Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My early thoughts are similar i.e. murderer, macabre fascination, trophy photographs, potential serial killer? If so, these fantasies can develop years earlier ... no doubt the police will have their forensic criminologists on this case. Where else has he been? What else has he done?

I agree with your thoughts here. I am wondering whether VS had become obsessed with SS for some time as he had been cleaning at the school since October, 2014 not that cleaners are usually there when staff are there as they clean at night usually. IMO he could have been stalking her without her realising it. He could have known where she lived and that her fiancee was away that Easter if his car was missing. He could have been watching her movements the whole time waiting for the best opportunity for her to be alone.

One idea is that SS may not have locked her car as it was in the school grounds. He had seen her drive into the school so he walked to the school and hid in the back of her car waiting for her. After 1pm (when that email was sent), VS could have threatened her with a weapon and told her to drive him to his home and park her car in his garage and then get into his car where the violence later occurred leading to death as blood was found in his car and not reported anywhere else. He then drove the body to the bush where he burnt it, took a photo of it, and then dumped the body in Cocoparra National Park. I am not sure when in this sequence of events he dumped the iPad and left the gasolene can (as he would have needed the gasolene to burn the body) so my guess is he did that on his way home again at 4pm. Could all this have been done in those three hours? He then washed his clothes, hung them out and probably tried to clean his car but missed some of the blood. He probably moved her car on the Wednesday from his garage to the field before his mother and brother arrived home.

Whatever. It is still too early to be inventing entire scenarios. Speculation is permitted, but it's not supposed to be presented as fact.

I'm still working on my stamp.

I agree. Some of the speculation is just stupid

A few ABS statistics on Homicide for those suggesting there is a murder epidemic in Australia. Notable that 2 in 3 are in a domestic setting and 2 in 3 victims are male. Overall, the murder rate has been dropping year on year.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4510.0main+features82013

Not to take away anything from how repulsive it is when crimes like the murder of Stephanie Scott occur, we can be thankful that they are uncommon -- which is why they are such big news.
Those stats are also 2yrs old....I can recall 6 people murdered all within a week in and around Melbourne, but yet your trying to say there is a decrease in the statistics [emoji53]

I think you're right..the ABN for bp studios and teambps show a Dutch connection as does a Whois search on those domain names. It could be totally off but it's just weird that there is no back story yet on VS...I know it doesn't change the horror that has happened but I think part of this sleuthing is just trying to comprehend 'why':(

Hi, dropping in. The twitter posted leads to a newer twitter account that then if you look at the followers leads to an account and website (that won't load) that is clearly the twin brother. So the LinkedIn account as posted earlier can pretty well be confirmed as the arrested VS in this case.

Hi all, I've been following along. I was so shocked by the outcome of this case, convinced as was the family that her car was in a ditch somewhere. What actually happened to her seems so far fetched and shocking. So sad.

Who is this guy and what is his history? He has certainly left a blazing trail of incriminating evidence and witnesses, if it wasn't so horrifically tragic, it would almost be a comedy of errors. He has no way out of this.

I definitely lean towards opportunistic, whether he was at the school for other reasons, or saw her car there and recognized it and made a very bad decision. Taking photos indicates psychopathy to me .. assuming "proof of a job done" has been completely ruled out. There has to be signs in his history, surely. Someone needs to go to the Netherlands and dig! I wonder if the police will do this?

He's evil and also really dumb. He made so many errors.
Wonder what he thinks of his family giving him up?
For identical twins to be estranged is pretty unusual. This guy must be an unusually uncharismatic individual to not only have no friends but effectively no family either. To have turned off even your own identical twin must take a special kind of loser.
I'm wondering where everyone is getting this about the twins being estranged? As far as I've read, it has only been mentioned on here as a THEORY. Has this been confirmed anywhere?

I do not think it is at all odd for his twin to not mention him in his Facebook posts. That is the sole reason why people started theorizing that they MIGHT not be in contact.

I am close with my sister, but she doesn't use Facebook, and hence I have no reason to ever mention her there. I mention people who are on Facebook by tagging them in photos, posts etc.

The fact that VS does not have a Facebook account would be the reason his brother doesn't mention him in his posts.

Just my 2c :)

I'm taking the back bench with theories for this case because there is something just niggling at me. I can't put my finger on it yet. Guess we will have to wait and see. Such sad photos. They really must be a strong family.
I feel the same way. Something.........

Time will tell.

This is the worst case ever, just the worst. I can't believe he wont even tell them where she is. I just can't even stand the news reports on this one, just rips your heart out. I can't help thinking of Jill M too, and I wonder if her husband will reach out to Stephanie's fiance, I tend to hope so, nobody else could understand what each has gone though :( :( :(

I have been thinking exactly the same as you, and also thought of Jill M's husband and how he must be feeling seeing another family suffering like this. This case is just so unfair, and all day I have been thinking about the wedding that never happened and of how awful it all is. Also thinking of Whitney Heischel - another beautiful young lady who left behind a partner who loved her deeply.

I'm wondering where everyone is getting this about the twins being estranged? As far as I've read, it has only been mentioned on here as a THEORY. Has this been confirmed anywhere?

I do not think it is at all odd for his twin to not mention him in his Facebook posts. That is the sole reason why people started theorizing that they MIGHT not be in contact.

I am close with my sister, but she doesn't use Facebook, and hence I have no reason to ever mention her there. I mention people who are on Facebook by tagging them in photos, posts etc.

The fact that VS does not have a Facebook account would be the reason his brother doesn't mention him in his posts.

Just my 2c :)

This is what I came to post. I can't find any evidence that they were actually estranged?

This is what I came to post. I can't find any evidence that they were actually estranged?
Neither can I. Only some speculative comments in the media which I think are reading way too much into the Facebook thing.

I really think it's just grown from a possible scenario posted here to now being posted as fact, when it's not.

I read on social media a comment about VS being drunk when it happened and that he's really a nice guy. Naturally, the poster was abused for saying he was 'nice'. But the part about being drunk stuck in my mind and might help make sense of what happened.

I'm wondering about the ipad.

Why would he go to go the trouble of throwing it in the channel? Is there something incriminating on it? and what happened to the rest of Stephanie's things, did she have a handbag, some kind of briefcase if she was going to do some work, where is her phone etc.

Have I missed if this has been made public yet.

I'm wondering about the ipad.

Why would he go to go the trouble of throwing it in the channel? Is there something incriminating on it? and what happened to the rest of Stephanie's things, did she have a handbag, some kind of briefcase if she was going to do some work, where is her phone etc.

Have I missed if this has been made public yet.

Hasn't been made public whether these items have been found or not or whether they were burnt also (my guess). Maybe the laptop/ipad wasn't noticed till later.

Didn't the police officer say that VS's phone was not used in the investigation? Could the triangulation have come from Stephanie's phone? He could've burned everything with her, realised he still had the iPad and chucked that??

I read on social media a comment about VS being drunk when it happened and that he's really a nice guy. Naturally, the poster was abused for saying he was 'nice'. But the part about being drunk stuck in my mind and might help make sense of what happened.

Inebriated? Does not fit the actions the execution of this crime took. If this perpetrator acted alone? ... then IMO his actions demonstrate calculation: he allegedly abducted his victim, raped and murdered her, concealed her body, travelled to an area to dispose of her ipad, travelled unseen to known, isolated bushland with her body, organised himself to burn it to cover up what he had done, execute the burning; then took photographs of his work, travelled back unseen, disposed of the gas can, returned home, washed his clothes and hung them out to dry. He had concealed her body and covered up his crime. If he is the perpetrator, he is responsible for executing a calculated crime IMO.

I noticed the outline on the burnt patch of ground too. :( Makes it even more eerie.
He didn't really attempt to hide the body all that much. When Emma Partridge refers to burning the body 'to hide his crime', what do people take that as referring to? Rape? He can't hide that it's a body and dna/other tests will get to the bottom of who it is, so what else is there to hide with burning?
I reckon he'd have had to be more than just drunk if indeed he was under the influence of some substance. If drunk, he'd have had to be so drunk that it would have impaired his ability to drive, walk, run and witnesses did not report him as staggering near the canal. Could well be under the influence of some other substance though.ub

I noticed the outline on the burnt patch of ground too. :( Makes it even more eerie.
He didn't really attempt to hide the body all that much. When Emma Partridge refers to burning the body 'to hide his crime', what do people take that as referring to? Rape? He can't hide that it's a body and dna/other tests will get to the bottom of who it is, so what else is there to hide with burning?
I reckon he'd have had to be more than just drunk if indeed he was under the influence of some substance. If drunk, he'd have had to be so drunk that it would have impaired his ability to drive, walk, run and witnesses did not report him as staggering near the canal. Could well be under the influence of some other sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne