Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The timeline works out too.. Witness sees him throw the laptop into the canal around 4pm. Hes believed to have returned home around 7.20pm, 3 hour round trip. He must have had her dead body in the ute at that stage. I imagine he had already moved her car somewhere by then. Im thinking he must have moved her car again, i just dont see how he could have had enough time to kill her, clean up, dump her body 70km away AND dump her car and get back by 7.20pm. Either he moved it at a later date OR he had help. I suppose it is possible he moved her car first, it doesnt give him a lot of time though but that could explain his sloppiness.

If the car was in his garage from Sunday until the early hours of Wednesday morning, when he moved it, the timeline makes enough sense I think?

What you say about her body being in the vehicle when he dumped the laptop makes perfect sense but somehow makes it seem even more horrible. That witnesses to the laptop dumping had no idea at the time it was so sinister.

Looks like we got us a convoy!

(Nearly) All the Baden-Clay crew is back. { :websleuther: }

I is happy.
:seeya:

:grouphug:

2u8ce4w.jpg

:rose:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

What a sad sad story. Cant imagine how the family and and fiance can survive. Hearts and love goes out to them all.

Exactly. Unless the laptop was pre-damaged, I think the info will be intact. So if he did it just to try and make sure something on there was unrecoverable unless he took steps to break the internal seals first, he's out of luck I'd say.

The laptop could have been the weapon or with traces of blood, prints or both DNA.

Looks like we got us a convoy!

(Nearly) All the Baden-Clay crew is back. { :websleuther: }

I is happy.
:seeya:

:grouphug:
It's great to see familiar faces - sad that it's under these horrible circumstances :(

someone else suggested that was the likely reason for the specific time of 7.20 xantara. Makes sense imo.

The police said they are looking at five crime scenes. Correct if I'm wrong but we have

1. The school
2. VS house
3. Where steph's car was found
4. Where her body is located (unknown)
5. ?

I hope police have thoroughly searched every, every nook and cranny of that very large school before those children return. Science labs, PE areas, home economic cabinets, lockers......a cleaner would know every cupboard.

There has got to be more to VS's story!
I cannot believe the entire family left the Netherlands to pursue a lowly cleaning job in Australia. He is old enough not to follow his mother to Australia if she was the impetus behind the move. (Career move for a nurse - better wages ? arriving with nothing to start again at 50+ not ideal?)

Unskilled labour is a hard road in Australia - many skilled immigrants have issues with finding suitable employment with their qualifications. Even more strange that they decided on Leeton???

The twin brother cleared off right away and has no contact.

Sounds like VS was attempting to make a clean start ----- well he stuffed that up! Hmmmm are there any criminal reasons where you can be deported from Holland to the country of your birth?

I don't think there is anything remarkable about moving back to Australia. Afterall, the accused was born in Tasmania and obviously, that means he is an Australian citizen.

Many European countries have entered long recessions and the Netherlands wasnt spared in that regard. It isn't surprising that one would choose to leave under those circumstances. Especially if you are already an Australian citizen. Many people coming from that environment would be greatful just to have a job, even a 'lowly' cleaning job as you put it.

I believe the mother is a nurse, in that case, it would be easier for her to find employment in more regional/remote towns. Also, the cost of living would be a lot cheaper as well with regards to house prices.

I don't see this guy as having a long history of criminal offending. I see this as more maybe this guy had a fascination with this girl and just snapped if she refused his advances or something like that.

By all accounts, the accused was an introvert and he probably found it hard to make friends and meet girls etc. It isn't hard to imagine him developing a fascination with an attractive teacher of similar age.

Some bittersweet closure for the family. Seems like he wasn't a very smart criminal - everyone these days knows how easy it is for police to trace your phone movements!

Just a thought about whether he has a previous criminal history in Holland and if so how was he allowed in, its always possible he did commit a crime (murder) over there but was never caught and the mother decided it was best to move to Australia. Maybe she thought he wouldn't get caught that way. Could explain the reason for the brother not wanting to live with them

RIP Stephanie

I think this theory is a bit outlandish.

I think the more likely scenario is that a dire recession caused the family to up and move as has been happening for many years all around the world.

And Im also not clear on how police got onto him to begin with, to even ask him about alibis? One person on here said something about him catching the attnetion of police because he apparently kept driving around the school in his ute while police were there investigating, but i have not heard or read that anywhere else. Do you think he would just have initially been scooped up with all the people who worked at the school, whether teachers or cleaners? I don;t see how he would have stood out as anyone significant from the get go (before his alibi didnt tee up), unless he had been stalking her and Stephanie had been aware and maybe mentioned something to her friends or family??

Police found the Mazda Thursday morning (1 WSer said locals said it was NOT there Wednesday)

WAS VS ARRESTED BEFORE THURSDAY who put it there if he was in custody?

Just saw the dreadful news :(
This Sydney Morning Herald article describes VS's mother and brother assisting police in finding Stephanie's remains

It is understood the mother of accused killer Vincent Stanford, 24, helped lead police to where she thought her son allegedly dumped the remains of Ms Scott.

Fairfax Media understands the national park, just north of Griffith, was a regular place the Stanford family would travel to for camping trips.

A source has said Mr Vincent's brother Marcus has also been helping police with their investigations.

Earlier on Friday members of the Leeton Volunteer Rescue Association discovered a gasoline can they believe may be linked to Ms Scott's death.

It was found not far from an irrigation channel where police divers discovered a red lap-top believed to belong to the 26-year-old school teacher.

And of course they have found a gasoline can too.

Police found the Mazda Thursday morning (1 WSer said locals said it was NOT there Wednesday)

WAS VS ARRESTED BEFORE THURSDAY who put it there if he was in custody?

Again, I could be wrong, but I thought he was taken into custody on Wednesday evening, then charged Thursday morning? Lots of misinformation has been repeated all around, and by people who should know better (sloppy journalists) - plus everything has just happened so fast in the past 2 days. NSW police have really been outstanding I think.

Just wondering whether anyone out there thinks that a second person could have been involved here?
The more I think about the logistics with the cars, the more perplexed I am about how one person could have just whisked both cars away!
And for VS to evidently not be talking to police ... Could he be protecting someone (apart from himself)?

I thought maybe he called someone to give him a lift back into town or did he hitch a ride (was it 8 klms out of town?) The phone service out that way may be dodgy.

Three days after Ms Scott vanished, police will allege they found holes in Mr Stanford's alibi and took him into Leeton police station for questioning on Wednesday night.
Sydney Morning Herald, April 10
I believe that's correct, and perhaps someone was misinformed about the area where the car was eventually found being clear the evening before. The police were already at VS's house talking to family members when he arrived home and was questioned. Who knows where he had been or what he had been doing.

I hope nobody else was involved or helped him cover up.

Just saw the dreadful news :(
This Sydney Morning Herald article describes VS's mother and brother assisting police in finding Stephanie's remains

And of course they have found a gasoline can too.

Interesting that the twin brother is helping police too. I wonder in what way? If he's in Adelaide, you'd think he wouldn't have that much recent, local knowledge of the goings on in Leeton, let alone the events associated with Stephanie?? Maybe there IS some kind of history there with VS, of which information from the twin is of some interest or relevance??.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne