Australia Australia - Siriyakorn 'Bung' Siriboon, 13, Boronia, Vic, 2 June 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
her poor mum's expression is heartbreaking
my DD is the same age bung is (or would be) and i cannot imagine the pain this family is going through...
where are you bung?

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

On the fifth anniversary of her disappearance, police have revealed new information about a possible third sighting of a teenager who vanished while walking to school.

Boronia teenager Bung Siriboon was last seen by a neighbour just after 8.30am in Rowville, Melbourne's south-east on June 2, 2011, and detectives previously stated there was one other sighting on the morning of her disappearance.

However, police have released images of a 1971-1973 Holden HQ Kingswood station wagon believed to be similar to one reportedly driven by a man in his late 30s with neck and sleeve tattoos.

They have been told an Asian female teenager similar to Bung's appearance was in the front passenger seat on the day she vanished.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...owville-Melbourne-Victoria.html#ixzz4AN7bjLTM
34D5A09800000578-3620706-image-a-7_1464819548442.jpg

Trully don't know what to think or feel ATM....

Today the arrested a 73 year old in connection with the cold case of Kylie Maybury. They released an image of the car they believed connected to her case....an early 1970 Holden station wagon.... The image is identical to the car in the article put out for Bungs 5th year anniversary.....BUT WAIT.....that was not the car they put out in her 3rd year anniversary article.

In 2013 we were told the vehicle was 1988 - 1996 model.... now in 2016 it's a 1971 - 1973 model.

AND now one week later we have this 73 year old being arrested ..... I'm thinking the new info (2016) on the car being a 1971-73 model has triggered something...

IS he Bungs abductor???...

Something very strange is definitely going on.

Pic of the car released in the herald sun article for Bung 3rd year anniversary of her disappearance:

bung car police.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/detectives-investigate-possible-sighting-of-missing-melbourne-schoolgirl-siriyakorn-bung-siriboon/story-fni0fee2-1226939404746

I saw a version of that recent article tonight, I can't find it again, but below the description of the man said to have been seen with Bung in a white station wagon, there was a photograph of the stepfather looking very much like the description, showing at least one arm heavily sleeved in tattoos.

'Detective Inspector Potter said police were not placing any weight on either sighting, because ‘‘the only confirmed sighting ... was by a neighbour in Elsie Street’’ at 8.30 that morning.'

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/n...iriboon-revealed-20140601-39cx0#ixzz4BSP9zV00
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

I'm wondering why the sighting by the neighbour is a 'confirmed sighting'. Was there something about Bung that morning that particularly identified her and wouldn't have been known to the neighbour otherwise?

The neighbour would have been used to seeing Bung pass at that time of morning each day. If he/she saw an Asian-looking girl in Bung's school uniform go by on that particular morning, it's likely that he/she would 'remember' that it was Bung when perhaps it wasn't.

Putting aside for the moment the parents' testimony--as a thought-experiment, if you like--it would seem to be possible that Bung really disappeared the night before. I wonder whether any investigations have been made on that basis.

'Detective Inspector Potter said police were not placing any weight on either sighting, because ‘‘the only confirmed sighting ... was by a neighbour in Elsie Street’’ at 8.30 that morning.'

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/n...iriboon-revealed-20140601-39cx0#ixzz4BSP9zV00
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

I'm wondering why the sighting by the neighbour is a 'confirmed sighting'. Was there something about Bung that morning that particularly identified her and wouldn't have been known to the neighbour otherwise?

The neighbour would have been used to seeing Bung pass at that time of morning each day. If he/she saw an Asian-looking girl in Bung's school uniform go by on that particular morning, it's likely that he/she would 'remember' that it was Bung when perhaps it wasn't.

Putting aside for the moment the parents' testimony--as a thought-experiment, if you like--it would seem to be possible that Bung really disappeared the night before. I wonder whether any investigations have been made on that basis.

The only reason I can think that the police have the neighbours sighting as a confirmed sighting ....is they have thoroughly vetted the neighbour as a credible witness....

There was another case where a poster here at WS posted up police criteria for their standard of vetting/establishing credibility. ......thinking the neighbour must have met that critera - as in having no altera motive to claim having seen her.

Her having disappeared tthe night before is entirely possible...but I would have thought...and sincerely hope that had been investigated....my rational mind tells me it would have been.....

having been obsessed with Bungs case....along with a few others.... This whole new vehicle description threw me for a loop..

Then when I calmed down...I realised we hadn't been lead astray with the two different car descriptions...

The police are now revealing that there was a second sighting possibly of Bung......further south from the original car sighting.

Was Bung abducted....and then immediately passed on to the person who really wanted her??

FIRST CAR SiGHTING:

Time 8.30 - 9.00am

Person believed to be Bung sitting in rear passenger seat

1988-96 EA or EF Model station Wagon.

Man 50 - 60 years old.

Blue singlet.

Light Brown hair combed back in a "Rock Roll Style".

Coloured tattoo on upper left arm.

Sighted driving along Boronia Road.....going straight..last sighted going through roundabout on Boronia/Albert Road...still heading straight along Boronia Road.

SECOND CAR SIGHTING:

8.45 am to 9.00am

Person believed to be Bung sitting in front passenger seat - Backseats not visable - possibly folded down at the time.

1971 -1973 HQ Kingswood Station Wagon

Man 30 -40 years old

Either Bald or very light coloured hair

Large tattoo on left side of neck, sleeve style tattoos on BOTH arms

Seen travelling along Napoleon Road Rowville

Was Bung abducted....and then immediately passed on to the person who really wanted her??
(snipped)
. . . and both the abductors drove white station wagons, had similar hair styles, and tattoos?

I think the witnesses are projecting their knowledge of the stepfather onto their recollections. Or it might be that one witness has heard the other's story, and has constructed another one to match (share the reward perhaps), but didn't know all the details and the police managed to elicit some differences.

It would be interesting to know whether the stepfather drove a white station wagon. If he didn't, the witnesses' accounts might satisfy me more.

(snipped)
. . . and both the abductors drove white station wagons, had similar hair styles, and tattoos?

I think the witnesses are projecting their knowledge of the stepfather onto their recollections. Or it might be that one witness has heard the other's story, and has constructed another one to match (share the reward perhaps), but didn't know all the details and the police managed to elicit some differences.

It would be interesting to know whether the stepfather drove a white station wagon. If he didn't, the witnesses' accounts might satisfy me more.

You might find this interesting. :)

http://empathysinsights.blogspot.com.au/2011/07/siriyakorn-bung-siriboon.html?m=1

(snipped)

From memory they owned a blue 4 wheel drive type vehicle at the time.

I can sort of get what your thinking....the reward money could make someone try to embellish on the first sightings story....sort of like pot luck..they may get something right.

Although the vast diffrences in the tattoo descriptions seem rather specific..

A little background on the case which you might interesting.......

There was a neighbour living in Elsie Street at the time who owned a vehicle that matched the first vehicle sighting.
The evidence of this is still there on Google Earth historical searches.

The detectives were aware of this...well....I'd asume they were - the car was there!!!.....

They (police) I am assuming sat on that witness account of the car for three years before making the car description public......I can only think they had been watching and investigating the guy...but weren't able to pin anything on him.

Bungs mum has moved back to Thailand also apparently. [emoji848]

I think she has been for along time......I remember how suspicious it appeared when she flew back in those first few weeks after Bung went missing.. But I think it may be a cultural thing that ..well I don't understand. I know they are devote Buddhists..

They apparently had always had intentions of going back there to live.....they were just waiting for Bung to finnish her education first.

They also had another daughter ...who at the time was attending university here in Melbourne.....my take on it was that they felt the kids education was very important.

I think she has been for along time......I remember how suspicious it appeared when she flew back in those first few weeks after Bung went missing.. But I think it may be a cultural thing that ..well I don't understand. I know they are devote Buddhists..

They apparently had always had intentions of going back there to live.....they were just waiting for Bung to finnish her education first.

They also had another daughter ...who at the time was attending university here in Melbourne.....my take on it was that they felt the kids education was very important.

Yes I think your right. I would definitely think it's a cultural thing and I believe the older daughter has now finished her degree or whatever she was studying for. They must have come back to Aus for her graduation because I've seen photos. I wonder if she will go back to Thailand too now she has finished. I didn't think it was anything sinister I just would think you would want to be as close as possible in case something new came up. JMO

From memory they owned a blue 4 wheel drive type vehicle at the time.

I can sort of get what your thinking....the reward money could make someone try to embellish on the first sightings story....sort of like pot luck..they may get something right.

Although the vast diffrences in the tattoo descriptions seem rather specific..

A little background on the case which you might interesting.......

There was a neighbour living in Elsie Street at the time who owned a vehicle that matched the first vehicle sighting.
The evidence of this is still there on Google Earth historical searches.

The detectives were aware of this...well....I'd asume they were - the car was there!!!.....

They (police) I am assuming sat on that witness account of the car for three years before making the car description public......I can only think they had been watching and investigating the guy...but weren't able to pin anything on him.

I believe that info was sent to crimestoppers - may well be in this thread that the exchange was made.

I can't really blame them for going back to Thailand. Not everyone holds onto hope without cause ... sometimes if a loved one gets a terminal illness people can drop their bundle at the time and then nurse their loved one and by the time they have died the worst shock and pain has occurred ... people can come to acceptance quite quickly. If they honestly feel like Bung has been murdered and there is nothing else for then moving back to their home might be a comfort.

What I can never get to grips with is that it was such a major crime with seemingly no lead up crimes and no further attacks.

William's reward and attention has made me think of Bung again ... her reward is a million dollars as well. She is just as precious and important as William and I am sad that she has never got the same coverage.

William's reward and attention has made me think of Bung again ... her reward is a million dollars as well. She is just as precious and important as William and I am sad that she has never got the same coverage.

She did get alot of coverage in the early years ... but I guess as time passes. ....it really is sad.

What you said about no lead up crimes ... and none since. Ill have to back to some of my notes ..... but I think I did have some crimes that I thought could be linked....if I find them Ill post them up...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator
Back