Found Alive Australia - Terence Darrell Kelly, charged w/ abduction, 4 y.o. victim found alive, WA ,16 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but the previous poster stated that the collecting of dolls shows that the collector has a 'psychosexual dysfunction' a massive sweeping statement.... yes probably in this case, but the way the posted stated implied that they think any male collector of dolls is some sort of sexual deviant, which clearly is not true!

Yes, it's called a sexual fetish and is arguably a sexual paraphilia.
You can learn more here: Doll fetish - Wikipedia

Or feeling hella guilty and ashamed. The accused is clearly a deeply damaged individual who absolutely needs help IMO, but I’m not convinced he was ‘unwell’ enough that he didn’t consider the implications of what he done. He allegedly snatched a child and took steps to keep her hidden for 18 days in a community on high alert. His only ‘saving grace’ is that he appears to have cared for her in his own way. He absolutely didn’t care about her though, IMOO, because he took her for his own selfish reasons/needs. If he had any empathy at all he would have let her go.

He probably lashed out and had a meltdown because he’d just gone to all that trouble to abduct a child - something he’d probably been fantasizing about for some time - and he had everything set up and perfect, the perfect situation for him and now it’s been destroyed and he gets to be in the slammer instead. He knows his future is going to be grim.

How did he know there was a child in the tent. It was almost dark when they arrived. We haven’t heard that he was seen at the campsite. Will be interesting to know what happened here. Did he just open random tents hoping to find a kid, and the first one he opens there is one! How far away did he have to park his car from the campsite to sneak in and not be heard? Wonder if he went there often. It’s crazy she was found only 7 minutes from her home. moo

he followed them or had enough knowledge to know what their car looked like? Or maybe he knew they were going there?

I'm still pretty convinced that there is some kind of link with the 'Elle' referenced on one of the fake profiles, and CS's mum's name.

The fake profiles in question were active/commenting on each other's posts as recently as 35 weeks ago, and potentially more recently, but 35 weeks is the most 'recent' comment I've seen so far. Bio could easily have been updated if he developed a fixation on CS's mum perhaps as part of this ideation of a general wife/family/baby doll at some stage in the last year.

There was a beach video he apparently stole from another FB account which he posted 2 days after CS was abducted.

wonder what his ebay account is. Because he wasn't buying those dolls in Canarvon.

I did some searching on eBay for Bratz dolls. There is one user I found (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to list username, who is selling some collectable Bratz dolls - one is listed as $300.

The item location is Morgantown WA. I googled that and it's a suburb next door to Carnarvon.

There's nothing else interesting on the account that I can see. Just bratz dolls that have been sold over the past 12 month. Two listed for sale now and a Barbie you bed listed for sale (collector item again I think as it's $30).

I wonder if there’s a ever been a historical case where the (alleged) perp might be a similar type/have a similar interest in dolls.

i.e. a male or female who has a doll obsession to have committed a similar kind of act.

I can’t think of anything offhand.

I don’t think doll collecting is weird, many people are collectors. The collection looked well curated and organised.

But a doll collector who goes on to allegedly snatch a random child?

I will have to keep on looking....

How did he know there was a child in the tent. It was almost dark when they arrived. We haven’t heard that he was seen at the campsite. Will be interesting to know what happened here. Did he just open random tents hoping to find a kid, and the first one he opens there is one! How far away did he have to park his car from the campsite to sneak in and not be heard? Wonder if he went there often. It’s crazy she was found only 7 minutes from her home. moo

I wonder if he was around at 1.30 and they had a light on, so then he could see where everyone was?

I have to wonder if they didnt use a tent and had a motor home or caravan instead, what he would have done if the opportunity of stealing the victim had not presented itself? Would he have kept lurking at various spots he knows children visit? Would he have kept monitoring movements on SM ?

I have to wonder if they didnt use a tent and had a motor home or caravan instead, what he would have done if the opportunity of stealing the victim had not presented itself? Would he have kept lurking at various spots he knows children visit? Would he have kept monitoring movements on SM ?

The thing I have struggled with the most in this case is even if he was out there lurking around because he was obsessed with families - it seems hard to believe he knew what was in that tent.

So maybe he simply looked in there saw her, and took her on the spur of the moment

Which is exactly what makes this one of the hardest types of case to solve.

He probably lashed out and had a meltdown because he’d just gone to all that trouble to abduct a child - something he’d probably been fantasizing about for some time - and he had everything set up and perfect, the perfect situation for him and now it’s been destroyed and he gets to be in the slammer instead. He knows his future is going to be grim.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up pleading guilty to avoid a trial

The people who have baby fetishes/adult nappy wearing fetishes etc, use this type of vernacular, and oftentimes it isn't sexual.

I hope you're wrong, but the fact that the 'range of other offenses' haven't been published gives me pause.

It depends what you class as sexual when the power balance is upturned. It’s a very different set of vocabulary once you involve a frightened child. Fetishism has rules that all parties consent to - this is certainly not that situation.

I wonder if there’s a ever been a historical case where the (alleged) perp might be a similar type/have a similar interest in dolls.

i.e. a male or female who has a doll obsession to have committed a similar kind of act.

I can’t think of anything offhand.

I don’t think doll collecting is weird, many people are collectors. The collection looked well curated and organised.

But a doll collector who goes on to allegedly snatch a random child?

I will have to keep on looking....

How can you not think it's weird a grown man collecting bratz dolls and wearing children's t-shirts. He knew it was weird, that's why he kept to himself. I doubt anyone ever went in his house.

Yeah he’s angry that his malignant fantasy has been shattered.

At the moment...based on the little we know ..I feel this man was ashamed/embarrassed of his doll fetish/collection. I think either he wanted someone to be able to share this hidden life with him and ridiculously thought this could work long term ...or he wanted a "real family member" .. or possibly his own live doll. There will definitely imo be some type of mental illness not just "pure bad"...I feel if it was pure bad we would not have been in a situation of finding her alive due to the case being so high profile.
I'm not convinced there was any direct physical sexual abuse as yet ...but just from bathing, nappies etc there would be an element of "personal abuse" ...along with all the obvious abuse and trauma the victim suffered by being taken and locked up etc

Agree 100%.

He might have been charged with a variety of offences related to kidnapping also, in order to have one stick.
But it doesn't mean he SA her. (I really really hope he did not :( and that he was just a crazy guy who wanted a little girl to play dolls with). X fingers.

IIRC there was only one tent there, so there would only have been one tent to peep in.

Last edited:
The thing I have struggled with the most in this case is even if he was out there lurking around because he was obsessed with families - it seems hard to believe he knew what was in that tent.

So maybe he simply looked in there saw her, and took her on the spur of the moment

Which is exactly what makes this one of the hardest types of case to solve.
He followed quite a few Australian family campers/ travellers with children on fb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper