Australia Australia - Siriyakorn 'Bung' Siriboon, 13, Boronia, Vic, 2 June 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Err...as a Melbournian, I think I should defend us a bit here.

Jill Meagher was reported missing quickly and the killer identified quickly.
The whole thing was a week in the making.

Bung was missing, nothing suggested she had/has been killed.
In fact they were even suggesting that she had been kidnapped and taken overseas at one stage. It wasn't a murder case.

As for people not sighing.
I live in Bayswater, the next suburb along from where Bung when missing and let me assure you, nobody is sighing.

I am a Melbournian and I can tell you that across town people are at best vaguely aware she is missing. Your local coverage may have been better but it was far from a big story. The initial response to Jill being missing was massive in comparison. I personally only heard about Bung 4 months after she was gone and no one I knew had heard.

Now I understand that Jill's case was heard immensely because of her media connections - the ABC was on it and the heavy lifting was done for the other news media. And then the CCTV was compelling viewing and people had a reason to watch to identify the guy. But there is no way that the reaction to Bung being missing has been in anyway proportional even given those huge boosts to Jill's coverage.

You don't have to defend Melburnians, you obviously care and are here wanting information - most people care when they actually hear about it - but the media interest and subsequent public interest just isn't there in the same way and I personally find it very sad.

It's not just Melbourne. Look at the difference in size between the march for Jill Meagher & the most recent march on NSW Parliament for the three missing & murdered Bowraville Kids. Over 20 years & no justice in sight.

http://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2010/october/1316004054/malcolm-knox/mission

https://m.facebook.com/JusticefortheBowravillechildren?id=237468279723383&_rdr

1468587_367396483397228_394497327_n.jpg

http://www.change.org/petitions/the...-royal-commission-into-the-bowraville-murders

I am in Melbourne too and am very much aware. Have been since she first went missing. In Melbourne Jill's case Adrian Bailey was I feel mentally challenged or he had been locked up for too long and didn't know about all the electronic forensic they use these days. He was caught on CCTV. Then when he drove bush with her body he also took her mobile which pinged along the way. Then his girlfriend found the sim card in her washing machine. He might as well have had his own micro chip.

Now with Bung , brought back memories of Karmien Chang. Another Asian girl who went missing. But people first thought she had wagged school, ran away. But then it became more serious. And it was then classed as an abduction. But without all the electronics in Jill's case unfortunately there was none to help find Bung.

This guy who confessed is either a nutter or he did murder her and disposed of her but not where he said he did. Unfortunately it can be years before a body is found, if ever.
Bung 's family must be going through a very trying time not knowing one way or the other if they have the killer or not. On that note I will just say that I will not forget Bung .

Again - of course everyone here cares because we are here, aren't we? We only had to hear about Bung once or twice to latch onto her story and want to know what happened to her. But count how many posts are here about Bung vs Jill or Allison Baden-Clay, and it is because the media didn't push her story enough. I think people think I am having a go at them by pointing this out but that couldn't be further from the truth.

I will say this however, despite little public interest being fueled by the media, I was so heartened to read how many full time detectives were on the Puma taskforce before they were disbanded. I imagine 12 officers working full time on it exhausted every avenue. So maybe the general public being up in arms is not necessary. I don't know. I know a lot of parents pretty blase about the risks of abduction and everyone has to make their own assessment of risk, but I wonder if they are doing it with all the information.

I can only speculate that as a parent of a school aged child in the general area, the story probably touched close to home for my family and all the other parents I know.

We get snippets of information and then it all goes cold once again. No info on what is happening with this guy who confessed. Don't know what we can do to keep these cases in the news.

It must be so hard for Bung's family . Having their hopes of finding her dashed each time a clue comes along.

Omfg.. how cruel is it, for her parents to be informed of this guy who confessed... If he did kill her, I will not believe for a moment it was an 'accident'.

Herald Sun today has small piece on Blung on page 14. Chief Commissioner Ken Lay states .
" The public should know the case is still moving. There is commitment"
Can someone put a link to this as I don't know how to do it. TIA

Interesting that they are offering such a large sum of money.

John Potter said they still cannot rule out two suspects, but didn't say whether either of them was the person who came forward and claimed to have run Bung over and killed her.

Seems odd that if someone is confessing to an involvement that they would then up the reward to a million dollars.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/1...issing-girl-known-as-bung-20140203-31xib.html

This article in The Age says one of the suspects they can't rule out is the man who claims to have run her over.

Wonder why they are offering a reward now? I was really curious how police said it wasn't the right time to offer a reward when two years had passed. Wonder what makes now the right time. Hopefully it means they have a good idea of what happened but need more evidence. At least they aren't mucking around. One million is a good reward.

I'm inclined to think this man had something to do with it, but it was no accident IMO. I'd like to know if he took himself to the police, or if police were led to him and he 'confessed'. I don't recall that distinction being made in the media.

I think they are hoping that someone has that little bit of information that will tie in with a conviction.
maybe someone knows where the body is. $1,000,000 is a very large sum. If they don't get any takers I would say this was done by a loner who doesn't talk.

There is a great commitment to find out what happened to Bung. It's nothing compared to her being safe with her family, but it makes the world a little less cruel.

It's so sad to see that poor little Bung has been completely forgotten by the Australian public.

I live literally a half hours walk away from Boronia - There used to be her little face plastered up in shop windows, but now nothing.

Is there any new information that hasn't been posted here? I had a quick look around and simply came up to nothing...

There's no drive to keep her name in the public - wish there was...

It's so sad to see that poor little Bung has been completely forgotten by the Australian public.

I live literally a half hours walk away from Boronia - There used to be her little face plastered up in shop windows, but now nothing.

Is there any new information that hasn't been posted here? I had a quick look around and simply came up to nothing...

There's no drive to keep her name in the public - wish there was...

I wish so too. I don't know of any new information. There hasn't been much information in total at all. The only notable thing I can think of is the very late confirmed sighting of her so close to school. It was later than you'd expect from the time she left home.

I think we can at last take some comfort that the police will act on any information. Look into the Prue Bird case. Her face was everywhere around where I lived in 1992. Last year there was a conviction, without her body being found.

Fresh information about missing 13-year-old Boronia schoolgirl Siriyakorn "Bung" Siriboon has been released on the third anniversary of her disappearance.

Homicide detectives say a young Asian girl, wearing a light, collared shirt and a dark-blue V-neck jumper, was seen in the back seat of a white EA to EF-model Ford Falcon station wagon on the morning she vanished.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/n...on-revealed-20140602-39cx0.html#ixzz33QvHAHIi

Monday, 02 June 2014

Police seek help in relation to possible sighting of Bung Siriboon

The female was described as being of Asian appearance, in her early to mid teens and was wearing a light-coloured, collared shirt and a dark blue v-neck jumper.

The car was reportedly driven by a male of Caucasian appearance, who was described as being in his late 50s to early 60s and was wearing a blue coloured singlet. He had light brown coloured hair which was combed back in what was described as a rock and roll style. He also had a coloured tattoo on his left upper arm.

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/new...on-to-possible-sighting-of-bung-siriboon.html

Corner of Moncoe and Harcourt Street's Boronia is a seedy looking treed bushy vacant block, accross the road is another vacant park, next to that looks like a fenced off Melb water area. Given it was peak time for school, this would have been the only area after the (unconfirmed) sighting at Paisley St that could have been hidden from view from neighbours. I would hope the police would of searched it.

Secondly, a google map based search with "street view" shows an interesting looking vehicle parked at number 73 Elsie St (google photo would of been taken late 2009). It matches the reported ford above to a T. Makes me think a neighbour (who she may have known and therefore felt comfortable to get in the car) could have seen her walking and offered a lift to school.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans
Back