Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it seems like it was another person who gave her the keys. I doubt they'd be using the accused's time of 11am as her "last seen" time....

Exactly. Logically there is no way it was VS.

I wrote that before I read that it was definitely a teacher colleague who gave her the keys.
No worries :)

I would like to know how long the colleague was at the school for. It would certainly answer a lot of questions!

Good question!

I'm thinking about other evidence too, like maybe google search results and things like that. This may be far fetched, but what if he'd been stalking her and had been on her facebook or had other things relating to her that would make him need to dispose of it.
I might be way off...but if it was hers, he could have just left it in her car?

BBM. Good point Freya.

Good question!

I'm thinking about other evidence too, like maybe google search results and things like that. This may be far fetched, but what if he'd been stalking her and had been on her facebook or had other things relating to her that would make him need to dispose of it.

I might be way off...but if it was hers, he could have just left it in her car?

Definitely a possibility. Good thoughts!

You should be able to check - but apparently they don't for working with children checks. It hard to believe that somebody went from no offending to kidnap?/murder/disposing of a body without any prior offences.

Oh that's just GENIUS .. way to go government!! LOL .. not for kids eh .. okey dokey then .. it is possible he had no priors, but it will be interesting to see regardless.

Or he recorded whatever he "did" to her on the laptop/ipad ( but than why not destroy the phone as well?? )

You should be able to check - but apparently they don't for working with children checks. It hard to believe that somebody went from no offending to kidnap?/murder/disposing of a body without any prior offences.

That is a good point. How often do we hear of someone being murdered and it turns out the offender had a history? It's more common than not.
Every criminal has a first offence but it's rarely murder, especially of this sensational nature.

Or... when there is no criminal history, there is history between offender and victim...

Or he recorded whatever he "did" to her on the laptop/ipad ( but than why not destroy the phone as well?? )

I think they may be able to recover whatever was on the laptop. If anything was online, they probably know by now.

I assume that the laptop/ipad would have no use to the cops now? Can any data be retrieved?

The information stored on the HDD wouldn't necessarily be destroyed or unobtainable. Depends on if the laptop was damaged in any other ways. A regular HDD is vacuum sealed and should be water tight for that length of time.

If it was an SSD it would be more iffy.

Just found this:

http://www.criticaldata.ie/liquid-damaged-hard-drive-repair-dublin/

However, if a drive has been subjected to sustained liquid submersion, it’s a different story. The picture below shows a Fujitsu 2.5″ Laptop Hard Drive that was submersed in sea water for a period of 4 weeks:

This drive had suffered extreme water damage and has been badly corroded internally. Despite our best efforts with this drive, it was not recoverable. This drive was in a laptop that had been maliciously damaged and then thrown into a river. The platter had been damaged prior to the water submersion.

The following photographs show drives that had been flooded and submersed in river water. These drives spent approximately 48 hours underwater. As can be seen, the water had breached the drive seal and has contaminated the drive. Components inside the drive had begun corroding but the platter

was intact and largely unaffected. The drive was thoroughly cleaned and the platter was swapped into a new housing. The heads and associated components were replaced and the drive was successfully recovered.

Good to see you here Trooper...................surely someone, somewhere, saw something!

Don't underestimate our wonderful boyz in blue.

1) They got him
2) Someone did see him ditching the laptop
3) His prints & DNA in her car, laptop & shoe prints from her car to road.
4) Her blood & DNA in his car
5) There were many yellow evidence tags around his garage, Stephanie's DNA in washing machine.
6) Phone pings? SS's phone was turned off.
7) Mazda car keys & school keys in his possession? (?) can I believe MSM?

I've got mixed feelings if the police find Stephanie's body tomorrow on the day of the wedding.

Could the Mazda run out of fuel before he could hide it properly? Was he intending to take it in further and maybe drive it into a canal? Just that part appears half cocked to me.

The twin brother has his FB profile pic on DM and the main page of ninemsn.com.au. Methinks someone from DM was reading here last night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...her-mum-arriving-town-just-13-months-ago.html

If they were reading here you'd think they could have taken a hint and preserved the brother's privacy a bit. I think it's revolting of them to have copied and posted his photo and one of his posts and published them - the poor guy. Plus made a point of quoting that the brothers were so identical.
MSM muddying the waters - no wonder facts are hard to keep straight here, as they seem to be just copying and pasting from each other and losing a day here, a quote there, as they go.

This crime is so messy, he tries to get rid of the laptop in broad daylight but keeps his camera with photographic evidence on it. He keeps her keys and doesn't do a good job of cleaning the blood evidence in his car (you would think a cleaner would know better!!!)

So why the laptop?

Hopefully whatever evidence he was trying to destroy isn't, and there is something incriminating on the hard drive the police can use to put pressure on him to give it up.

If they were reading here you'd think they could have taken a hint and preserved the brother's privacy a bit. I think it's revolting of them to have copied and posted his photo and one of his posts and published them - the poor guy. Plus made a point of quoting that the brothers were so identical.
MSM muddying the waters - no wonder facts are hard to keep straight here, as they seem to be just copying and pasting from each other and losing a day here, a quote there, as they go.

When I looked, there was a black rectangle over his face in the DM article. Also a FB search of Victor or Vincent didn't show anyone outside the states. So, I don't know about brother's privacy being breached.

Just found this:

http://www.criticaldata.ie/liquid-damaged-hard-drive-repair-dublin/

The following photographs show drives that had been flooded and submersed in river water. These drives spent approximately 48 hours underwater. As can be seen, the water had breached the drive seal and has contaminated the drive. Components inside the drive had begun corroding but the platter

was intact and largely unaffected. The drive was thoroughly cleaned and the platter was swapped into a new housing. The heads and associated components were replaced and the drive was successfully recovered.

Exactly. Unless the laptop was pre-damaged, I think the info will be intact. So if he did it just to try and make sure something on there was unrecoverable unless he took steps to break the internal seals first, he's out of luck I'd say.

I assume that the laptop/ipad would have no use to the cops now? Can any data be retrieved?

Unless he attacked the platter with an electric drill (in the case of an HDD) or alternatively smashed the SSD into little bits, there is a high probability of data recovery. He doesn't seem switched on enough to have wiped it such that it not be recoverable (despite it being fairly easy to do).

Same, that's the first I have heard of deputy head.

Yes - I remembered reading it as it was quoting her mother. Could be LE wanted to keep quiet on who saw her last so the person wouldn't be hounded by press and they could keep an eye on him in case he was involved? Now obviously he was not involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne