Australia Australia - Siriyakorn 'Bung' Siriboon, 13, Boronia, Vic, 2 June 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The cruel man was a creature of the night, snatching girls from the safety of their homes after bedtime - and always during school holidays. If this was abduction, then we have an offender offending to a different MO. Mr. Cruel, fortunately, has not returned to reprise his reign of terror.
*Respectfully snipped*

Thank you Sherlock_Holmes, I hadn't considered the significance of the time of day.
Mr Cruel was believed to have possibly been a teacher. Perhaps at this stage, 19 years after his last known attack, he has retired? Allowing him to "operate" at whatever time he pleases?

I'd be interested to hear any other thoughts or theories.

Or perhaps he has a terminal illness, has thrown caution to the wind, and decided to have some “fun” before he goes to hell. Certainly, his risk calculations have changed if he is now revealing his face to children in broad daylight - unlike the masked man he was twenty-odd years ago. Indeed, as he warned one child: “My freedom is more important than your life.” Yet, in light of the reports today that there goes a man in his sixties, wearing a (surgical) mask, trying to pick up an 11-year old girl in the same suburb, one’s imagination starts working overtime. Rule nothing in, rule nothing out …

A man wearing a surgical mask has attempted to lure a schoolgirl into his car in the same area from which Melbourne schoolgirl Siriyakorn `Bung' Siriboon vanished earlier this month.

Lauren Zhang, 11, told police she was on her way to school on Bennett Street in Boronia when she was approached by a man driving a dark green Holden station wagon about 8.45am on Wednesday.

The girl's mother, Jan Zhu, told Nine News she was proud of her daughter's quick thinking during the abduction attempt.

"My daughter said no, quickly took her mobile and called police," Zhu said.

Lauren said: "I just felt really scared."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8266981/man-tries-to-abduct-melbourne-schoolgirl

Thanks for your thoughts Sherlock, I agree with the behaviour difference you noticed.

Surgical masked man seems more brazen, uses verbal coercion and operates from a car.

He appears to target Asian girls. The victim of today's attempt is Lauren Zhang.

Hello everyone...

Gentle reminder for you...please make sure the discussion of theory, opinion, etc. is in the Discussion forum.

I encourage you to keep presenting your thoughts and insights, but in the Discussion forum please!

This forum is for Information and Support only.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

~Summer_Breeze

Victorian police are investigating a possible link between an attempted abduction on Wednesday and the disappearance of a Boronia schoolgirl last month.

A man in his sixties, wearing a surgical mask over his mouth, tried to lure a 11-year-old girl into his car at Boronia, in Melbourne's eastern suburbs.

The man fled when the girl tried to make a call on her mobile phone. They have released an image of the suspect.
r792596_6909027.jpg

Read more: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/06/30/3257740.htm?site=melbourne

They were both schoolgirls of Asian appearance, walking to school alone in Melbourne’s east - but one vanished without a trace while the other was the victim of an attempted abduction.

There are disturbing similarities between the recent attempted abduction of a Boronia schoolgirl and the disappearance of Siriyakorn ‘Bung’ Siriboon from the area four weeks earlier, police say.

boronia-suspect-729-420x0.jpg

A police likeness of a man sought over an attempted child abduction in Boronia, close to where 13-year-old schoolgirl Bung Siriboon disappeared.
Video and article continued here : http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/police-issue-abduction-warning-amid-disturbing-link-to-bung-20110630-1gs90.html

The abduction of an elderly woman and an attempt to snatch a 16-year-old girl have became the latest possible links in the disappearance of a Melbourne schoolgirl a month ago.

Two girls have been attacked since 13-year-old Siriyakorn `Bung' Siriboon disappeared while walking to her Boronia school four weeks ago, and police say the abduction of an 86-year-old woman in Clayton in February is also being looked at.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8267783/another-attempted-abduction-in-vic

Police are investigating reports of another attempted abduction of a schoolgirl in Melbourne's eastern suburbs, one month after the mysterious disappearance of teenager Siriyakorn "Bung" Siriboon.

A 16-year-old girl has told police she was walking home from school on Tuesday last week when a man tried to drag her into his car in Ringwood East.

The man grabbed the girl on the arm however she fought free and hid in bushes until he drove away from the area in a blue sedan.
The man, aged in his 50s or 60s with grey hair, is strikingly similar in appearance to a man who tried to snatch an 11-year-old girl as she walked to school in nearby Boronia on Wednesday.
thumb169-408x264.jpg

Police have found no link between two recent attempted abductions in Ringwood and Boronia, although the descriptions of the perpetrators are similar.

Video and article continued here: http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/police-probe-schoolgirl-abduction-links-20110701-1gtql.html

That's one spooky image with an appalling power to haunt. I wonder if the surgical mask is indicative of the man's occupation? Is he a doctor? If he is, one could propose a suspect ...

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family and for all the school children. Lets hope this guy or guys get caught very quickly!

This is such a scary situation. I've grave fears for little Bung, now. :(
I hope now that there's some sort of chance of identifying him he will be found quickly. What disgusting evil people there are out there.

Now that that's out of the way...

How unrelated is "not related"?

He lived in the same suburb as Bung.
He was last seen on June 9th, 7 days after Bung's disappearance.
He was thought to have been at Bung's school.
His whereabouts still have not been confirmed.

That's pretty astonishing for something unrelated.

What significance, if any, does this incident hold? Any thoughts or suggestions of how to find out if there is more to this story?

I wonder if there are any pictures, or a name, of the no longer missing man available. It would be relatively easy to cross him off a suspect list if the family would provide one.

Details are shifting and the situation is getting more complex.

It is now reported that Bung was last seen on Elsie St. This street has never been mentioned before.

Also, it has come to light that Lauren Zhang, the victim of Wednesdays attempted abduction, is a school friend of Bung's.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/family-prays-for-little-bung/story-fn6bfmgc-1226085937360

Three separate incidents in three different suburbs are being investigated in relation to Bung.
The suspects identikit images share a lot of similarities.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/car-assault-link-to-bung-abduction-being-investigated-20110701-1guik.html

That's one spooky image with an appalling power to haunt. I wonder if the surgical mask is indicative of the man's occupation? Is he a doctor? If he is, one could propose a suspect ...

It could be, however that type of mask can also be bought at the pharmacy.
I was a pharmacy assistant and it was not an item that was sold very often where I worked.
Perhaps police could ask staff at the pharmacies in the area if they remember selling a mask to this man.

But he could totally be a doctor, or a recent patient. Also possibly a hospital cleaner or an aged care worker.

They are investigating an attack in Ringwood East too. The suspect is described as having "decayed teeth".

thumb169-408x264.jpg

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/victoria/police-probe-schoolgirl-abduction-links-20110701-1gtql.html

If this man and the Boronia attacker are one and the same, the mask make sense.
One victim recalls and describes his teeth, so he seeks to cover them during his next attack.

Like the rest of you, I follow and read about a h*** of a lot of cases. But I have never got the heebie-jeebies worse than this one.

I am completely terrified for Bung. The hairs are standing up and my hackles are raised. I get the feeling the police are further along than we think, but it is still awful to know that this man (no matter whether he is involved in this particular case or not) is roaming the streets.

Like the rest of you, I follow and read about a h*** of a lot of cases. But I have never got the heebie-jeebies worse than this one.

I feel the same way. This one has unsettled me more than any, leaving aside only two others: the Mr. Cruel kidnappings and the man who allegedly infected patients at the Croydon abortion clinic with Hepatitis C. One gets a feeling the perpetrator thought through the crime in advance, and selected the suburb of Boronia for its location and the nearby forests. Let us pray still that it ends well and never comes to this, but if eventually they are forced to search for a body, I fear that is where the search might end up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smjosephson
Back