Australia Australia - Theo Hayez, 18, Belgian backpacker, Byron Bay, 31 May 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her remains was found buried in the scrub off tallow beach road.
She would stay around Nimbin, Mooball, Tallows reserve etc.
They located her remains from tracking her phone eventually to at Tallows and bringing in dogs.
There’s not much about it because police havnt determined what happened to her and are hoping people just forget. Her remains have been found but no one has been held accountable for her death.
There’s some interesting stuff on YouTube by Robina Todd you can look up.

In my own opinion, it’s highly likely that Thea and Theo could have been in town at the same time. Knowing people who knew Thea, I don’t believe she was violent or aggressive, but she was very kind and compassionate, so could have kept company with people who were less than stable.
It’s also my own opinion that maybe Thea learned what someone had done to Theo and was silenced herself before she could say anything.
IMOO

thankyou for the extra information , I have seen the u tube vids re Thea s thread and commented there .

And yes it is disconcerting that some get investigated thoroughly and others all but ignored
and i do not understand why this is the case .

I thought the info found by the PI re Theos case that led to finding Thea was a possible mix up with the pub talk and wondered if the u tube lady may have been inquiring on her travels after discovering "Jamie " had another friend staying at the "house " and subsequently tried to try to find out about Thea . Just an idea

I don't think they ran into each other but I think their deaths are related, ie. the same person is responsible for both their deaths. Is there any way to get the police file about the investigation of Thea Liddle? Even a copy of the autopsy would be helpful.

What are the chances of Theo running into Thea Liddle in the area that night ? as it seems Thea was camping on and off in the area re that period 6 months before she went missing . I believe her body was found not so far from the playing fields . Also can anybody say why no news of the investigation into Thea can be found and so very little discussion re her disappearance and death ?

I don't think they ran into each other but I think their deaths are related, ie. the same person is responsible for both their deaths. Is there any way to get the police file about the investigation of Thea Liddle? Even a copy of the autopsy would be helpful.

What are the chances of Theo running into Thea Liddle in the area that night ? as it seems Thea was camping on and off in the area re that period 6 months before she went missing . I believe her body was found not so far from the playing fields . Also can anybody say why no news of the investigation into Thea can be found and so very little discussion re her disappearance and death ?

If you can work out how to get police files, let us know!
There’s no autopsy made public, and there has been no inquest yet.
The only records I found were Thea’s court data which shows her first and only incident with the law on record as being 4th August 2019.

If you can work out how to get police files, let us know!
There’s no autopsy made public, and there has been no inquest yet.
The only records I found were Thea’s court data which shows her first and only incident with the law on record as being 4th August 2019.

I know right. It's impossible. I think under the Coroners Act NSW the police have to refer her death to the coroner if it remains suspicious and unsolved. Doesn't mean the Coroner has to hold an inquest though.

Only chance the reward will work, would be someone who was not there but knew someone else who was, comes forward. IF there's that someone else.

Because anyone who might have seen Theo after 11pm, if they come forward they may become a suspect themselves IMO

Reward of $500k offered for information on missing Belgian backpacker Theo Hayez who disappeared in Byron Bay

seems weird to me if their theory is still he tried to climb the cliffs and fell, died and his body was washed out to sea

who is going to call in and claim the reward... the cliffs?

i mean i really want this solved for the family so they can find some closure and take theo home if possible at all

Feb 23 2022 rbbm.
Theo Hayez bombshell: Cops drop bombshell in case of missing backpacker | Daily Mail Online
''Investigator are step closer to solving the mystery of missing backpacker Theo Hayez, as they hone in on WhatsApp messages he exchanged the night he vanished.

The Belgian teenager disappeared in 2019 from NSW tourist hotspot Byron Bay, with an inquest on Wednesday hearing there had been a 'potential breakthrough' in the case.

The development came just hours after Theo's parents suggested 'another person' was involved in their son's disappearance and police offered a $500,000 reward for information.''

''In a bombshell revelation, Ms Edwards said the investigating team had also found a mystery person 'who was communicating with Theo on the 31st of May' - but it is not yet known when the two exchanged messages.

But WhatsApp messages, very commonly used as the primary messaging app in Europe, are encrypted - meaning it's virtually impossible to find out what the texts said without one of the senders' phones''

''Earlier on Wednesday, it was revealed the police officer who led the initial search for Mr Hayez was inexperienced, missed vital training and would have conducted the operation 'very differently' with the benefit of hindsight.''
''More volunteers would have been sent to those areas and he would have sent detectives to interview 'vagrants' who were staying near the sporting field.
The inquest continues, and is due to hear new 'significant' evidence on Thursday, Ms Edwards said.''

On the premise that what the professor said about Theo’s phone moving further and further away from the tower after gps was turned off, would you guys think he could have gone from the beach where he turned gps off, back up the pipeline and to the tallows ridge walking track? If he was with someone who knew the area intimately (which has always been a possibility) why wouldn’t they know the pipeline joins the cosy corner track to the ridge? As they knew to take the Milne track and fire trail to Cosys?

They are so clearly trying to go with him falling off the rocks but his phone kept moving, so it’s really hard to just accept that.

It's unfortunate that the evidence given at the
Coronial Inquest, that Hayez's mobile phone was
used to engage in a 'Facebook Messenger' short
exchange of messages, failed to take into account
that the Facebook Messenger software App has a
feature known as 'M Suggestions' which, if someone
messages you, will apparently automatically
display a 'suggested response' for the receiver of the
message to optionally select (and thereby send) to
the sender of the message.
Readers ask: How do I get rid of suggested calls on Facebook Messenger? – Kitchen (November 2021)
"M Suggestions does exactly what its name suggests, using artificial intelligence to understand what is being said in any given Messenger chat to make recommendations that pop up during the course of a conversation."

Here is a picture of an apparent 'M Suggestion' in a
FaceBook Messenger conversation (January 2018)
Facebook is shutting down M, its personal assistant service that combined humans and AI

I do not have any experience with either FaceBook
Messenger or the type of mobile phone that Theo
Hayez owned, but isn't it possible that if a criminal
was checking Theo Hayez's phone after kinghitting
him on the slope (say if the criminal was looking
through the phone's menu's and data to see if the
criminal could find any financial information to
enable stealing of money), that the phone may have
alerted (buzzed, whatever) and displayed,
(or the criminal may have selected to display), the
FaceBook Messenger received message from Theo
Hayez's friend in Europe, and even though not
understanding the Belgian language content of
that message, the criminal simply selected the
'M Suggestion' 'suggested response' to that
message and sent it to the friend in Europe?
This would act to give the impression that it
was Hayez responding to the friend's message
(and thereby, so the criminal's thinking may have
been, to hopefully prevent any immediate alarm
on the part of Theo's friend if there had been no
response from Theo Hayez's phone, and perhaps
also the criminal hoped to fob off the sender so
they would stop sending many other messages to
the phone, at least while the phone was being
checked by the criminal).

Last edited:
Also, is it possible that Theo Hayez's phone had an
autosuggest(autocomplete) function which makes
suggestions if you type (tap) one or several letters
on the phones' (screen) keyboard - that may allow
someone to make a short reply (or short replies) to
the few received messages, by utilizing the (software
supplied) 'suggestions', without the person holding
the phone understanding the Belgian language
content of the received messages (or the Belgian
language content of the holders short replies).
Unfortunate we don't know the text of those FaceBook
Messenger messages, so a Belgian language speaker
could advise us if those short replies are a bit 'strange'
in any way.

I think Theo wanted to walk home along the beach and past the lighthouse.
I think he came across the park and started chatting with locals there, and told them of his plans. They offered to show him the way and all ran through the streets and along the track.
I think the hat location is a significant event. I’m not convinced it fell from his head where it was found (possibly later planted or tossed). If it did fall off him there I think it was due to something major happening in that dark, isolated spot.

I’m also not convinced Theo went to Cosy Corner but if he did it’s really interesting how he scrambled up the slope and stayed there for minutes like he was hiding. His phone went off after he went up the hill didn’t it? I wonder if he was hiding and then was found sitting up there.

I don’t think he attempted going up or around the cliffs, unless he was forced.

I think his phone fell off him and was retrieved after a search the next day.

I wonder if his body was carried out to a vehicle in the nearby car park, and his phone fell along the way. Falling into the sea just doesn’t sit well in this case. MOO

3 years tomorrow night Theo went missing. It mentions in this article investigations are still ongoing. Hopefully some light can finally be shed.

It's unfortunate that the evidence given at the
Coronial Inquest, that Hayez's mobile phone was
used to engage in a 'Facebook Messenger' short
exchange of messages, failed to take into account
that the Facebook Messenger software App has a
feature known as 'M Suggestions' which, if someone
messages you, will apparently automatically
display a 'suggested response' for the receiver of the
message to optionally select (and thereby send) to
the sender of the message.
Readers ask: How do I get rid of suggested calls on Facebook Messenger? – Kitchen (November 2021)
"M Suggestions does exactly what its name suggests, using artificial intelligence to understand what is being said in any given Messenger chat to make recommendations that pop up during the course of a conversation."

Here is a picture of an apparent 'M Suggestion' in a
FaceBook Messenger conversation (January 2018)
Facebook is shutting down M, its personal assistant service that combined humans and AI

I do not have any experience with either FaceBook
Messenger or the type of mobile phone that Theo
Hayez owned, but isn't it possible that if a criminal
was checking Theo Hayez's phone after kinghitting
him on the slope (say if the criminal was looking
through the phone's menu's and data to see if the
criminal could find any financial information to
enable stealing of money), that the phone may have
alerted (buzzed, whatever) and displayed,
(or the criminal may have selected to display), the
FaceBook Messenger received message from Theo
Hayez's friend in Europe, and even though not
understanding the Belgian language content of
that message, the criminal simply selected the
'M Suggestion' 'suggested response' to that
message and sent it to the friend in Europe?
This would act to give the impression that it
was Hayez responding to the friend's message
(and thereby, so the criminal's thinking may have
been, to hopefully prevent any immediate alarm
on the part of Theo's friend if there had been no
response from Theo Hayez's phone, and perhaps
also the criminal hoped to fob off the sender so
they would stop sending many other messages to
the phone, at least while the phone was being
checked by the criminal).
I am Belgian and he was just speaking French, no such thing as « Belgian » . That being said, he answered, « ouais, grave!« the slang used and the way he said ouais and not just oui, I highly doubt it was an AI answer. This « grave!« is very colloquial. Not at all something I would expect as a predictive answer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
extremevertigo
Back