Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not possible to just deny criminal activities and enter on a valid visa. I am an immigrant. The govt knows more about me than anyone else in my life due to the huge amount of paperwork involved in getting a visa. I had to provide a police check for everywhere I had lived. It is not as simple as ticking a box saying No criminal history. The visa process is long and frustrating.
I cannot speak for the refugee/asylum seeker process which is different due to missing id and documents etc. The Lindt killer came into Aus on this pathway.
VS the suspect in this case may be a citizen if he was born to citizens in Tasmania. In that case, no criminal records check. Just have a valid Aus passport for entry.
Precisely. My husband immigrated to Australia last year from the USA. He had to provide criminal history reports for everywhere he has lived - FBI and individuals state level as well. Not just name search but fingerprinted as well.

He also had to provide every address he's lived at since he wasca child, every employer, and every time he has crossed borders such as traveling overseas.

It's not some easy thing to just not declare some criminal past. It would be virtually impossible. If there are gaps on what you report, they want to know.

I believe that this depends on whether the iPhone has Location Services enabled, and whether or not it is enabled for the Camera App. The fact that the suspect has been picked up so quickly shows that he was not a particularly careful criminal, so I'm expecting there will be a strong trail of evidence, much of which has likely already been found (given that the Police have said they expect to charge him with Murder).

That's what I thought too but I checked my location services because I didn't recall turning it on for anything except maps and as I thought, I didn't.
Next to camera is says "Never" but if I go to my photo albums and choose to view the photos in a different way it shows it broken down into my suburb and other places I have taken pictures.

Can't believe people are suggesting to use "Psychics". I saw the same psychics trying to leach their services to the victims on facebook. They should be criminalized. They just guess stuff based on the same information you guys do, but then try to make a profit from it. Absolutely pathetic bottom crawlers.

So the sister sent the email at 12.59?!

I'm glad that the school isn't yet a crime scene. It would be even more traumatic if she'd been killed there!

Apparently there was a house fire in Leeton on Sunday night, I don't know what time, but no one was home. I can't see it being related though, unless a fire got out of control.

This is TMI and confronting, so feel free to scroll past...
But how does one burn a body and then move it? If it were burnt next to a Channel it could be then rolled in, but if it were to be moved it would need to cool down and I'd imagine that bodily fluids would leak and it would be a challenging thing to do...
So you'd think that they'd be checking the banks of channels too for obvious signs.
In VIC you can't legally have a bonfire until next weekend (the 24th or thereabouts) it's hotter and drier there so I'm thinking that if someone had a fire it might be noticed? And the smell?? Apparently it's like nothing else (my father saw this happening 40 odd years ago whilst he was carting sugar cane- he thought something was suss and the stench was vile, so he wrote the number plate in the dirt on the dash. He solved that case!

My other puzzling bit is the photo, was it 'proof' or a trophy???...

I think that's a badly worded sentence from the media (how unusual). I think the sister reported to the journalist that her sister (Stephanie) sent the email at 12.59.

I have been involved with Working With Children Checks in NSW since they were introduced up until a year ago.

In the past (prior to the new system) I have made a point of asking if checks were made in regard to overseas residents, as during this time I also worked in the cleaning industry and many of our employee's were overseas students as we solely worked in schools with short shifts that permitted them to work within their visa regulations.

The response I was given was that they do check with interpol if the applicant was born overseas - obviously not required in this case as VS was born in Tasmania.

The other point I would like to make is the WWC Check is ONLY denied if there is a history of crimes against Children.

These checks also do not cover the first offender, if they have no history they will receive approval.

NSW police and forensics are searching the area where Stephanie Scott’s red Mazda 3 was found, in the hopes of finding the murdered teacher’s body.

A vehicle matching the description of the missing teacher’s car was discovered at a rural property in nearby Wamoon, 8km out of Leeton, which is now a crime scene.

Police are combing a nearby irrigation canal as accused 24-year-old Vincent Stanford is interviewed by police.

(from this morning - there are pictures at the link, including what I think might be a forensics van)
http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/vi...-scott-in-leeton/story-fnii5s41-1227296902471

That's what I thought too but I checked my location services because I didn't recall turning it on for anything except maps and as I thought, I didn't.
Next to camera is says "Never" but if I go to my photo albums and choose to view the photos in a different way it shows it broken down into my suburb and other places I have taken pictures.

I have Location Services switched off, and if I go and look at the EXIF data for the photos, there is no location data encoded, so not sure what is going on in your case. I personally would never allow geotagging, as it increases your risk of theft (you have a picture that you upload somewhere and it contains something nice that you own along with exactly where it is located). Geotagging exposes yourself, your friends and your family to risk.

It's not some easy thing to just not declare some criminal past. It would be virtually impossible. If there are gaps on what you report, they want to know.

I disagree that it would be anything close to impossible, depending on where a person had lived. When you apply for an Australian resident visa, the authorities are reliant on you telling them where you were at various times (i.e. every address for the last 10 years), and then providing the certificates for those jurisdictions. I've done this myself and my data was sloppy as I couldn't even remember every address. Obviously they now have more electronic information than they ever did, but it is, I suspect, still imperfect. Honest people will list every address (or at least try to). Dishonest people quite obviously won't (as they certainly would be denied the visa if they did), and who knows how many slip through undetected? People move between countries using multiple passports, so it may not always clear exactly where a person is at any given time. The bottom line is that people with Australian visas may well have undetected (by Australia) criminal pasts, depending on when and where those offences took place. It is naive to think otherwise.

Some news sites say the photograph is on a phone, others specify that it's on a camera. There are articles that say both, such as one on the Guardian site. I wonder which is true, as "police found a camera in Stanford’s car last night (Wednesday) with photos of a burnt body" is a very specific thing to say, as is "Police allegedly found [...] photos of what is believed to be a burnt body on a mobile phone". There's a lot of difference in the kind of information that can be extracted from a phone vs a camera.

I don't know why I came back here & read this again today - Insp Gadget, why are you so insistent that Aaron has something to do with this?!? I can tell you right now that he has nothing to do with this. Az & Steph were born to be together. I don't care how many crime movies you've watched, or books you've read...you're completely off track on this one!

The reason they went after the cleaner - I refuse to use his name, he took our beautiful girl, he lost the right to be treated with respect - is because he drove past the school continually when the Police were there investigating her last known activities.

Mr Stanford has no criminal history and underwent standard police checks by Colin Joss & Co, which employed him

Fairfax Media has spoken to the proprietors of several local pubs and clubs in the town, but none had heard of Mr Stanford.

"It's really bizarre. Absolutely nobody knows him, and in a town this tiny, that's really strange," said Ashleigh Stockton, a receptionist at Leeton Soldier's Club.

"He's my age and I've lived here all my life but I have no idea who this guy is. It's a bit of a mystery."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/stephanie...o-himself-say-neighbours-20150409-1mhkxa.html

Thanks SydneyBec - we appreciate that you have come back. And Stephanie's sister is so right the beautiful girl's spirit will never be more than a quick look at her smile away!

Thanks SydneyBec - we appreciate that you have come back. And Stephanie's sister is so right the beautiful girl's spirit will never be more than a quick look at her smile away!

Exactly.

Welcome SydneyBec, I do hope you'll stick around even though it must be painful for you. Please know that the majority of us can see that Aaron is a gentle soul, totally in love with Stephanie, just from the pictures. I know we probably seem cold to you but we really do care.

As I said last night I know that Aaron had nothing to do with this.

Well, it said the email was written "from the school", but I wondered if it was actually just written from her email account, which might have been accessed outside of the school?
There's a good chance her work email was hooked up to her smartphone; all teachers I know email parents during holidays and over the weekend if they have reason to using their det.nsw.edu.au addresses and they're not (always) at school when they do it.

On my computer at school, I have the microsoft outlook client. Outside of school, I use webmail. I wonder if you can tell the difference in whether the email comes from the full outlook or webmail? Not all teachers use the outlook client- only teachers who have a dedicated computer at their school, or a laptop where they have set that up.

Thanks for that info Mel 1303. Something has to be up with that email, if the report that they're looking at a timeline of between 11am and 7.20pm for her murder.

Thanks, I can see that most of you are just trying to understand what's happened, like we all are. I just can't help but feel that Insp Gadget is trying to do everything they can to pin this on Aaron, & it's just not even within the realm of possibility. I have zero doubts whatsoever about Aarons innocence, & the fact that he even needs to be defended makes me incredibly sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654