Found Alive Australia - Terence Darrell Kelly, charged w/ abduction, 4 y.o. victim found alive, WA ,16 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Context is key. There are lots of men in those groups who seem legit. ASD is definitely one factor in obsessive collecting and definitely make up part of the demographic but no one would assume sexual deviance from that.

But you only have to look at SM to form a picture of what the dolls meant in the context of this person. And that’s all we’re focussing on.
Does anyone actually know how many dolls the perp had? A lot of people are taking that picture on msm with the vast amount of dolls all stacked up neat in a very well kept room.

I mentioned it earlier but how does anyone know that was in fact the perps collection and not just an image he stole?

Yes... my thoughts and groans. All those pretty Facebook pictures. Campers, VanLifers, family youtubers beware.

Hopefully this publicity creates a harsh awareness.... because it most certainly can also groom criminal behavior as well....

I was thinking the same thing. Social media and the openness is out of control. :(

i have already addressed how I should have used a different example to females collecting tmnt figures, maybe you should read that? Lol

Yes I get what you’re saying totally. What I’m having a hard trouble getting my head around, is that the brats dolls are teenagers as you said, and the Perp didn’t snatch a 17/18 year old. Does that mean he thought the dolls were actually young girls? If that makes sense

edit to add that a criminologist I am most definitely not

Do you have the link about his grandmother bringing him up? I read his mother died but nothing about his grandmother.

'His grandmother raised him... but after she died a year or so ago, nobody went over to yarn to him,' he said.

'He got a new car after… he used to park it in the driveway and then close the gate, every day, always went and put the car in the same spot and closed the gate.'

Carnarvon kidnapping Terry Kelly Perth custody breakthrough

Yes I get what you’re saying totally. What I’m having a hard trouble getting my head around, is that the brats dolls are teenagers as you said, and the Perp didn’t snatch a 17/18 year old. Does that mean he thought the dolls were actually young girls? If that makes sense

Bratz dolls might be teenaged, but they look younger with their oversized heads - they look like little girls with makeup on and adult legs. They're bizarre looking things.

At one level, this can appear to be a serious collector... Anyone who is really into collecting would think he is one of them . Neat organized, all in their original packaging.

If we hear from the toy company in town, or other collectors who might have had transactions with him.... as this rolls along........ we may see that he truly has different personas in different circumstances.
That would be really interesting.

He placed the stolen child in his doll room and left her there unsupervised.

I do wonder at his long term plans for her and the level of insight he was demonstrating throughout the 18 days..

I think we might be focusing a bit too much on the age of the dolls. He also stole video footage of a woman’s writhing pregnant belly and portrayed it as his unborn daughter. I think that might be indication enough of a fascination with infancy.

I was just thinking. Does anyone remember the Montana Barbaro case?

Just on the issue or kidnapping and what sort of sentence that type of thing gets.

Basically husband and wife were out shopping and on a spur of the moment took the opportunity to kidnap a baby. Eventually she was returned unharmed left in a derelict house.

Both pleaded guilty. The woman was sentenced to 8 years, the husband 11. Obviously the child was not abused sexually in any way but there you go.

I was just thinking. Does anyone remember the Montana Barbaro case?

That's unusual. Typically, if a female steals a child, it's to take it to raise as her own. Typically, if a male does, it's sexually motivated.

Given that this man shows quite effeminate characteristics and is perhaps gender identity disordered, I'm hoping he fits the more female profile, but it's such a bizarre case that it's so hard to tell.

The maximum sentence for the kidnapping charge is 7 years in this case.

It was on now deleted SM but it shows him in the foreground panning across the room.

The same bed that can be glimpsed in the bottom left hand corner also is potentially the one discarded in his garden in picture 4 of the latest Daily Mail article.
I missed the SM of this bloke before it was all deleted! So that collection and bedroom was in fact the inside of the house he was staying In? Talk about chalk and cheese from the outside to the inside

That would be really interesting.

He placed the stolen child in his doll room and left her there unsupervised.

I do wonder at his long term plans for her and the level of insight he was demonstrating throughout the 18 days..

I did wonder why he was buying nappies as I think it's unusual for a 4 year old girl to not be toilet trained. But then thought maybe she was scared and wetting herself, or wetting the bed. Hopefully it's a sign that he was attempting to look after her

I am a bit of an expert in doll collecting, and in fact own many of the dolls in the collection shown in the videos and photos of said person, and follow/was a member of one of the online groups this person commented in. I have a teenage daughter who has collected various doll ranges since she was a young child and has well over 500, many still boxed and displayed. If anyone has any questions about doll collecting in general I'd be happy to try answer then.

Good luck to anyone who steals ponies because of their My Little Pony obsession.
HAHA

I am afraid this case will cast aspersions on anyone who collects action figures, dolls, ponies, Barbies, etc.
Because people didn't cast aspersions before this? c'mon.

I thought it was odd that grown men and woman with no kids were still running around parks chasing Pokémon years after the fad died. But hey! each to their own i guess o_O

I think we might be focusing a bit too much on the age of the dolls. He also stole video footage of a woman’s writhing pregnant belly and portrayed it as his unborn daughter. I think that might be indication enough of a fascination with infancy.
Maybe there is some grief or loss in his life?
Maybe confusion about his identity?
He stole a 4 yr old, not a baby..
I wonder why?
Was it that he would not have been confident to care for a smaller child?

Does anyone actually know how many dolls the perp had? A lot of people are taking that picture on msm with the vast amount of dolls all stacked up neat in a very well kept room.

I mentioned it earlier but how does anyone know that was in fact the perps collection and not just an image he stole?

He was pictured in front of them in photos and videos. Most doll collectors display them in a similar fashion, my daughter and I collect them and have over 500, many displayed in a similar fashion on similar shelves (which look like Ikea "Billy" bookcases")

edit to add that a criminologist I am most definitely not

Theyre supposed to be precocious teenagers dressing cool and sexy for their age but they’re aimed at young girls.

Let’s just say they run a lot of mothers the wrong way.

Also a 4 year old is far more compliant than a teenager. He seems to be attracted to girls in the tween age group but maybe they’re harder to come by. That said it’s around the age where they get to start using SM and if parents aren’t on the ball they can post a lot of seemingly innocent stuff that would drive a guy like him wild.
I am a bit of an expert in doll collecting, and in fact own many of the dolls in the collection shown in the videos and photos of said person, and follow/was a member of one of the online groups this person commented in. I have a teenage daughter who has collected various doll ranges since she was a young child and has well over 500, many still boxed and displayed. If anyone has any questions about doll collecting in general I'd be happy to try answer then.

I’m interested in the general price points of the dolls he collects and I’m wondering if it’s a thing to trade/sell on apps like say DePop.

My daughter trades Squishmallows and obviously when she puts up something to sell and gets the buyers details looking up their address on google maps wouldn’t take much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela