Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
nn1hs1.png

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...f0609b573fee540!2m2!1d146.237054!2d-34.144398

Closure for the family - it is too sad that they have to come to grips with this.

This crime scene is almost as big as the state - he certainly was a frantic crim. Good work Police! You guys are amazing!

OMG feeling so sick and sad. That poor poor girl. My heart goes out to her family

Well done to the police. They got you, you despicable creature!

Oh my God, her poor fiance. He should be thinking about his big day tomorrow, and instead this is the news he gets.

Hope you rot in :jail: you . Thinking of all Steph's loved ones :crying::crying:

I'm still confused about the family background, the twins were born in Tasmania. However I'm assuming the mother was actually Dutch as the article posted by Angeline above says she had to do English Language training in Canberra. Even after 20 years abroad, a native English speaker doesn't lose that do they. So are they expats or was she a Dutch woman who had kids while visiting Australia? This probably isn't important but I too am curious about their decision to move to Leeton of all places.
I reckon she's definitely Dutch - who knows what she was doing in Tasmania and how long she had been there or under what circumstances, prior to having the kids. If the surname is Stanford, well that's Anglo Saxon, so just guessing that that name comes from the father of the kids. Maybe someone she met and married in Tasmania, and that 'Mr Stanford' is/was an AUssie? Or, he was overseas, met her in Holland or elsewhere then they decided to hook up and moved to Tasmania (he could have been from Tasmania or they just chose to go there for some other reason). Then something obviously happened to that relationship not too long into all three boys coming along and she took them back to Holland??? Just my guess at one scenario.

Rip Stephanie. I hope her family have a strong support network around them at this time :(

A crime scene is in place at the location with forensic police combing the area.

It is understood he [Stanford] has not been assisting police after they found images of a burned body on a camera allegedly in Stanford's white Toyota Hilux.

It is understood police used a triangulation based off Stanford's phone to narrow down a search area for Ms Scott's body.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ound-in-nsw-national-park#KKVocCk1byG6fbZM.99

**** I did suspect cocoparra.. I drive through this Forrest every day on the way to work.. it's basically the biggest Forrest around and I did mention it earlier in the thread. Very isolated, very large, but lots of easily accessible tracks, even to standard 2wd cars.

http://www.news.com.au/national/ste...orth-of-griffith/story-fncynjr2-1227299341718

Road crews were doing work today on a large section of the road through the forrest, I wonder if they stumbled across it. The forrest is very distinct, I suspect the pictures would have given clues as to the location. That's so odd though because I didn't see any police at all when I drove through the forrest and it would have been about 5pm as I left work, which is apparently when they found her.

I can't believe I've driven past her all this week. I feel sick. I hope at least the family might get some kind of closure, not that it will mean much.

Rot in hell to the murderer. I know the justice system isn't strong enough to give him the punishment he deserves, but hopefully the prison system can assist.

Rip Stephanie :( :( I feel for all her loved ones.

I hope that putrid mongrel rots in hell.

Thank you for posting all the updates everyone.

Some bittersweet closure for the family. Seems like he wasn't a very smart criminal - everyone these days knows how easy it is for police to trace your phone movements!

Just a thought about whether he has a previous criminal history in Holland and if so how was he allowed in, its always possible he did commit a crime (murder) over there but was never caught and the mother decided it was best to move to Australia. Maybe she thought he wouldn't get caught that way. Could explain the reason for the brother not wanting to live with them

RIP Stephanie

Such sad news on the eve of what should have been the happiest day of her life.

I am glad they have found her but have an overwhelming sense of sadness for her Fiancé Aaron and her family and friends.

May Stephanie now be able to rest in piece.

Well done NSW police.

The timeline works out too.. Witness sees him throw the laptop into the canal around 4pm. Hes believed to have returned home around 7.20pm, 3 hour round trip. He must have had her dead body in the ute at that stage. I imagine he had already moved her car somewhere by then. Im thinking he must have moved her car again, i just dont see how he could have had enough time to kill her, clean up, dump her body 70km away AND dump her car and get back by 7.20pm. Either he moved it at a later date OR he had help. I suppose it is possible he moved her car first, it doesnt give him a lot of time though but that could explain his sloppiness.

She should be having some champagne with her mum, sisters and bridesmaids right now. Not this :(

Nick Dole live from Leeton on phone ...

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/abc-news-24/NS1413V001S00#playing

Police will hold a media briefing tomorrow at 9:30am [presumably for the official confirmation].

Police have received a plethora of information.

They have not yet officially confirmed the body is Stephanie, or that the laptop is hers, but it is known that they have been searching for her [so natural assumptions have been made].

I barely own any yellow at all, but tomorrow I will find something - anything - and wear it, even though Stephanie's family only requested that people attending the park gathering in Leeton do so. I'm sure they won't mind. I will be there in spirit, sending my love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx