Found Alive Australia - Terence Darrell Kelly, charged w/ abduction, 4 y.o. victim found alive, WA ,16 Oct 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some posters are choosing their words carefully here which could come off as sympathising. I didn’t think we could suggest that the suspect may be guilty, or maybe I’ve misunderstood :oops: I’m used to following US cases if I’m honest where the discussion can be much more speculative so I’m trying to be good :D

I think some posters are choosing their words carefully here which could come off as sympathising. I didn’t think we could suggest that the suspect may be guilty, or maybe I’ve misunderstood :oops: I’m used to following US cases if I’m honest where the discussion can be much more speculative so I’m trying to be good :D
Simply put - Some only see things in black or white with no room for any grey.

I seriously don't see any evidence of grooming or sexual interest in children.

Social Media is a prime forum for grooming and catfishing. He is reported to be a prolific social media user with content that is typically of interest to children, a member of fan groups etc. Did he reach out and engage with children via these accounts, did he pretend to be someone other than who he was to encourage that engagement? JMO, but it’s very likely he did and that would constitute grooming ie establishing a relationship and gaining trust in order to manipulate for personal gain.

I really don’t want to speculate on what might have happened, but let’s recognise that sexual abuse is not solely restricted to penetrative acts.

So ... the police think he was there for "small-time theft" (as per my previous link). Perhaps there is some history of small time theft occurring in the campground.

He peeks in the tent to grab a wallet, a backpack, some other valuable - and sees a young child. Where on earth does his thought process go from there??

"Aww ... she looks like a doll, I think I will add her to my collection"??

Nothin grey about child abduction. It 's about as black and white as it can get . One moment ,, your child is sleeping in her little bag in a tent, and the next moment, she isn't and you don't know where or who, or why, and it goes on for 19 days of terror,..

Cannot see a tiniest bit of grey there. At all.

So ... the police think he was there for "small-time theft" (as per my previous link). Perhaps there is some history of small time theft occurring in the campground.

He peeks in the tent to grab a wallet, a backpack, some other valuable - and sees a young child. Where on earth does his thought process go from there??

Amazing that the baby wasn't as appealing... .. are there any Bratz babies?? I don't know a whole lot about Bratz as a genre...

He peeks in the tent, and sees a young child. Where on earth does his thought process go from there??

There was a poster on the missing threads who said they had local connections and were very vocal RE their theory that it was an opportunistic abduction by someone looking to rob the campers. I wasn’t convinced then and I’m not convinced now…but wondering if they’re still around?

Wasn’t there a poster with alleged insider knowledge of the case, who guaranteed that it was not Bratz guy, there were no dolls, and that we were all looking at entirely the wrong person?

One other thing to clarify - a quick Google shows there is no Bratz doll with the same name as the victim. It is spelled and pronounced differently.
Yes there was a poster claiming those things- caused me a bit of side eye TBH.

But Granny only died a year or so ago so if they shared a house together, she would have known about the dolls and they could have done this together then it became an obsession with him and could even be part of his grieving for his Granny.
Yeah, it’s possible, but I honestly don’t think this was the case.

Did you follow the Alesha Macphail case in Scotland?. Her killer broke into his dealers flat meaning to steal weed but happened on his 6yr old daughter sleeping in her bed and decided to take her. It turned out he had been fantasising about rape and wondering how it would feel and the opportunity presented itself so he took it.
I wondering if this is kind of the same thing?, had the accused been fantasising for a while and then suddenly there was a sleeping child right there for the taking by pure chance?

Did you follow the Alesha Macphail case in Scotland?. Her killer broke into his dealers flat meaning to steal weed but happened on his 6yr old daughter sleeping in her bed and decided to take her. It turned out he had been fantasising about rape and wondering how it would feel and the opportunity presented itself so he took it.
I wondering if this is kind of the same thing?, had the accused been fantasising for a while and then suddenly there was a sleeping child right there for the taking by pure chance?
It looks like he was certainly living deeply in fantasy.. I wonder if he ever really surfaced..

That the fantasy, this fantasy family, him as the fantasy dad, or expectant father, as the uncle, and cousin, and why not? the aunt, and nanna and brother and sister, etc, his whole fantasy family, the fantasy friends, the fantasy girlfriends....... in anyone's life, sexual interests bubble to the surface. I think it would be the same in a fantasy life.

Remembering this ...... BBM

"Detectives are “particularly interested” in motel check-in and communal areas, service stations, fast food outlets and bakeries, truck stops and free camping areas, children’s clothing stores, pharmacies and cosmetic stores, and camping stores."
police search family home for signs of a stalker

It is possible that some of the 'local help' came from places like Target in Carnarvon. If someone purchased some children's clothing. Or would he have ordered online, to try to fly under the radar?

imo

There is definitely a link between theft and other types of crimes. It’s definitely not unheard of. People are multifaceted. If people are unafraid to commit one sort of crime surely they’d be just as unafraid to commit another.

Though I do wonder if some thefts are because they need the money or they just enjoy violating someone’s space or possessions.

There was a poster on the missing threads who said they had local connections and were very vocal RE their theory that it was an opportunistic abduction by someone looking to rob the campers. I wasn’t convinced then and I’m not convinced now…but wondering if they’re still around?

That would be me. I’ve been banned for not following the rules which is fair enough.

Something else that I was vocal about was that I didn’t believe that the FB profile was related to the accused but it seems I was wrong there. I’m still wanting that to be confirmed because I don’t believe much of what DM print, but as someone else mentioned I can only assume his photos are all 10 years old because he looks NOTHING like that now. It’s all too much of a coincidence for it not to be him I guess.

It looks like he was certainly living deeply in fantasy.. I wonder if he ever really surfaced..

That the fantasy, this fantasy family, him as the fantasy dad, or expectant father, as the uncle, and cousin, and why not? the aunt, and nanna and brother and sister, etc, his whole fantasy family, the fantasy friends, the fantasy girlfriends....... in anyone's life, sexual interests bubble to the surface. I think it would be the same in a fantasy life.

It could also be to have himself surrounded by people to make him look credible.
A man with friends, family, nieces, daughters commenting publicly on his FB is going to make him seem a tad more trustworthy than some loner with no FB friends. Easier to groom too. Especially when in conjunction with posting on posts or groups condemning paedophilia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GEC0704