Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mr Edwards - who has to report to police three times a week and surrender his passport under bail conditions - was allegedly in possession of four firearms that were not registered, three of them prohibited firearms.

The weapons included an Orava brand .22 calibre bolt action rifle with shortened barrel, a Stirling brand .22 calibre semi-automatic rifle with shortened barrel, a Bentley 12-guage pump action shotgun and Winchester 12-guage pump action shotgun.

He was also charged with possessing ammunition without a permit.

Mr Edwards, a popular former primary school teacher, has kept a low profile since his wife disappeared on March 14, last seen on CCTV cameras as she left the Good Intent Hotel.

BBM:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...firearms-charges/story-fni0cx4q-1227311735022

https://au.newshub.org/john-edwards...ards-faces-court-firearms-charg-15996494.html

BBM -

"Police have conducted forensic testing and fingerprint dusting of the homes and cars belonging to Mr and Mrs Edwards, who were married for more than 30 years." That's a long time. Just found it interesting. Also the wording "were married" really drives home to me for the first time that this is a murder investigation, seeing as how they never did get a divorce regardless of being estranged. The thing ending the marriage, hence the past tense, is her death. :(

"Police have conducted full-scale searches in Grafton, Lawrence and the Clarence River and Mrs Edwards’ handbag, mobile phone and wallet have not been located."

I didn't realize there had been a river search. That's good. Interesting that her purse, cell, and wallet are all missing.. seems to always be the case doesn't it? I think (and hope) they're closer to answers than they let on.

Interesting who did not show up to give JE support! Not even one person other than his lawyer.

What's with all the guns?. I wonder if he admitted to having these illegal guns, as a way of saying " look how honest I am giving you this information when I could have not told you as you wouldn't have likely found them. I am trustworthy too when I tell you I don't know where my estranged wife is!"

Admitting to a lesser crime to take the heat off a greater one has been known to happen.

Alternatively he thought they would find them in their searches so fessed up in advance.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-t...omes-in-grafton-lawrence-20150420-1mpetb.html

"Investigators, including forensic officers and the dog squad, returned to her home in Grafton on the NSW north coast on Monday with a crime scene warrant.

Police also went back to the nearby suburb of Lawrence, where Ms Edwards and her husband, John, still own their family home on Neill St."

<snip>

"Detectives say she was last seen alive at her Grafton home that night and have traced her last known whereabouts to the Lawrence area in the early hours of March 15."

<snip>

"Son [E.E.] said his father saw Ms Edwards early on Saturday night at their Grafton home.

He then went back to Lawrence and said he didn't see Ms Edwards there, [E.E.] said.

When his father went to see her at the Grafton house on the Sunday morning, her car was there, but her phone and bag were gone."

Interesting who did not show up to give JE support! Not even one person other than his lawyer.

What's with all the guns?. I wonder if he admitted to having these illegal guns, as a way of saying " look how honest I am giving you this information when I could have not told you as you wouldn't have likely found them. I am trustworthy too when I tell you I don't know where my estranged wife is!"

Admitting to a lesser crime to take the heat off a greater one has been known to happen.

Alternatively he thought they would find them in their searches so fessed up in advance.

OK - this is more than I need to feel pretty certain that JE is harbouring ill feelings towards his wife. The fact that Sharon is seeing other people and JE is still hanging round pretending to be the all important husband, says more for Sharon's empathy and thoughtfulness of leaving her husband of many years than JE's proclamation's of how his wife was the best. (Actions speak louder than words)

Interesting that there is a clue to a possible murder weapon so early in this case. What did JE use these guns for? Was he a collector? They don't seem like ordinary firearms for protection but quite purposeful machines used for hunting etc. (I don't know a thing about weapons so this is pure conjecture on my part!) Did he have a current gun licence? Are we able to find out? Was he a hunter? What's the deal with the illegal ammunition?

If the body of SE is ever found, it might be useful to cross check with these guns, although I tend to think he has disposed of the weapon with the body or far from the body. Cadaver dogs on JE's Neill St. Lawrence property.... did JE think there were intruders at his home that night that Sharon conveniently visited him after going to the pub with her friends and coming home by taxi after a few drinks! Then she decided to change her clothes at home, maybe to hop into her nighty because she had school coming up or get into comfy clothes to drive with her hubby to Lawrence? Umm what exactly was she wearing for the trip to Lawrence? Gosh it isn't looking pretty for JE. To me I think SE was lured by JE to that Lawrence residence and killed there, her body was then moved - so I am thinking the cadaver dogs are looking for a trail rather than a body?

Lets hope that Cadaver dogs have the scent of Sharon on the Lawrence property or at her home so the can trace her movements!

I've never known a person to own a sawn off shotgun for innocent purposes. They are not for hunting.

Why would he need 2?

As for him admitting to police that he had them, my guess would be it went something like this.

Officer - if there is anything here and you don't tell us before we find it, it will look very bad for you.
JE - ok, I have some unregistered firearms hidden in various places.

My understanding is that none of JE's guns were registered and he didn't hold a shooter's licence. The only reason to saw off the barrel of a shotgun is to make it easier to conceal and it's firing capacity is not as accurate as a full barrel shotgun. A sawn off shotgun would also be used for close range shooting.

I personally don't think Sharon chose to go to the Lawrence house at all that night, well not alive anyway. I do think her phone did though. I think the police have found that her phone pinged in the Lawrence area. I don't believe that she was shot. The sound of a gunshot would have alerted people for miles around. They may not necessarily have contacted police that night but I'm sure someone would have mentioned it to the police during the recent investigation. Then again, maybe someone has and it's been kept quiet for now.

I'm still leaning towards Sharon's body being weighted down and thrown in the Clarence River. The Clarence River is a huge river system with many tributaries and apart from the Murray River, it is the largest river in Australia. After heavy rainfall the Clarence River can flood, raising its levels dramatically. I've seen it flood many times and it really is an awesome sight. The power of that water is amazing. By contrast and in fine weather the Clarence usually meanders slowly along toward its mouth at Yamba, emptying into Pacific Ocean. There hasn't been any significant rainfall in the Grafton area of late so there won't be any major stirring up of the river in the immediate future.

Sawed off shotgun(s)? Really?

Unregistered, unlicensed no less...

Was he officially listed as POI? I don't want to overstate my opinion against forum rules... then again anyone reading this post already read the thread and probably is thinking the same thing I am, so no need.

Where did the perp put her body is the only unknown now IMO.

ETA: this is the first time I've actually wondered if he had a silencer. Heck, Israel Keyes made his own and anyone who can google can probably find out how.

Are the storms hitting the Grafton area? There is a lot of rain around, I wonder if that could have an impact on finding her if Sharon is in the river.

Are the storms hitting the Grafton area? There is a lot of rain around, I wonder if that could have an impact on finding her if Sharon is in the river.

No Fruity. Clear skies in the Grafton area.

I checked weather bom just now & that area is clear unless the storms have left.
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR713.loop.shtml

In an early post I suggested Sharon could have been put over the bridge into the Clarence River and I was shot down in flames. (This case has too many similarities of Allison B-C)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 116
Sounds like a wholly valid location to me IMO. They did search the river there though. Are there any plans to go back and search again or have they left that line of thought alone after doing it once, I wonder?

(edited to add: I do realize it takes some time for a body to float. It's fall there now.. not sure how water temp will affect time-to-float but I know others here know this info like the back of their hand. I believe that would've occurred by now though. Perhaps another search is in order?)

Shark caught in Clarence River
4th Mar 2011

This week Aaron landed one bull shark and was busted off seven or eight times in the past week by what he also believed were bull sharks.

Aaron was fishing with light gear on the southern side of the Grafton Bridge.
http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/shark-caught-in-river-clarence-grafton/785251/

THE CLARENCE estuary is teeming with sharks.
http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/uncovering-the-secret-life-of-sharks/1273720/

Yes it is. It's their breeding ground.

Yes it is. It's their breeding ground.

Is that common knowledge such that a person of murderous mindset might choose to take advantage of that particular route of disposal, do you suppose?

(I'm so thankful for all the relative locals! Surely more so than me in NY, USA!)

Is that common knowledge such that a person of murderous mindset might choose to take advantage of that particular route of disposal, do you suppose?

(I'm so thankful for all the relative locals! Surely more so than me in NY, USA!)

Yes it is GGE. There is an Aussie saying "Feed him to the sharks." And it has happened many, many times in Australia, more so with underworld and gangland murders etc. That saying has also become a bit of a colloquialism and when said in jest it simply means, get rid of that idiot, he's a waste of space.

Sharon Edward's body really could be anywhere. There is a lot of bushland surrounding Grafton and Lawrence and she could be out there somewhere in a shallow or not so shallow grave. I'm leaning more to Sharon being dumped in the Clarence River for the obvious reason of a shark attack removing any evidence of her. I don't know if JE owns a boat but even a small tinny would be enough to motor up or down river to dispose of a body.

Yes it is GGE. There is an Aussie saying "Feed him to the sharks." And it has happened many, many times in Australia, more so with underworld and gangland murders etc. That saying has also become a bit of a colloquialism and when said in jest it simply means, get rid of that idiot, he's a waste of space.

Sharon Edward's body really could be anywhere. There is a lot of bushland surrounding Grafton and Lawrence and she could be out there somewhere in a shallow or not so shallow grave. I'm leaning more to Sharon being dumped in the Clarence River for the obvious reason of a shark attack removing any evidence of her. I don't know if JE owns a boat but even a small tinny would be enough to motor up or down river to dispose of a body.

Would it be impossible or unlikely to just toss someone off the bridge and into the water below? I have no point of reference for how visible that would be, just was thinking that if the bridge is out in the middle of nowhere then someone could just stop in the middle of the night and do that I would think...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr
Back