Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm even more confused than before. A lot of people have asked can you be arrested for murder without the body being found? Someone else said a law was brought in a few years back to allow LE to arrest people with sufficient evidence. Does anyone know what the evidence would have to be? Would a confession cut it?

I also saw somewhere that he was known to her through the school in some way or another (they didn't specify how).

I'm still holding out hope until I can't anymore.

In the US, if there is a crime scene with significant blood, there can be a murder charge without a body. That is one example. But as you say, confession is most likely, Imo.

Man in custody over missing bride-to-be

LA MAN is expected to be charged over the murder of Leeton bride-to-be Stephanie Scott who disappeared on Easter Sunday.
A 24-YEAR-OLD man was arrested on Wednesday evening at a home on Maiden Avenue in Leeton in southwest NSW.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...sing-bride-to-be/story-e6frfku9-1227296404986

He was associated with the school-I wonder if Stephanie was attacked/abducted at the school.

Makes me think that something was amiss at the school for them to find a suspect so quickly!
I just hope it was quick :(

As for charges with no bodies, they may well have phone tapped suspects as well as their family and friends.

It's going to take a long time for the school community to come back from this...

How do you know this? Your friend in the area?

Ah just saw the other posts. Bit slow on the uptake!

How sad :(

Yes, my friend didn't know her, and her son goes to the other high school, but they had a lot of mutual friends and it's a small community.

We've spent hours talking about it, it's just so awful :(

I wonder if he was who she got the keys from. This is just so heartbreaking.

I wonder if behind the scenes the police were working away at it - would explain why it appeared they weren't doing much.

This is s**t. I really hope by some miracle she's alive..

Sorry about the bad language ;)

Vincent Stanford a cleaner at the school.
Police can't find her car.
Vincent Stanford is the owner of the white Toyota ute which police have been searching for.
Police will be making a statement later today

This is not the news I expected to wake up to :(

I saw the posts wondering who was with her at school and I knew they wouldn't have any CCTV footage to help them, but I didn't really think anything would come of it.

Why was the cleaner at school on Easter Sunday??

Jmbr that is better than the thought they didn't care because she was a 'runaway bride'. I hope that's the case and maybe that's why they know her fate and can arrest a suspect without the body.

This is not the news I wanted to wake up to.

This is not the news I expected to wake up to :(

I saw the posts wondering who was with her at school and I knew they wouldn't have any CCTV footage to help them, but I didn't really think anything would come of it.

Why was the cleaner at school on Easter Sunday??

I work at a school, and it isn't unusual for schools to be open all sorts of days, including public holidays, as the pressure on teachers and pupils is horrendous these days. My school has had an Easter School taking place all week, and my friend has been going into her school to do marking for 8 hours a day this week.

I agree it is strange to be in school on Easter Sunday, but cleaners sometimes act as caretakers too, so check out the site frequently, respond to alarms going off, open up for teachers and so on.

However, in this case, I wouldn't imagine he was there for any innocent reason.

I was thinking, seeing as they are looking for two cars now.. Maybe he said something to her like "I need to drop my car to (somewhere) do you think you could follow me there and then drop me home?" And then because she didn't have anything planned and thought she could trust her colleague, she agreed.. That would explain why both cars are being searched for and sounds plausible to lead her somewhere else from the school with her car.. Just some thoughts

They must have found a lot of evidence to be able to make an arrest so quickly and without the body.

This is bloody terrible.

I work at a school, and it isn't unusual for schools to be open all sorts of days, including public holidays, as the pressure on teachers and pupils is horrendous these days. My school has had an Easter School taking place all week, and my friend has been going into her school to do marking for 8 hours a day this week.

I agree it is strange to be in school on Easter Sunday, but cleaners sometimes act as caretakers too, so check out the site frequently, respond to alarms going off, open up for teachers and so on.

However, in this case, I wouldn't imagine he was there for any innocent reason.
Schools in Australia are not open on public holidays, even though teachers might be there.

Cleaners here work either right after the afternoon bell or they clean early in the morning. There is NO WAY a cleaning company would pay for their workers to get penalty rates on Easter Sunday. They give their cleaners something like 9 minutes to mop, vacuum, dust and clean each room because they're so tight. Yes teachers do thousands of extra hours, but cleaners do not. And teachers have their own keys. BTW the Principal is the one who responds to alarms.

I would be interested to know which company he worked for.

Oh no :(
Yesterday I started to type a post about how creepy schools were if you were there alone. I'm a teacher and it's quite common for staff to go in and get some work done during weekends or holidays, but unless there are others around I always end up locking myself in my room.
I believe the police would have been working away at this all along. People always underestimate them when they don't hear many details in msm, but I think they are very careful about any info they release these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper