GUILTY Australia - Sophie Collombet, 21, found dead in Kurilpa Park, Brisbane, 27 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Am wondering if the raids at the Gold Coast over this period of time has shaken a few things out. Somehow ice made it onto the streets and into hands of a man with which very bad things were done and for which there has been an awfully tragic outcome. Ice is a very bad drug. People who wish to make a living out of pushing ice are prepared to play diabolical games with the vulnerable. It is a drug that has been developed for stamina, to accompany warfare. Let us hope that as a result of this misery the streets now might be safer and cleaner.

It is alleged Tesic organised the routine supply of methylamphetamine oil from Sydney to the Gold Coast. Police intercepted a delivery of six litres of the oil during the investigation, which they estimate could have produced $11 million worth of the drug.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-drug-scene-20140406-366vn.html#ixzz2yCjv3imS

Move over Brett Cowan, we've got a new flat mate for you......

& another one named Gerard Baden-Clay might buddy up with you on a cold winters night.

<modsnip>:moo:

Even though I am ecstatically happy that he did - why on earth would you walk around in the middle of Coffs - and go to Coles ?! - when you were on the run and your face is plastered all over the news??!! Completely illogical!!

He'd have been better off 'disappearing' in a city like Sydney, I would have thought.

Not so gifted in the brain department :facepalm:

He is on at 9.30 am in Coffs local court. He will travel tomorrow and be charged wed PM, is my guess. They spell his name Benjamine in the court list?

Even though I am ecstatically happy that he did - why on earth would you walk around in the middle of Coffs - and go to Coles ?! - when you were on the run and your face is plastered all over the news??!! Completely illogical!!

He'd have been better off 'disappearing' in a city like Sydney, I would have thought.

Not so gifted in the brain department :facepalm:

As I said a few pages back, majority of criminals are just plain stupid. They have poor judgement, make mistakes & are caught.

Well done Qld & NSW police....you got him!!

Nothing can bring poor Sophie back but we can & will find justice for her & her family.

I reposted this in a thread only recently. This report about ICE is actually from way back in 2006.

The drug that's transforming normal people into monsters

March 5, 2006

About 12 people each week admitted to the department were suffering from the effects of ice, he estimated, and many ice addicts required five or six staff to restrain them until they were put under sedation.

"They are becoming an increasing burden on the emergency department," Mr Hudson said. "The potential for violence is phenomenal. These people are so violent that it requires the most robust intervention from burly security guards."

Drug experts say ice has been taken up by heavy drug users since the supply of heroin fell dramatically about five years ago. It's known as "poor man's cocaine".

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...e-into-monsters/2006/03/04/1141191886863.html

When 37-year-old financier Brendan McMahon killed 17 rabbits and a guinea pig last year, he said he was in a drug-induced psychosis caused by ice.

A forensic psychiatrist's report said the drug gave McMahon confidence in business dealings but he ended up having hallucinations and "communicating" with rabbits ...

Severe sufferers were often brought in a police paddy wagon to hospital where they were put under psychiatric observation. At St Vincent's there are two custom-made rooms - M1 and M2 - with reinforced walls and beds with no sharp edges to reduce the risk of self-harm. Sufferers may have gone without sleep for up to eight days.

"When you try to approach them they can just explode because they are so fearful we are going to do something to them, that we are going to do some bizarre experiment on them," Mr Hudson said.

What a nasty nasty drug.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office in Oregon has put out a video to try to show people what meth/ice can do to a person&#8217;s face (let alone the inside of them that can&#8217;t be seen) within a relatively short period of time &#8211; from months to years.

This link shows some of the pics (hope this link is allowed .. the photos are all clearly attributed to Multnomah County Sheriff's Office).

http://www.viralnova.com/before-after-drug-photos/

This is the link to the video called Faces of Meth - From Drugs to Mugs.

http://www.facesofmeth.us/drugs_to_mugs.html

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...te-benjamin-james-milward-20140407-369dc.html

Mr Milward’s arrest came as a relief for his family in Ipswich, west of Brisbane.

‘‘We are relieved that he’s OK and he’s been found,’’ his aunt Tere Douglas told Fairfax Media.

Ms Douglas said she didn’t know why her nephew was in Coffs Harbour and said the family had no links to the area.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, I think he was on his way to Sydney. He just happened to get stuck in Coffs Harbour on the way. Maybe he knew someone in Coffs - not necessarily that his family knew them.

Sydney Morning Herald. Read More...

Ms Douglas says there were several unanswered questions about what her nephew was doing on March 27.

&#8220;We haven&#8217;t asked because Ben wasn&#8217;t around. Now we&#8217;ve found Ben, I guess some of the answers are going to come out,&#8221; she said.

The Milward family haven&#8217;t had a chance to speak with Ben, but expect that to happen when he faces court in Queensland.

Quote from the aunt (BBM):

She said the naming of her nephew as a person of interest in the case had taken its toll on the family, especially on Mr Milward’s mother Diane......

‘‘It’s really hard ... I know it must be hard and heartbreaking for [the Collombet family]. Whatever they are feeling, we are feeling that here too,” Ms Douglas said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...mes-milward-20140407-369dc.html#ixzz2yF4dIab5

I'm sorry, but there is NO way that the family of Benny are feeling in ANY way like the family of Sophie :facepalm:

Just a word on his weird posture (it was briefly discussed way back in the thread):

My partner took one look at the pics of him and said "That's the 'hard man' posture". It's that swagger those guys walk with - and it identifies them as a fighter to other men.:facepalm:

Creepy.

Channel 9 reports Milward will be extradited midday and expected to be charged with the murder of Sophie.
So does that mean he admitted to Sophie's murder?

Ms Douglas said Mr Milward had enjoyed a happy childhood and had been a good brother to his younger sibling Josh. Ben went through the usual teenage angst, she said, but it was after that things started to go downhill because he made &#8220;several choices which haven&#8217;t been good&#8221;.....

&#8220;[We'll] sit behind him in that court and support him all the way, as a good family would do. It&#8217;s like a marriage, for better and for worse. And that&#8217;s what the relationship in this family is, for better and for worse.&#8221;

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...for-answers-20140407-369fb.html#ixzz2yFBRSMab

I find the 'happy childhood' bit a little tricky to fully believe, considering what he's ended up doing. Although, as we've seen by those articles that fabulous WSer's have been posting, ice apparently changes people in a BIG way.:facepalm:

He's very lucky he's got such a supportive family IMO.

Just a word on his weird posture (it was briefly discussed way back in the thread):

My partner took one look at the pics of him and said "That's the 'hard man' posture". It's that swagger those guys walk with - and it identifies them as a fighter to other men.:facepalm:

Creepy.

Ha .. yes it's true actually, I used to call it the 'crim walk' when I lived in Kings Cross, if you ask me it just makes them look insecure.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back