Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...-divers-pull-laptop-from-leeton-canal/6383458
April 10, 2015 3:32PM

Police have said sightings of a white Toyota Hilux that belonged to Stephanie Scott’s accused killer are “critical” to their investigation.

The Hilux was seized on Wednesday night when detectives arrived at Vincent Stanford’s Leeton home to question him about Ms Scott’s disappearance.

Investigators are interested in sightings of the Hilux from Easter Sunday, when they believe Ms Scott was murdered, to Wednesday. Superintendent Michael Rowan wouldn’t say if he thought Ms Scott was killed in the vehicle.

“But it was in [Stanford’s] possession at that time.”

He would not be drawn on how police believe Ms Scott’s red Mazda 3 came to be abandoned in a field next to a vineyard, about 8km from Leeton — or how they believe Stanford got back from the rural location.

Asked if there could be a second person involved in the murder, Supt Rowan replied that was “pure speculation”.

BBM.

Oh, I get it. You're talking about her scheduled wedding day. I don't think it really matters, it will be horrible whenever it happens. I think they would rather know what happened sooner than later.

I'm still hoping there is no body. It could be animal blood in the car.
Didn't they say it was specifically her blood? They would have tested it. Even to just tell animal from human blood, the test takes a matter of minutes.

Oh yes, I think he has definitely thrown it in there, but my thinking is that it may not necessarily be hers....it may have been his, and there was something on it he wanted to get rid of...I'm just keeping an open mind right now. I think there is a great deal that isn't being reported in MSM.
Oh sorry, I totally get what you're saying now! Yeah I suppose that could be true. I just assumed it was a work laptop and he needed to get rid of it, I didn't even think that it could be his.

But if it had evidence on it (photos?) why would he toss it and keep his phone?

Ms Scott was last seen by a colleague at Leeton High School at 11am on Sunday morning, when she picked up a set of keys to get into a classroom so she could plan work for her students to do while she was on her honeymoon in Tahiti

Police allegedly found keys matching the description of those given to Ms Scott at his house.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ater-day-murdered-leetonVincent-Stanford.html

Did Stephanie meet the colleague at school to pick the keys up to open the classroom?

Didn't they say it was specifically her blood? They would have tested it. Even to just tell animal from human blood, the test takes a matter of minutes.
I haven't seen anything say it was her blood, just that "blood" was found. Could take a little while to test it? I'm not too sure...

Maybe just for the fact that, having the keys, he would have been a person who could have let her in to whatever part of the school she needed to be in? So he could have been a/the person she would have had contact with in some form, to get into the school.

But she was last seen at 11am at the school by the colleague who she borrowed the keys from. Why would the murderer contact the police to confirm he gave the keys to her at 11am?

Any person that may have seen a vehicle fitting this description … in Leeton or the greater Griffith area between Sunday lunchtime and Wednesday at about 7pm (should contact police).

We have that vehicle in our possession at the moment and obviously one of the key tasks in the inquiry at the moment is to locate the remains of Stephanie ...it (the ute) is critical to us.

http://www.coomaexpress.com.au/story/3002963/police-continue-search-for-stephanie-scott/?cs=12

Oh sorry, I totally get what you're saying now! Yeah I suppose that could be true. I just assumed it was a work laptop and he needed to get rid of it, I didn't even think that it could be his.

But if it had evidence on it (photos?) why would he toss it and keep his phone?
Good question!

I'm thinking about other evidence too, like maybe google search results and things like that. This may be far fetched, but what if he'd been stalking her and had been on her facebook or had other things relating to her that would make him need to dispose of it.

I might be way off...but if it was hers, he could have just left it in her car?

But she was last seen at 11am at the school by the colleague who she borrowed the keys from. Why would the murderer contact the police to confirm he gave the keys to her at 11am?
I think it seems like it was another person who gave her the keys. I doubt they'd be using the accused's time of 11am as her "last seen" time....

The laptop made me think of the 12.59 email. Maybe he really did send it. From the laptop, putting his fingerprints all over it?

Just a thought that popped in my head.

Any idea why the state couldn't look into any possible criminal past from Holland, is that their laws or ours, does this happen with other foreigners who work in schools etc .. if yes, what's the point of doing background checks? Tonight would have been the night they'd all have set up the marquee and the bride and bridesmaids would have tested out a few cocktails and tried out the lights and jukebox in there .. there would have been the rehearsal and dinner with the family before hand .. one of the most heartbreaking crimes ever, and I dread to think what is coming with the discovery of her body :stormingmad:

Any idea why the state couldn't look into any possible criminal past from Holland, is that their laws or ours, does this happen with other foreigners who work in schools etc .. if yes, what's the point of doing background checks? Tonight would have been the night they'd all have set up the marquee and the bride and bridesmaids would have tested out a few cocktails and tried out the lights and jukebox in there .. there would have been the rehearsal and dinner with the family before hand .. one of the most heartbreaking crimes ever, and I dread to think what is coming with the discovery of her body :stormingmad:

Thats the thing - he was born in Australia so was a native so to speak who had lived overseas.

Thats the thing - he was born in Australia so was a native so to speak who had lived overseas.

So surely we should be able to check into someone's background if they've been overseas for awhile .. I mean he was there nearly his whole life, what if someone lived in the UK for 10 years, can we see if they were arrested or spent nearly the whole time in jail or whatever?

The murderer may not have contacted the police, they may have contacted him,Stephanie may have told her fiancée where she was getting key from, VS may have admitted giving her the keys, his dilemma may have begun when he had to explain how he got them back. The police said it was the inconsistencies in his story that aroused suspicions.
I lean more towards the crime scene starting at his house, school would seem riskier to me, but I guess being Easter Sunday, you wouldn't expect to see anyone, more reason to me that VS was the colleague who saw her/ gave her keys.

Two men said they saw a man matching her accused killer Vincent Stanford's description throw what looked like a bag holding a laptop into an irrigation channel on Sunday afternoon, the day police allege the 26-year-old bride-to-be was murdered.

'I saw the car and the bloke running back (after throwing away the bag). It happened around 3 or 4pm.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...red-leetonVincent-Stanford.html#ixzz3WtIW3dz3

Hopefully the police have found the bag.

But still they only investigated him back to the time he returned to Australia, 13 months ago. It doesn't seem an adequate check, citizen or not.

Maybe he's being set up.

I wrote that before I read that it was definitely a teacher colleague who gave her the keys.

So surely we should be able to check into someone's background if they've been overseas for awhile .. I mean he was there nearly his whole life, what if someone lived in the UK for 10 years, can we see if they were arrested or spent nearly the whole time in jail or whatever?

You should be able to check - but apparently they don't for working with children checks. It hard to believe that somebody went from no offending to kidnap?/murder/disposing of a body without any prior offences.

Yep. I keep having an inkling this was slightly personal. I dont think it was planned but i think the motive will be interesting.

I'm thinking the same thing. Perhaps VS had a crush on Stephanie and knew that she was due to be married soon. As someone else mentioned earlier, if VS couldn't have her, no-one could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne