Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point still stands. Every if they had almost nothing with them when they arrived in town, it doesn't mean that they brought nothing with them. Their household possessions might still have been in transit or held up in customs.

HOUSE AT CENTRE OF CRIME PROBE

They arrived in Australia with little more than a few bags and mattresses and yesterday the house still appeared to be bare and in disarray.

From a distance kitty litter and clothes could be seen strewn around the house — a sign of the thorough searches carried out by detectives and forensic officers investigating the murder of Stephanie Scott.

Packing boxes still sit in the front office and the lounge room has two small couches and a wooden dining setting.

In the backyard, an axe, firewood and mountain bike sit in the small open shed.

The family was given permission to return home, but they had not done so by late yesterday afternoon.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...f-alleged-killer/story-fnii5s3x-1227300863592

I did read on here that police had confiscated his computer, so maybe they know about his 'gaming'?

Locals’ grief over Stephanie Scott is turning to anger

One of Ms Salerno’s workmates cleaned at the school alongside Mr Stanford for the past four months. “She said he was quiet and seemed all right but other cleaners said he was strange ... he didn’t have friends and stuck to himself,” she said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...turning-to-anger/story-e6frg6n6-1227300747826

Amee, any chance u could copy n paste that article? Requires a subscription at my end to view it via the link.

I hope they can establish a cause of death or at least identify definite injuries unlike Allison Baden Clay due to soft tissue damage from her body not being found for 10 days. Could be the difference between murder or manslaughter at the end of the day.

GBC's trial would have been a lot shorter had the defence not had the opportunity because of no cause of death to raise the suicide theory which half the trial was spent on.

I hope they can establish a cause of death or at least identify definite injuries unlike Allison Baden Clay due to soft tissue damage from her body not being found for 10 days. Could be the difference between murder or manslaughter at the end of the day.

GBC's trial would have been a lot shorter had the defence not had the opportunity because of no cause of death to raise the suicide theory which half the trial was spent on.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...hanie-scott-died/story-fns0kb1g-1227301284546
POLICE hope to learn how Stephanie Scott was killed after a post-mortem is completed this morning... The article refers to "her badly charred remains".

Hi Ali, I think that the photo of the badly burnt body, whether it be on a camera per se, or a phone, would show the date/time that it was taken. Then his activities can be worked back by investigators to establish his movements to Cocoparra.

Hi Ali, I think that the photo of the badly burnt body, whether it be on a camera per se, or a phone, would show the date/time that it was taken. Then his activities can be worked back by investigators to establish his movements to Cocoparra.

Yes hope so KG1. good to see you. Seems like they will have lots of evidence against VS but a cause of death is important. He could say he accidentally killed her then panicked and burnt her body. Taking the photo isn't itself direct evidence of intention to kill as it was after the event. It's obviously wouldn't look good to a jury though as they would see him as a sick SOB.

Apparently people with nothing better to do than whine about slight infractions to their ideal of feminist politics are slamming the media for using the term "bride to be". This journo has her head on straight.. calling for people to not use Stephanie's murder as a platform for this sort of PC nitpickery.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...-stephanie-scott/story-fns0kb1g-1227297966861

Yeah that's one thing, but this is genuinely quite offensive IMO >

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts-...-man/d61257c7-359f-4eeb-81be-e56ae6f0df2d.htm

I really think the police do an amazing job but couldn't this have been expeditied just a tad, they arrested him Wednesday and only today they decide to call the Netherlands to find out if his record is clean?????

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...-in-fear-after-stephanie-scott-murder/6387256

Stephanie Scott: Police urge Leeton community not to live in fear after teacher's death
Updated 31 minutes ago

School cleaner Vincent Stanford, 24, has been charged with Ms Scott's murder and remains in custody... Griffith Local Area Commander Superintendent Michael Rowan said there was no evidence others were involved with the crime..."This is a particularly harrowing crime. It's traumatic for everyone involved," he said...

We don't know where the mother and brother were on Sunday. If there were blood droplets in the drive, maybe they noticed other things around the house and called the police themselves.

This is what I was thinking too.. maybe it was them who called the police in the first place. If he murdered her at his house there was likely blood in the house somewhere and outside.

This is what I was thinking too.. maybe it was them who called the police in the first place. If he murdered her at his house there was likely blood in the house somewhere and outside.

I was just catch-up reading and saw a post where it was said something like police were called to the house before he got home, and the wording made me wonder if his family called the police.

They've certainly been nothing but helpful to the investigation, according to reports.

My point still stands. Every if they had almost nothing with them when they arrived in town, it doesn't mean that they brought nothing with them. Their household possessions might still have been in transit or held up in customs.

Very valid point. We came back to Australia after years of living overseas. We lived out of our suitcases, borrowed some bits and pieces from others, had to repurchase large furniture and white goods (which is not done immediately, as you are busy getting a place to live as well as getting established in your job)… and it was like 15 Christmases when our belongings all arrived a few months later in two huge shipping crates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member