving a lot of resources,” he said.

“Investigators have been joined by officers from the Forensic Services Group and also a cadaver dog from the State Protection Group.

“We continue our search for not only evidence and clues but also Mrs Edwards.”

“At this stage it’s too early confirm or deny any suspects. We are a long way away from making any determination.”

Both homes will be “thoroughly re-searched” looking for clues into Mrs Edwards’ last movements.

https://au.newshub.org/john-edwards...ards-faces-court-firearms-charg-15996494.html

BBM: Crime scene warrants were executed which indicates that police had enough grounds to obtain the warrants. Warrants aren't handed out willy-nilly.

Now both homes (and hopefully also the block of land at Lawrence) are being re-searched. According to MSM The Edward's properties were searched when Sharon was first reported missing but not to the extent that they are being searched this time. The properties are now being treated as crime scenes.

Agree. I hate the filthy trash that passes for "journalism" in Australia. Doesn't really change how I feel about this case, but the msm rarely make themselves look much good here.

Agree. Even their headline for the story "Missing Granny" is IMO unnecessary and disrespectful of Sharon and her family.

2GB radio said John Edwards IS 100% poi and 2 locations are crime scenes. JE also told the police about the several firearms which were found hidden in locations such as under a bridge and in the bush.
The further comments were that the three children did not know the couple was estranged.

My thoughts are the paint job has possibly covered blood splatters.
WHY DID THE POLICE TAKE SO LONG??

Detective Inspector Darren Jameson said a cadaver dog was on the scene when the properties were searched.

"We've been assisted by the forensic services group and also the state detection group cadaver dog, who has attended the location," he said.

"Those examinations of those scenes are still ongoing."

He said the raids were the result of new information from the public.

"We've had a fair bit of information coming in from the public, and we'll keep on working through that information," he said.

"That new information has necessitated these two crime scene warrants to be executed at the premises."

BBM.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...6406770?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

2GB radio said John Edwards IS 100% poi and 2 locations are crime scenes. JE also told the police about the several firearms which were found hidden in locations such as under a bridge and in the bush.

but why? It isn't exactly likely the police would have found those unless the bush/bridge are on/near his property. Who hides/stores a weapon (knife or gun) under a bridge anyway?

My thoughts are the paint job has possibly covered blood splatters.
WHY DID THE POLICE TAKE SO LONG??

I don't think paint would cover/hide it. Perhaps if he used turps/bleach to remove the old point that might destroy any possible evidence.

Agree. Even their headline for the story "Missing Granny" is IMO unnecessary and disrespectful of Sharon and her family.

Like the disgusting one used when Stephanie Scott first went missing. It's inexcusable to use people's lives as tawdry entertainment.

So he thought he needed a bit of an image overhaul for court? Interesting....

but why? It isn't exactly likely the police would have found those unless the bush/bridge are on/near his property. Who hides/stores a weapon (knife or gun) under a bridge anyway?

I don't think paint would cover/hide it. Perhaps if he used turps/bleach to remove the old point that might destroy any possible evidence.

According to 2GB he disclosed the firearms' whereabouts, some registered, some not.

One month on with rain and weather surely that might wash SOME evidence away in the garden. I'm sure paint might cover droplets of blood, don't you?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr
Back