Found Alive Australia - Terence Darrell Kelly, charged w/ abduction, 4 y.o. victim found alive, WA ,16 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!!!

So in this case, the defendant was heard in magistrates court today and will it then be moved to a District or Supreme Court?

Yes, a mention (i think it's called a "docket" in the US? lol) to read the charges and hear a bail application (one was not made) in the Magistrates court today, then the hearing will be set down in the District or Supreme court.

This is the scenario I so want to be the case, just wanted to be a parent, take care of a real life doll and did not physically harm her in any way…although he has immeasurably caused psychological harm to the whole family.
I agree, although I think the biggest challenge to her recovery will be the stares and whispers behind her back in Carnarvon.

She will forever be remembered in this town for what's happened, with constant questions and innuendo.

If I was the Parents, get the he'll out whilst she is still young.

I agree, although I think the biggest challenge to her recovery will be the stares and whispers behind her back in Carnarvon.

She will forever be remembered in this town for what's happened, with constant questions and innuendo.

I'm concerned about the media attention on her too. Maybe I'm even being hypocritical because I'm watching it with interest. I guess I hope the public aspect resolves quickly, so her family can focus on helping her and themselves heal in private

To me that is very revealing because IMO he may have seen the family first on SM, then saw them at the supermarket (as someone said he often hanged around at Woolworths), followed them home and then began to stalk them over months. I can't get away from the idea that he must have followed the family to the campsite otherwise it seems like too much of a coincidence.
They did have a small pink camping chair outside their tent.

49831945-10147455-Detectives_found_the_zip_on_the_tent_Cleo_was_sleeping_in_had_be-a-101_1635602624037.jpg

<redacted> detectives plead for CCTV footage within a 1000km of the Blowholes campsite - Times News Express

Maybe he saw her as an extension of his doll collection, you know, a life like doll.

No thanks to Lionel Bart's infamous lyrics populised by 'Cliff' and decades later, the 'Young Ones + Cliff'

'Got myself a cryin', talkin'
Sleepin', walkin', livin' doll
Gotta do my best to please her
Just 'cos she's a livin' doll
Got a rovin' eye
And that is why, she satisfies my soul
Got the one and only, walkin', talkin', livin' doll
Take a look at her hair, it's real
And if you don't believe what I say, just feel
I'm gonna lock her up in a trunk
So, no big hunk can steal her away from me'

Just jumping off your post .... it is hard to imagine what he thought would be the outcome of this ... after 18 days.
The abduction might have been impulsive (we don't know yet) but somewhere in those 18 days he surely must have wondered how he could continue this way.

I am impressed that <modsnip> is still alive. She must be an amazingly resilient little girl. With someone like this, he has a fantasy of having a little girl, but if she had caused him too many problems, stressed him by incessantly crying or yelling, the outcome might have been quite different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree, and besides the glaring differences between animal figurines and female dolls, a man who has acted in a predatorial way against a small child and also has this unusal 'fixation' cannot be separated. They are more than likely related. Does this mean that everyone who collects dolls is a predator? No, but in this case, it is likely inextricably linked, and IMO, it is likely whole or part of the motive which cannot be ignored.

Hopefully that puts to bed the back and forth on this topic because it's an unnecessary diversion.
I get that, and instead of using turtles as a example I should have said “ a female who collects male wrestling figures” or something like that. The Point was to highlight that when a female collects something that is usually meant for males, then it’s not a big deal. But if a male collects something that is usually meant for females then he is ostracised for it. And keeping a secret like that can be just because the person doesn’t want to be ostracised, belittled or have any other negative stuff sent their way.

But as you said, just cos a male collects dolls, it doesn’t mean he’s automatically a sexual deviant.

However I totally get that in this instance it may very well be linked, and is a very strong possibility.

Agree, hope they get a lot of financial support from their crowdsourcing fund to get out of there.

Yes, a mention (i think it's called a "docket" in the US? lol) to read the charges and hear a bail application (one was not made) in the Magistrates court today, then the hearing will be set down in the District or Supreme court.

Thank you, it's fascinating learning something new like this! I appreciate you helping me understand.

Apparently he was buying them in Carnarvon according to WA Today:
CS alleged abductor TK had room full of dolls in Carnarvon house
“A Carnarvon Toyworld worker said the store had sold several dolls to the man over the years which they would gift wrap.

She did not know when the last time was he had visited the store but was checking CCTV footage which went as far back as October 18 to provide to police.”

But "several" dolls does not account for his large collection so he must have been collecting them for many years.

I get that, and instead of using turtles as a example I should have said “ a female who collects male wrestling figures” or something like that. The Point was to highlight that when a female collects something that is usually meant for males, then it’s not a big deal. But if a male collects something that is usually meant for females then he is ostracised for it. And keeping a secret like that can be just because the person doesn’t want to be ostracised, belittled or have any other negative stuff sent their way.

But as you said, just cos a male collects dolls, it doesn’t mean he’s automatically a sexual deviant.

However I totally get that in this instance it may very well be linked, and is a very strong possibility.

I think it's like anything..In moderation it's harmless but anything taken to extremes that morphs from fantasy/play to reality, becomes creepy.

To me, the picture with the doll collection does not look like the inside of a derelict house. I am sure it is a possibility that this image was not an original and was indeed somebody else’s, imo

I thought the same to be honest, until i seen the video of him spinning around the room with all the dolls in the background and then one of him laying on the pink dolls quilt.

I had my jaw on the floor last night and was in total shock at what i was seeing . If anyone had of said a creepy doll collector was responsible, I would of said get out of town.

They’re bloody awful! One of them has stockings and looks like a Dom.
I've been studying them for a few days, they are quite pretty in a plasticky way..
But they're collectors' items and It's a hobby for their communities. I got the impression the acquisition of the dolls brings a certain status.
It's also potentially a way to make money
How much can I sell my Bratz dolls for? – MVOrganizing

They're commodities and people like to strut them.
They're also a fashion statement.
These are my conclusions having spent ages in the trenches.

In that context they are not a sign of insanity, more like a sharp business mind.

In the video with the shelves of toys in the background he seemed to be morphing into an actual toy...
It's very interesting .
Maybe.

If the accused has been following the victim's mother on social media since before the abduction, that could explain why police were at her house a week or so ago looking for evidence of stalking. I wonder if LE knew at the time, or if they were just covering all bases?

To me, the picture with the doll collection does not look like the inside of a derelict house. I am sure it is a possibility that this image was not an original and was indeed somebody else’s, imo

I actually thought that too. Even having the dolls in bookcases so neatly arranged was not what I expected in such a derelict house. Maybe he took it from somebody else's FB page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota