Australia Australia - Siriyakorn 'Bung' Siriboon, 13, Boronia, Vic, 2 June 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That was interesting reading once I got by the paywall (ftr, hit refresh and then stop the page before it fully loads).

I am very glad to have some statistics at hand. I have had too many people tell me my concerns about abduction are based on media scaremongering and that it happens very rarely. Now I know "only" 30 are under 10s but even if half of the numbers are for teens and younger, that would be 80 REPORTED incidences a year in Vic, more than one a week. Everyone has to make their own choices about their child's safety, but believing stranger abduction is so rare that it always makes headlines is not a decision made with the full information at hand.

Considering the absolute media furore Karmein Chan's case got, I am deeply shocked and dismayed that Bung's abduction has recieved so very little attention.

Poor girl, I hope she's not suffered and that her family gets closure soon.

I lived in Boronia for a couple of years in the 90's. It was then and still is (from what I hear) full of some really skeezy people. I am really glad to not be there, and not raising my daughter in that area... I feel sorry for the older residents there - apparently it used to be a nicer place. All my elderly neighbours said they were horrified at how the area had changed.

Interesting, the speculation that Mr. Cruel could be involved. He was such an incredibly organised rapist, so careful to avoid leaving evidence (ofc, lousy police evidence handling has caused what tiny bits of DNA he -did- leave to become lost.. :shakehead: ) - Bung fits his preferred age range. Have to wonder if he's too old to risk home invasion now and has opted to simply snatch girls off the street.

Pedos don't simply quit raping kids - Mr. Cruel has either been out of state, in prison or a psych ward, or he's incapacitated/dead...

I can totally see that man still raping kids into his 60's, though.

ETA: the reports regarding the rise in abductions is terrifying.. my daughter is 14 and walks to school. WHEN are the Govt going to wake up and start handing out zero tolerance sentences to pedos and rapists, rather than letting them walk time and again, free to keep on raping?

Lock 'em up, throw away the key! That's the only acceptable sentence for violent and habitual sex offenders, IMO.

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this. Have a read of this very recent article in the Melbourne Herald Sun about Robert Keith Knight (a former, now "eliminated" suspect from Bung's abduction).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...mr-cruel-suspect/story-fni0ffnk-1226634760646

The article mentions the fact that this man, who had a LONG history of abduction and rape of children, has never been able to be ruled out as Mr Cruel. In fact, it does more than mention it...it goes on and on about it. Many pictures from the Mr Cruel case are also included. A lot more information and pictures than they would tend to include in articles about people suspected of major crimes.

Does anybody else get the feeling that the police/The Herald are trying to say something that they're pretty sure about but can't categorically prove?

I mean, it kind of reads a lot like an obituary to Mr Cruel, rather than a summary of the story thus far.

Not to detract from Bung's appalling abduction here, BUT I had to say I'm feeling slightly nauseous after reading Robert Keith Knight's employment and volunteer history --- this monster spent his -entire life- targetting jobs that would put him in close contact with children, and he had that access since the 70's. God knows how many children were victims to this depraved freak.

But what gets me, really makes me sick is that he --- was not caught and put away forever-- in the 70's. So the potential thousands he raped and exploited might never have have been so, if pedos were treated as the social plague they really are.

Child molestation and abuse figures hugely in the past of many drug addicts, killers, prostitutes, and - child molesters. Knocking them off the map from the first offense would not only prevent direct harm, but all the harm caused by the damaged kids who grow up damaged enough to harm themselves and others.

Sorry for the rant, but it's just my biggest pet topic for ranting on. It's a simple truth that pedophiles cost our nation more in resources, property and most importantly LIVES and QUALITY of LIFE than almost any other kind of criminal (drug dealers have to top that list, I think).

They can't be "cured" or rehabilitated. Therapy doesn't work, that's a fact. So when are we going to stand up and begin removing them from our midst, permanently and on thier FIRST offense? So that all the hundreds of kids they'd otherwise damage can live free of that harm...

/end rant.

Back to Bung - I so fervently hope her parents are right and she's still alive somewhere. But after two years of life in a pedo's clutches, I also hope she is strong enough to survive and keep herself whole..

Her mother's face in the article above holds such terrible grief. Poor woman. Lets hope the alibi check turns somebody up who knows something...

I feel thoroughly ashamed that I knew nothing about Bung's disappearance. I'm going to go back over the reports and see exactly how many The Advertiser had.

How is it that an Aussie paper can report daily on the Jodi Arias trial yet there has been nothing this week about Bung on the second anniversary of her disappearance, a girl that vanished in the next state? :stormingmad:

How awful for her parents, especially if there is reason to believe it is similar to Mr Cruels MO.

The coverage for Bung has been appalling. I find in general people around me just don't want to know. The recent articles about the rate of attempted abductions, no one gives a **** when I bring it up. 30 a year are under 10 years old and only half of them are custody/family related. So in Victoria more than once a month there is an attempted abduction of a child under 10 that you have to assume is for the purposes of sexual assault. Never mind the next vulnerable subset of 10 to adult age, and women have a hard time fighting off a blitz attack. People seem to think that when it happens the news makes a big deal about it, making us scared when it is rare, but largely they don't, there is maybe a line in the local paper about a sexual assault or something at most. There is more attempted abductions than road deaths, plus the police say it is under reported, and yet if you worry about abductions you are weird but no one ever goes without a seatbelt (correctly so, but you know).

The Morcombes worked hard to get their son in the news and it probably helped a lot that he was a handsome white boy. I know Bung's family have been available to the media too but it just hasn't got the same traction and I can't help but feel, not racism, but less "that could be us"-ism has something to do with it, even though she was just a young 13 year old girl on a pretty short walk to school, something most parents would find a reasonable thing to have a girl her age do.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/06/02/09/11/vic-police-desperate-to-solve-bung-mystery

Fred Pattison looks at a picture of his stepdaughter every day and hopes she will return.

Siriyakorn "Bung" Siriboon, 13, left her house in the Melbourne suburb of Boronia to go to school about 8.30am on this day two years ago and was never seen again.
Police believe Bung was abducted.
Mr Pattison says the family's life is on hold and has been for two years.
"We still live with the hope that she is still alive and coming home and that is what we believe," he told reporters at a police information caravan set up at a Boronia shopping centre on Sunday.

I watched my 14 yo daughter set off for the short walk to her high school this morning, and then logged in to this thread.. such a feeling of dread came over me, thinking of my beautiful child simply walking to school...

What we need is a massive anti-pedo rally so the concerns of Victoria's parents can well and truly be heard. I am serious. And I'd jolly well organise it too, if my health was up to it. It irks me to be unable to. I cannot express how much it irks me.

And yes, I agree wholeheartedly with you guys - it is shameful how under-reported Bung's abduction is. AND beyond shameful that more concern is not raised regarding the rate of attacks on children in this state.

http://vicpolicenews.com.au/news/1149-taskforce-puma-search-in-boronia.html

Taskforce Puma detectives are searching the Old Joes Creek Retarding Basin in Boronia as part of the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Siriyakorn ‘Bung’ Siriboon.

The search is one of a number of searches conducted by investigators during the life-span of the taskforce, which was established in October 2011.

I actually dreamt last night that they found some of her bones (leg) at the basin.. I hope not, but I DO hope they find something soon.

Maybe I need to stop reading WS before I go to bed.. !

I actually dreamt last night that they found some of her bones (leg) at the basin.. I hope not, but I DO hope they find something soon.

Maybe I need to stop reading WS before I go to bed.. !

I have done the same thing, WS before bed does make for interesting dreams!

Hoping they find something also

The search for missing schoolgirl Siriyakorn “Bung” Siriboon continues, with bones found at a Boronia reserve identified as animal bones, and the clothing as “not particularly significant” to Bung’s disappearance.
Victoria Police and State Emergency Service volunteers are searching an area less than two kilometres from where Bung was last seen in 2011.
The search is expected to take a number of days, police said.

Detective Inspector Potter confirmed that police are looking seriously into offering a reward for information regarding Bung’s case.
“It’s certainly on the table … it’s something we’re discussing,” he said. “That is part of a strategy that we always look at carefully.

Via The Age. 13 August 2013
Reporter Caroline Zieliniski

http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/no-major-find-in-search-for-bung-20130813-2rttc.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back