GUILTY Australia - Sophie Collombet, 21, found dead in Kurilpa Park, Brisbane, 27 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
interesting!

watched 9 news: National 9 news said that what led police to identify Milward as a person of interest was evidence at the crime scene

Probably so out of his brain on drugs he didn't realise he left ID or something. Travel card might have fallen out of his pocket etc.

I wonder how he got to Coffs? I wonder if somebody drove him? You'd think LE would have alerted all coach companies to be on the lookout - and there are no trains running here on the coast of Northern NSW..........

I think the XPT from Brisbane stops at Coffs Harbour.

I wonder how he got to Coffs? I wonder if somebody drove him? You'd think LE would have alerted all coach companies to be on the lookout - and there are no trains running here on the coast of Northern NSW..........

A stolen car is my first thought

A friend of mine sent me a link to this app called SAFETRIP.

Safetrip is a smart phone application designed to increase safety when travelling in a taxi, on public transport and performing every day travel. It requires you to estimate your activity time and simply check in and out of your chosen travel mode to assure your family and friends that you are safe.

http://www.safetrip.net.au/how-it-works/

3 cheers for QLD and NSW police on the arrest this afternoon!

I'm guessing he didn't fly from Brisbane - Coffs Harbour. The Virgin flight to Coffs is not direct, it stops in Sydney and is $500+ . Qantas also has a stop in Sydney and is $380+

Is it possible to book and board a domestic flight these days without photo ID? If he did fly down before the heat was on him as a POI, could he have used a fake name to board?

I'm doubting he'd have that kind of disposable cash for a flight, unless someone helped him out, or he cashed in some goods at a pawn broker?

3 cheers for QLD and NSW police on the arrest this afternoon!

I'm guessing he didn't fly from Brisbane - Coffs Harbour. The Virgin flight to Coffs is not direct, it stops in Sydney and is $500+ . Qantas also has a stop in Sydney and is $380+

Is it possible to book and board a domestic flight these days without photo ID? If he did fly down before the heat was on him as a POI, could he have used a fake name to board?

I'm doubting he'd have that kind of disposable cash for a flight, unless someone helped him out, or he cashed in some goods at a pawn broker?

Like a blackberry and an ipad > wouldn't be enough cash I think

I wonder if he hitched a ride?. He had quite a few days head start before his photo was released to the public.

well done QLD and NSW police. Great result. just goes to show you can run but you cant hide especially when shopping at coles. Lets hope he cooperates and confesses and Sophies's family can have peace.

I've read his mobile phone was disconnected, but wondering if he was tracked to coffs harbour by his mobile phone?

Or perhaps he accessed his bank account at Coles that afternoon? One MSM report said two officers recognised him IN Coles. Another said he was spotted by police officers out on the street.

I had one client in particular who expressed that very thing, all the time. He had been locked up at 14 in Juvenile Justice and then as an adult he was in and out of prison - more in than out. (he was a drug dealer).

So he had basically spent the majority of his teen and adult life in institutions. (I saw him for therapy when he was 25 years old).

He HATED being out of prison. For him, everything was so much clearer and simpler inside. He liked knowing he'd have those three meals, he liked knowing the hierarchy inside, he felt safe with the regimentation.

He - like so many of these guys - grew up without firm boundaries at home and he actually craved that sense of security. Even though he'd never admit it to the other guys, I'm sure, to me he often spoke about his feelings of safety with all of those prison rules.

He was determined to go back in.

And by the way, he had access to every drug on the inside that he did outside. I was seeing him in a rehab setting and he'd only just been discharged from prison. His withdrawal was from the speed and the prescription meds he'd been taking inside :facepalm:

:goodpost:

So another goes inside and comes out worse?

I've read his mobile phone was disconnected, but wondering if he was tracked to coffs harbour by his mobile phone?

Or perhaps he accessed his bank account at Coles that afternoon? One MSM report said two officers recognised him IN Coles. Another said he was spotted by police officers out on the street.

I have a feeling the publicity naming the POI ended up doing what it was supposed to, there were probably multiple calls to crimestoppers and the net started to close.

Good to see the French media has picked up on the story of the arrest as well...

Le Figaro France. Read More...
Un suspect arrêté dans l’enquête sur le meurtre de Sophie, étudiante française en Australie

Un homme de 25 ans a été arrêté dans la nuit de dimanche à lundi par la police de Brisbane. Il doit répondre aux questions des enquêteurs australiens concernant Sophie, une étudiante française assassinée le 29 mars.
-----

Translation by Bing...
A suspect arrested in the investigation into the murder of Sophie, French student in Australia

A 25-year-old man was arrested on the night of Sunday to Monday by police in Brisbane. It must meet the Australian investigators questions about Sophie, a French student murdered on 29 March.

I had one client in particular who expressed that very thing, all the time. He had been locked up at 14 in Juvenile Justice and then as an adult he was in and out of prison - more in than out. (he was a drug dealer).

So he had basically spent the majority of his teen and adult life in institutions. (I saw him for therapy when he was 25 years old).

He HATED being out of prison. For him, everything was so much clearer and simpler inside. He liked knowing he'd have those three meals, he liked knowing the hierarchy inside, he felt safe with the regimentation.

He - like so many of these guys - grew up without firm boundaries at home and he actually craved that sense of security. Even though he'd never admit it to the other guys, I'm sure, to me he often spoke about his feelings of safety with all of those prison rules.

He was determined to go back in.

And by the way, he had access to every drug on the inside that he did outside. I was seeing him in a rehab setting and he'd only just been discharged from prison. His withdrawal was from the speed and the prescription meds he'd been taking inside :facepalm:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsiFanovOSI"]The Shawshank Redemption - Institutionalized - YouTube[/ame] Hard to beat Reds succinct description @ 00.35 ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back