Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So did he drive up to help Vincent and then just drive back, without his mother seeing him, I wonder?

Sounds right to me. I remember how we scratched our heads for ages regarding the logistics of moving the cars around.

I must admit I was one of the ones thinking that sleuthing the twin was a waste of time. Great detective I'd be!

IIRC it was From Germany who was always convinced that Vincent could not have done this crime alone. He speculated that Marcus could have driven over from SA and worked out the hours it could have taken.

I was never convinced because there were reports that they did not get on. I wonder if Marcus was already there staying for Easter.

IMO the police must have mobile evidence that Vincent was assisted by phone in how to cover up his crimes or they have DNA evidence which may have taken all this time to be analysed.

Congratulations to From Germany He is probably asleep at the moment and will get a shock about this latest revelation.

bbm

Yes, you are right!!! Shock!!! I have subscribed to Couriermail and I'm getting an email daily with the headlines. And there, OMG:
Stephanie Scott murder: Accused’s twin brother arrested in Adelaide Hills
My crispbread for breakfast is broken in terror.

I think, MS had been already in Leeton or had a flight to Leeton. And I think, uncovering MS' assistance has to do with the fact that the two vehicles, white old car of VS and red new car of Stephanie, were perhaps seen at the same time in different places, and a witness/some witnesses said they had detected VS. Not for nothing the police wanted to continue after the fact about information, where VS' car possibly was seen.

My guess is that Marcus did not travel to Leeton but gave advice or suggestions to Vincent about what to do to cover up. If he had driven to Leeton, there would be some evidence of that. Phone pings, petrol stations, people that he lived with or neighbours to say he disappeared for a while?
It fits with people that knew Vincent who said things along the lines of he needed people to tell him what to do so he wouldn't have been able to work out what to do to cover up and dispose of poor Stephanie's body.
So phone calls and texts, though surely not traceable emails, I think will be the connection. Interesting how Marcus didn't come to Leeton to support his mum and brother, perhaps as he was involved after the rape and murder and wanted to stay well away. Perhaps some feelings of guilt as well.

I frickin knew it!! It all seemed wrong, someone else was involved!!!

bbm

I didn't think "someone" but the identical twin. From the very beginning the word identical had been stressed in the news.

My guess is that Marcus did not travel to Leeton but gave advice or suggestions to Vincent about what to do to cover up. If he had driven to Leeton, there would be some evidence of that. Phone pings, petrol stations, people that he lived with or neighbours to say he disappeared for a while?
It fits with people that knew Vincent who said things along the lines of he needed people to tell him what to do so he wouldn't have been able to work out what to do to cover up and dispose of poor Stephanie's body.
So phone calls and texts, though surely not traceable emails, I think will be the connection. Interesting how Marcus didn't come to Leeton to support his mum and brother, perhaps as he was involved after the rape and murder and wanted to stay well away. Perhaps some feelings of guilt as well.

bbm

Yes, that seemed a bit strange.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n-adelaide-hills/story-fnii5s41-1227390998862

Stephanie Scott murder: Accused’s twin brother arrested in Adelaide Hills

Looking dishevelled and wearing a Star Wars T-shirt, he was remanded in custody in South Australia until 7am on Thursday, when he will be released to NSW detectives and flown back to that state.

Marcus Stanford, who did not have a lawyer and said he had not spoken with one, was asked by Magistrate Jack Fahey if there was any reason why he should not be returned to Leeton to front the Local Court.
He replied: “I’ve never been there”.

Detectives from NSW and SA went to a house at Forreston - a small community in the Adelaide Hills with numerous orchards, hobby farms and vineyards - at 6.55am to make the arrest.

The arrest of Marcus Stanford follows an extensive three-month investigation by NSW homicide detectives attached to Strike Force Gundibri.

Vincent Stanford appeared in Griffith Local Court last week to face charges of murder and aggravated sexual assault over the death of Ms Scott.
The prosecution’s request for a three-month adjournment to prepare the brief of evidence was granted.

Which is strange in itself regardless of whether he went there that weekend, they must have serious problems for him to not have visited his identical twin brother ever...

Marcus' reply of "I have never been there" is very semantic of him given he is in very serious trouble. If I was innocent and was asked the same question I think my answer would be more along the lines of "because I am innocent of the charges" and not playing silly buggers with the magistrate.

Edit. Watching the video in the next post it appears he did tell the magistrate he didn't know anything.

Very interesting video in this tweet: [video=twitter;608516959169171456]https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/608516959169171456[/video]

Yes it looks that way. I wonder if the police accompanying him were talking to him at the time - otherwise smiling so confidently isn't the best look as you are being marched into a courthouse in cuffs.

Was it the twins who allegedly didn't get along? I thought it was VS and his older brother L? Either way I can sort of see why VS turned to his twin for help or advice (and possibly why MS might have tried to help him) given the strong bond between twins. Maybe VS and his odd/antisocial traits put some distance between the twins, but I'm guessing that in a time of need they'd still be there for each other. You'd hope not to this extent though :/ It's just shocking news anyhow - I felt sorry initially for MS as well, because it would have been so difficult for him to hide his connection to his twin, especially once the trial is over and pics of VS become available.

ETA - actually one of those officers has a bit of a smirk on his face too...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n-adelaide-hills/story-fni0cx4q-1227390998862

Neighbours on the Forreston street where Marcus Stanford was arrested said he was a quiet man who kept to himself.

The Advertiser has been told he was living in a share house with two other men and worked at a local flower farm.

The owner of the flower farm declined to comment.

Neighbour Patrick Kavanagh said he heard helicopters flying very low over Stanford’s house about three hours after his arrest.

Mr Kavanagh said people, like Stanford, who worked at the flower farm lived a transient lifestyle.

“Like most people, you don’t think it’s going to happen on your street,” he said.

Neighbour Bill, who did not give his surname, said he would wave to Stanford and last saw him about a week ago walking down the street.

http://penguin-hunter.blogspot.de/

FRIDAY, JULY 07, 2006
An entry
Hello all reading my blog (likely no one) as you can see this is my first entry, well let me take this chance to introduce boring old me.

Well my name is Marcus Stanford, currently at the age of 15, and living in Holland,
my current education is for an electro mechanic (Boring.. why did i ever choose it?) after this, which hopefully will only take another year, i plan/hope to Move to england, or if that fails or go to a gaming designer education in "Amsterdam".

Geez just saw this latest news on the 6pm news. Disgusted!

http://penguin-hunter.blogspot.de/

FRIDAY, JULY 07, 2006
An entry
Hello all reading my blog (likely no one) as you can see this is my first entry, well let me take this chance to introduce boring old me.

Well my name is Marcus Stanford, currently at the age of 15, and living in Holland,
my current education is for an electro mechanic (Boring.. why did i ever choose it?) after this, which hopefully will only take another year, i plan/hope to Move to england, or if that fails or go to a gaming designer education in "Amsterdam".

Attention FG, you were correct. There was a second brother implicated in the death of SS mentioned on msm news this evening. Marcus Standford, the twin brother, has been arrested for assisting Vincent Stanford. It is alleged 'after the fact' www.yahoo7.com.au

"Marcus Stanford is facing charges of being an accessory after the murder of Ms Scott" http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n-adelaide-hills/story-fni0cx4q-1227390998862

Wow. This is an interesting development. I don't think the twin was in the vicinity physically, so I suppose his involvement is in the coercion or instruction of his brother. Perhaps after the fact.

I'm betting instruction too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member