Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this article is a good summary and seems relatively factual, compared to some of the wild and woolly stories reported elsewhere...
From this we learn a few things
- that police seem to think this was an opportunistic crime. How opportunistic? Totally unplanned and not at all premeditated? No preceding stalking? I wonder then, had it not been Stephanie, could it have been someone else?
- that it wasnt an isolated event for Vincent to enter the school grounds without being rostered to work there. Well that indicates that he had a dedicated set of keys to the school! I wonder how police came to the conclusion that he'd wandered in there before? Had someone seen him do it? If so, why had it not been reported/questioned and nothing done about it previously?
- Stephanie's car had been in that paddock for a few days.

I tend to get the feeling it was "opportunistic" too. I'd say it's not terribly normal for a school cleaner or maintenance worker to just wander into the grounds any old time. Maybe she came across him doing something (I don't know what) and it put him off guard. Maybe if it was the deputy principal who'd seen him first, it would be the deputy principal's name at the top of this thread instead.

first post... be gentle :)
Ok, I live and work in Leeton and yes, it is a shock to the community. I however am very curious about all this. No, it's not morbid curiosity at all - more annoyance that I can't work this out. Here is what is bugging me.

The High School in Mallee Street - although close to Maiden avenue is not a random drive past location (see picture).Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 6.42.57 am.png

It does not make sense that VS drove past and randomly saw her car. The road at the back of the School - Palm Avenue is a pretty busy thoroughfare (well for a country town) as Woolworths and Maccas' (sad but true) is on the other end and people either drive down the main street to get to those locations, or go the back way via Palm avenue. Either way, the School carpart is not in view from those roads - so it couldn't have just seen her car there.

It was reported that she was spotted in Woolworths earlier that morning, so it is my bet that he too was in Woolworths and spotted her (maybe in the checkout queue?) and i initially thought, started a conversation with her - but after reading this forum and other comments about his lack of social skills - probably just said hello. Either way, I suspect he then followed her car - probably accidentally from the carpark (as he too could go home that way via Palm avenue - although he would probably normally from woolworths go via acacia avenue). I then think that he saw her turn towards the High School and that prompted him (out of curiosity and boredom) to follow her. All in all, just **** bad timing for SS.

Where is gets confusing though is what happened then. If indeed he did follow her - why did he take to long to do anything (if the 12:59 email thing is correct?). That too also bugs me - if she had an Ipad - why did she not send the email from that and not the school PC ? Doesn't make sense. Emails these days get sent straight away - the don't sit in queues like they used to. She must have pressed send - he would not have. You don't shut down iPads - just close the cover (and there would be no prompt to 'send now' from outbox). So, let's assume he attacks her at the school. If he is as big and strong as they say - she doesn't stand a chance. But then what? There are two cars now and (presumably) a body. Ok, he is strong enough to carry the body - but he will be seen. It is a very popular area - people are always walking their dogs etc.

My guess is that he put the body in his car (blood found allegedly) and drove out to Griffith. It is about 45 minutes to an hours drive from Leeton and quite a busy road. He could not speed, as Police patrol the road regularly. So, in the meanwhile, SS car is at the School. The Police state that she was killed between 11am and 720pm - I believe at the High School they have security swipes so I again, I assume that they pulled the security records which shows someone swiping out at that time. This does not make sense. If indeed VS did the deed earlier rather than later - then why does he come back to the school (apart from having to get ss car) ? Was it to clean up the crime scene - to get her iPad?

I can't believe then that he would once again drive off - leaving her car there? Maybe he does? He then gets home and thinks about what he has done - and her car. So walks back to the School (with her keys??) which is about five km from his house, drives her car - but to where?

SS car was found about 8kms from Leeton towards Griffith in a place called Wamoon. The property is only a stone throw from the road and if you were looking, you could see the car from the road. The paddock was cut down and the bright red car stood out like dogs balls. On the Monday, the family asked the Police for helicopter support - they did not get it, so they hired their own helicopter and went looking for SS and her car - nothing was found. There is NO way in the world that the car was there on the Monday. The car was found on the Wednesday morning - right out in the open. I say it was taken out there late on Tuesday night sometime. This also does not make sense. VS allegedly kills SS, drives (with a body in the back) nearly 100kms, hangs around and burns the body (no idea how long this takes - not to mention smoke and smell) and drives back again - and yet, parks her car very carefully in the middle of an open paddock?
When I first saw the aerial photo, it looked like a rendezvous had taken place - like two cars had been parked there? That main (griffith) road is very busy - there are always cars driving along there. If he drove her car out there, gently parked it and then walked all the way back into town - someone sees him. The griffith road also has virtually NO shoulders - it is very difficult, if not impossible to walk alongside - very dangerous. You just would not do it.
I think someone helped him with the car.
Where was SS car between sunday and wednesday? He did not have a garage at his home in maiden avenue and believe me - the WHOLE town was looking for that car. BUT, they were not looking for HIS car. So, was he driving her car around? Was it the other way around? After he did the deed at the High School, did he take her and her car to Griffith? maybe, but the blood was found in his car.

What about the photo on his phone? Doesn't make sense why you'd take that photo (or why anyone would take a photo like that).

Slightly OT but afaik the term Aspergers is still used here in the UK, I would use it myself simply as a shorthand for someone who is on the spectrum but towards the lower end (I hope I'm not offending anyone by using the wrong terminology, that's certainly not my intention)
You have nothing to worry about :)

Ok, I live and work in Leeton and yes, it is a shock to the community. I however am very curious about all this. No, it's not morbid curiosity at all - more annoyance that I can't work this out. Here is what is bugging me.

The High School in Mallee Street - although close to Maiden avenue is not a random drive past location (see picture).View attachment 73221

It does not make sense that VS drove past and randomly saw her car. The road at the back of the School - Palm Avenue is a pretty busy thoroughfare (well for a country town) as Woolworths and Maccas' (sad but true) is on the other end and people either drive down the main street to get to those locations, or go the back way via Palm avenue. Either way, the School carpart is not in view from those roads - so it couldn't have just seen her car there.

It was reported that she was spotted in Woolworths earlier that morning, so it is my bet that he too was in Woolworths and spotted her (maybe in the checkout queue?) and i initially thought, started a conversation with her - but after reading this forum and other comments about his lack of social skills - probably just said hello. Either way, I suspect he then followed her car - probably accidentally from the carpark (as he too could go home that way via Palm avenue - although he would probably normally from woolworths go via acacia avenue). I then think that he saw her turn towards the High School and that prompted him (out of curiosity and boredom) to follow her. All in all, just **** bad timing for SS.

Where is gets confusing though is what happened then. If indeed he did follow her - why did he take to long to do anything (if the 12:59 email thing is correct?). That too also bugs me - if she had an Ipad - why did she not send the email from that and not the school PC ? Doesn't make sense. Emails these days get sent straight away - the don't sit in queues like they used to. She must have pressed send - he would not have. You don't shut down iPads - just close the cover (and there would be no prompt to 'send now' from outbox). So, let's assume he attacks her at the school. If he is as big and strong as they say - she doesn't stand a chance. But then what? There are two cars now and (presumably) a body. Ok, he is strong enough to carry the body - but he will be seen. It is a very popular area - people are always walking their dogs etc.

My guess is that he put the body in his car (blood found allegedly) and drove out to Griffith. It is about 45 minutes to an hours drive from Leeton and quite a busy road. He could not speed, as Police patrol the road regularly. So, in the meanwhile, SS car is at the School. The Police state that she was killed between 11am and 720pm - I believe at the High School they have security swipes so I again, I assume that they pulled the security records which shows someone swiping out at that time. This does not make sense. If indeed VS did the deed earlier rather than later - then why does he come back to the school (apart from having to get ss car) ? Was it to clean up the crime scene - to get her iPad?

I can't believe then that he would once again drive off - leaving her car there? Maybe he does? He then gets home and thinks about what he has done - and her car. So walks back to the School (with her keys??) which is about five km from his house, drives her car - but to where?

SS car was found about 8kms from Leeton towards Griffith in a place called Wamoon. The property is only a stone throw from the road and if you were looking, you could see the car from the road. The paddock was cut down and the bright red car stood out like dogs balls. On the Monday, the family asked the Police for helicopter support - they did not get it, so they hired their own helicopter and went looking for SS and her car - nothing was found. There is NO way in the world that the car was there on the Monday. The car was found on the Wednesday morning - right out in the open. I say it was taken out there late on Tuesday night sometime. This also does not make sense. VS allegedly kills SS, drives (with a body in the back) nearly 100kms, hangs around and burns the body (no idea how long this takes - not to mention smoke and smell) and drives back again - and yet, parks her car very carefully in the middle of an open paddock?
When I first saw the aerial photo, it looked like a rendezvous had taken place - like two cars had been parked there? That main (griffith) road is very busy - there are always cars driving along there. If he drove her car out there, gently parked it and then walked all the way back into town - someone sees him. The griffith road also has virtually NO shoulders - it is very difficult, if not impossible to walk alongside - very dangerous. You just would not do it.
Where was SS car between sunday and wednesday? He did not have a garage at his home in maiden avenue and believe me - the WHOLE town was looking for that car. BUT, they were not looking for HIS car. So, was he driving her car around? Was it the other way around? After he did the deed at the High School, did he take her and her car to Griffith? maybe, but the blood was found in his car.

What about the photo on his phone? Doesn't make sense why you'd take that photo (or why anyone would take a photo like that).
welcome! Thanks for the info about the teacher car park.

Didn't someone go to the police and say they saw a man matching his description walking towards Leeton?

Welcome 9lives, all the more so for joini ng us from leeton ! :)
So they have swipe cards for the school? I had just imagined manual keys. That puts a new light on things. More traceability. Or perhaps ss had a swipe but vs only manual keys?
Police could establish with certainty if he was there if he swiped. But they were relying on his alibi which he stuffed up himself?
In a recent report it was stated ppl had knowledge if him going to the school if not scheduled to work. So I reckon he might have just been there but god knows why a casual contractor would do that!? Borrow gardening implements? Would a govt entity such as a school really let him do that? There are usually codes of conduct n practice n policy n procedure covering things like that. Dont think a govt agency would do that these days. Risk n liability etc involved.
Im even surprised no one did anything re him going there before. Govt is exposed to work health safety n workers compensation issues if anything happened if everything not checked n balanced! And so they just have. This would be a secondary drama for the school to have to deal with now...
I reckon she sent the email last thing n he cornered her outside the staff room.
but at thd end of the day therd are so many unknowns its anyone's guess really.

Don't understand how red car iin paddock not seen earlier. But then a water bailiff or someone piped up n reckoned itd been there for 'a few days' before bejng found. Go figure.

The High School in Mallee Street - although close to Maiden avenue is not a random drive past location (see picture).View attachment 73221

Welcome 9lives :)

Stephanie was seen Woolworths Leeton Saturday 1pm

A friend who had earlier reported seeing Ms Scott at Woolworths on Sunday afternoon was mistaken, and had actually seen her at the supermarket on the Saturday afternoon

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...fore-her-wedding/story-fni0cx12-1227294340843
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/no-way-it...ridetobe-stephanie-scott-20150408-1mgggl.html

Ms Scott’s red Mazda was found on Thursday morning abandoned by the edge of a wheat field on a rural property about 8km from Leeton near the road to Griffith.

Mr Lyons said he had seen a man walking along Griffith Rd towards Leeton on Monday morning.

He said the man, wearing a backpack and T-shirt, closely resembled an image of Mr Stanford’s identical twin brother, who lives in Adelaide.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...orth-of-griffith/story-fni0cx12-1227299375456

Why would he get rid of the iPad as evidence and keep her keys? If you go to the trouble of throwing the iPad in the canal why not do the same with the keys to the school. I think he's asked her for a lift home, for whatever reason didn't have his car or maybe told her it had broken down, she drove him home and it all got ugly from there. This might explain why the keys were at his house. The iPad was stand out evidence but if she had just put the keys down while she was dropping him off he might not have realized they were there. Imo.

Maybe he didn't think the keys were such a dead giveaway. Ipad had her info in it. Maybe keys on surface had no id n he just didn't think it thru further. Just like not thinking re blood in car n camera in car n photo in camera! If he's that sloppy then keys would be way down list of his priorities lol!

Been mentioned before n I too wonder about this. Ss handbag. She left it at school if he forcibly took her there, or he dumped them in her car? No mention of police specifically looking for them.

Welcome 9lives. Thank you for the local info!

If the water baliff is correct in seeing SS car 'a few days earlier', not sure why her car was not spotted earlier, especially with the family hiring the helicopter.
Agree with your questions about the email being sent from office PC and not her laptop. The thing that has me really puzzled is that when the police gave estimated time of murder as being between 11am and 7.20pm, they already knew the email to the bus company had been sent at 12.59pm - so did the police have a suspicion that it may not have been SS who hit send?

Hmmm .. Maybe. It's not like he didn't have a couple of days to think about it and get rid of "evidence" though. Quite likely he had her handbag and that's how he got the keys to her car and was able to move it. Sloppy is an understatement! Lol

Did VS normally carry a camera in his ute - if so, why? Or did he pick it up from home after doing what he did and then head off to the campsite? And then why leave it in his ute??

The movements of the ute are crucial.

Now I'm wondering if perhaps he asked for a lift home (5 mins away) and once in her car, changed his story to say his ute had broken down further from home and coerced SS to drive her car to the vineyard paddock. If he attacked SS there, he could have walked back to the school and driven his ute home.

Also, I thought I saw photos showing a garage and carport at the family home?

Welcome 9lives. Thank you for the local info!

If the water baliff is correct in seeing SS car 'a few days earlier', not sure why her car was not spotted earlier, especially with the family hiring the helicopter.
Agree with your questions about the email being sent from office PC and not her laptop. The thing that has me really puzzled is that when the police gave estimated time of murder as being between 11am and 7.20pm, they already knew the email to the bus company had been sent at 12.59pm - so did the police have a suspicion that it may not have been SS who hit send?

I've said this before so forgive me repeating myself, but I think it's routine for the police to narrow the timeline to the last time someone independently saw her alive. An email was sent at 12.59pm, but there's no verification that she sent it, or that she was alive when it was sent.

Highly unlikely, but: the killer could have sent it to throw off the timeline.
Fairly unlikely but: Stephanie could have composed the email before she was attacked, and the attacker could have clicked send.
Fairly unlikely but: Stephanie could have composed the email and clicked send while offline, and after her death the computer was either switched on or came within range of a trusted Wi-Fi network, causing the email to dispatch without further intervention
Fairly unlikely but: a network or internet outage, or other glitch, delayed the email's transmission. The timestamp records when it was successfully transmitted, not when send was clicked.
Etc, etc.

The police work in known facts, and it is a fact that the last time they can verify that she was alive was at 11am when she was seen by an independent witness. The email suggests she was alive until at least 1pm, but is not conclusive proof.

Now I'm wondering if perhaps he asked for a lift home (5 mins away) and once in her car, changed his story to say his ute had broken down further from home and coerced SS to drive her car to the vineyard paddock. If he attacked SS there, he could have walked back to the school and driven his ute home.

This is my guess. She's driven him home. A look at the schools website tells you that staff will return to work there on Monday, and children will go back Tuesday. If she was murdered at the school I'm confident this would not be going ahead.

BBM: Yes, a garage has been shown in pics and mentioned in articles.

On Thursday night a team of forensic officers continued to scour Mr Stanford's backyard as the sun set on the small town of 7000.

Dressed in blue suits they packaged up more than a dozen brown paper evidence bags and placed yellow evidence markers near the back door of the house and in a garage.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/school-cl...-stephanie-scotts-murder-20150409-1mht9j.html

maybe vs likes walking and because he doesnt seem to have friends he may feel a sense of belonging and importance at the school where he is at least acknowledged, staff there may be aware he often pops in but just think hes harmless, he may have asked stephanie for a ride home from the school and then asked her in to see his cats or something and her kindness was mistaken for something else.
with no one else home and if stephanie sensed danger and paicked......
from the msm photos of forensic police at vs house there is a plastic bag which looks like it has a symbol for items containing dna etc and there are a lot of police markers in the backyard area.
there wasnt an appeal for her phone or bag so probably still in her car, the laptop may have evidence of him on it, she may have had the keys in her pocket and she tried to defend herself with them or they fell out in the struggle in his yard or house.

Don't understand how red car iin paddock not seen earlier. But then a water bailiff or someone piped up n reckoned itd been there for 'a few days' before bejng found. Go figure.
And this person didn't say anything at the time, when the entire town was searching for a red car? 0_o

9lives thank you for posting this information.

It makes more sense to me if he was on foot. It was suggested by someone on social media (as if he knew VS) that he might have been drinking and I'm wondering if the school is on the way home from a weekend party. It also makes more sense that he would walk if he was going on a binge session (as seems to be what younger drinkers do now), he would leave his vehicle at home. Usual weekend is drinking Friday and Saturday nights and home on Sunday to sleep it off before going to work on Monday. Except this was a long weekend, so he had Thursday, Friday and Saturday. By Sunday, he might have been having blackouts and be disoriented, he may have even fallen asleep on the school grounds. SS may have known him and knowing he would be in trouble if found, offered to drive him the short distance home, where I think the murder occurred. It's been suggested that a drunk couldn't reason well enough to do what he did afterwards, but I think when a dramatic incident occurs and all of a sudden you realise it's wasn't a dream but was real, and you sober up real quick. Not thinking like a rational person, but good enough to decide you just can't leave a dead body at your house, you have to cover your tracks. He took her in his vehicle to a known area, but by only taking the body 5mtrs off the track indicates flawed thinking. He may well have had a jerry can of petrol with him and the burning was a spur of the moment decision. Was the photo on the phone a trophy or was it taken so he could later remember the location of the body, and could complete the cover up? Then he needed to dispose of the car, again not well hidden. I'm not sure about the ipad, but perhaps he thought there might be a way he could be identified from that, so he had to dispose of it. There may turn out to be reasons for all the questions we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee