Australia Australia - Theo Hayez, 18, Belgian backpacker, Byron Bay, 31 May 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Iphi, thankyou for your comment.
I am aware since Frederick Forsyth's novel 'The Dogs of War'
that there is no specific Belgian language, for brevity I used
the phrase "Belgian language content" rather than 'likely
French or Dutch language content'.
Can you suggest a Belgian discussion forum where the Theo
Hayez matter is discussed in depth?

@Iphi, thankyou for your comment.
I am aware since Frederick Forsyth's novel 'The Dogs of War'
that there is no specific Belgian language, for brevity I used
the phrase "Belgian language content" rather than 'likely
French or Dutch language content'.
Can you suggest a Belgian discussion forum where the Theo
Hayez matter is discussed in depth?
Sorry about that! I am not aware of any belgian forums in French or Flemish.
The best source of information that I have found is this thread on websleuths.

seems weird to me if their theory is still he tried to climb the cliffs and fell, died and his body was washed out to sea

who is going to call in and claim the reward... the cliffs?

i mean i really want this solved for the family so they can find some closure and take theo home if possible at all
I believe was led there by *someone* who he must have met at the field. He wouldn't have known how to go that way and I reckon they made him believe they had a shortcut or a party at the beach.or something to lure him that way. If that hat was his favourite (I'm sure I read that somewhere) then he wouldn't have just left it behind. maybe he lost his phone at the last ping site the phone was taken by whoever. Theo tried run back the way he came and lost his hat when *whoever*, who knew this track, caught up with him and done *whatever * and buried or removed the body. I just don't believe he would keep checking his maps, if he was just heading back to the hostel, while heading down that track. It is sad that it has taken so long and no one bothered to check who was regular there at that time?

this sunday oct 16 channel nine 60mins has an episode about theo, with former homicide detective gary jubelin, liz hayes and theos mother interviewed

Last edited:
this sunday oct 16 channel nine 60mins has an episode about theo, with former homicide detective gary jubelin, liz hayes and theos mother interviewed
I am looking forward to this show. Hopefully they can shed a little more insight onto this tragic mystery.

It will be interesting to see what Garry Jubelin has to say on this. Love him or hate him his record, determination and experience can’t be questioned.

I know Theo going on his own and then ending up climbing the hill and falling over is a possibility, however in my opinion I just cant get my head around that being the scenario that happened. It would take some awfully hard evidence to make me believe that’s what actually happened.

Seeing the trauma and pain still on JP’s and Vinciane’s face is so hard to take. I can’t imagine what they go through on a daily basis.

I am looking forward to this show. Hopefully they can shed a little more insight onto this tragic mystery.

It will be interesting to see what Garry Jubelin has to say on this. Love him or hate him his record, determination and experience can’t be questioned.

I know Theo going on his own and then ending up climbing the hill and falling over is a possibility, however in my opinion I just cant get my head around that being the scenario that happened. It would take some awfully hard evidence to make me believe that’s what actually happened.

Seeing the trauma and pain still on JP’s and Vinciane’s face is so hard to take. I can’t imagine what they go through on a daily basis.

The preview I saw said that Gary doesn't think Theo went to the beach alone, and that he (as an investigator) "would be looking for the people".

(No 9Now account needed to see this brief excerpt)

not sure if there was much new in tonights 60mins programme? gj convinced theo wasnt alone and that track is so dark and hidden he must have been led there by someone, walking at speed to keep up, losing his hat in the dark? which makes me wonder was he lured by the promise of a party or drugs, did they take drugs on that final beach and he was assaulted and left in the surf and swept out, or did he try swimming in a high state and get caught in that huge rip which was close to shore that night, was he checking and answering his texts etc while waiting for the drugs to kick in, acid or other hallucinatory drugs? did he try to climb the cliff in the dark? so sad, his poor family, and all those days passed before his mother found his google acc number to track his path

I have followed this sorry since Theo went missing, I haven’t commented before, as I don’t have concrete ‘evidence‘ but I have real like experience as a traveller, I have stayed in various back packers/hostels in Byron Bay and I can recall that ‘The Wake-Up Hostel’ used to offer Sunrise walks to the Lighthouse via the Milne Track for their backpackers. Of course there is nothing on thier website now but I have always thought the 5 day time delay between Theo missing and the hostel reporting him missing very unusual given how busy all the backpackers in Bryon bay always are. Given what we are told, that Theo was a sensible young man, he stopped at the cricket grounds for 7 minutes and continued down the Milne track in the dark night, IMO he wouldnt have trusted a stranger, but possibly someone working or staying at the Wake Up hostel. Someone who is definitely long gone by now! I hope Gary Jublin is going through the entire police file with a fine comb!

I have followed this sorry since Theo went missing, I haven’t commented before, as I don’t have concrete ‘evidence‘ but I have real like experience as a traveller, I have stayed in various back packers/hostels in Byron Bay and I can recall that ‘The Wake-Up Hostel’ used to offer Sunrise walks to the Lighthouse via the Milne Track for their backpackers. Of course there is nothing on thier website now but I have always thought the 5 day time delay between Theo missing and the hostel reporting him missing very unusual given how busy all the backpackers in Bryon bay always are. Given what we are told, that Theo was a sensible young man, he stopped at the cricket grounds for 7 minutes and continued down the Milne track in the dark night, IMO he wouldnt have trusted a stranger, but possibly someone working or staying at the Wake Up hostel. Someone who is definitely long gone by now! I hope Gary Jublin is going through the entire police file with a fine comb!
BBM - I agree. That may be why no one is coming forward for the $500,000.

not sure if there was much new in tonights 60mins programme? gj convinced theo wasnt alone and that track is so dark and hidden he must have been led there by someone, walking at speed to keep up, losing his hat in the dark? which makes me wonder was he lured by the promise of a party or drugs, did they take drugs on that final beach and he was assaulted and left in the surf and swept out, or did he try swimming in a high state and get caught in that huge rip which was close to shore that night, was he checking and answering his texts etc while waiting for the drugs to kick in, acid or other hallucinatory drugs? did he try to climb the cliff in the dark? so sad, his poor family, and all those days passed before his mother found his google acc number to track his path
I noticed a few weird things in the maps they showed on the program. They showed the Belgian map and a blue dot gps map. There were a few dots that seemed out of place. The talk about the gps being quite accurate. There appears to be one that’s almost in the scrub on Massenger st. There’s the triangle around Carlyle and Cowper street. And the big one is there seems to be a deviation on the Milne track which seems to go off onto evans street.

Check these screen shots out from the episode. I wonder if they’ve been investigated?

Attachments

• D485F9BF-5E9E-4BC3-9B47-1D14663D624D.jpeg
    D485F9BF-5E9E-4BC3-9B47-1D14663D624D.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 21C39F96-E076-4D2C-860D-262AF8C0CBF6.jpeg
    21C39F96-E076-4D2C-860D-262AF8C0CBF6.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 97C02B64-49B6-4EBC-AF12-752FFC89BBB5.jpeg
    97C02B64-49B6-4EBC-AF12-752FFC89BBB5.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 23
  • A208F018-EF48-4379-A5E8-20798C1ED83A.jpeg
    A208F018-EF48-4379-A5E8-20798C1ED83A.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 20
  • A17ED9C2-09E2-4F34-89BD-2B6725908707.jpeg
    A17ED9C2-09E2-4F34-89BD-2B6725908707.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 23
  • 79AA6AF8-6998-4DCD-B956-973DDB212B23.jpeg
    79AA6AF8-6998-4DCD-B956-973DDB212B23.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 226788C6-C579-4199-92F9-5E0470F46794.jpeg
    226788C6-C579-4199-92F9-5E0470F46794.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 27
yes, i see he was all over the place, hoping those apartment buildings and side st diversions were thoroughly checked, plus their cctv, looking at street view its hard to see if either apt buildings have them though? the belgium police seemed to be more thorough, byron police seem to have written him off from the start, im wondering if theres a local targeting young male travellers and if so the ideal place to meet them would be a backpackers, where they may work?

Nothing is surprising with the findings here, there is a lack of evidence to strongly prove one way or the other what really happened to Theo.

One thing is for sure though - this is a massive tragedy.

Theo seemed to be such a fine young man with a very bright future ahead of him.

I sincerely hope that if foul play was involved that someone speaks up, however I don't think we will ever 100% know what happened.

Hopefully Theo's family can move on with their lives, this must be so difficult for them not knowing.

rbbm
''The key question during the 12-day inquest was whether Theo was alone and died as a result of tragic misadventure or whether others were involved.

Today the Magistrate O'Sullivan found there was "insufficient evidence to substantiate or dismiss either theory".

She told the court she could not conclude Theo died as a result of misadventure.

"There is no clear evidence that Theo was drunk and none at all that he had consumed drugs," Magistrate O'Sullivan said.

"Assuming that Theo was in his right mind, it is difficult to accept he ended up at Cosy Corner of his own volition."
But Magistrate O'Sullivan also told the court "the random murder of a backpacker visiting Byron Bay would be unprecedented"

''Speaking to the media outside Byron Bay Court House, Theo's godfather Jean-Philippe Pector said he hoped the ongoing offer of a $500,000 reward from NSW Police would produce fresh evidence.

"We are still hoping for something more," he said.''

This will be a very sad day for Theo's family, but I think the Coronial Findings were expected - at least by his mum, and I think his brother also. imo

In the 60 Minutes show, Theo's mum said "If you want to go on living, there is a time when you need to stop" "There will always be sadness 'til the very end of our life, 'til the last day of our life, but it is maybe healthy to stop searching"

As a reminder:

These are the RULES concerning social media. There are several pages allowed to be linked and discussed. However, the following applies to even those:

Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumors. Just don't mention them.

Also, posting screenshots of comments, posts or private conversations is not allowed.

Thanks for helping keep Websleuths amazing!

- Mad

@ 00:55. There's a 17-minute pause of phone activity between the time Theo uses his camera at 00:38 and a WhatsApp message he sends at 00:55. Interestingly, according to Google maps (see image ) it is exactly a 17-minute walk from the tip of the lighthouse road (where he might have taken a picture of the lighthouse?) to the Captain Cook Parking area which is very close to Theo's last CEL location data @ 00:56. (this location data could be unreliable? Then again, maybe not?)
THEOAREALASTWALKED.png

17minutes.png
startswalkingdown.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member