Australia Australia - Theo Hayez, 18, Belgian backpacker, Byron Bay, 31 May 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO it's quite obvious that Theo couldn't have been alone that night. For one thing he didn't know the Milne track. He hadn't been there before. It's obvious that others do know that track... even at dark.

A chain is as strong as its weakest link. There are several weak links (mismatches) in the chain of events concerning Theo's disappearance.
Surprisingly, police has chosen to ignore those mismatches and to focus on the 'normal stuff' instead.

Hopefully the 60 minutes programme will bring change to their focus!

Regardless whether Theo was "spaced" or not, someone out there knows what happened and should speak up.
I get the vibe more and more now that those who lead him through to Tallows were leading him on a purposeful goose chase in the dark for a laugh in their eyes. The fact that Theo kept looking at his Google maps as he went along makes you think he’s not sure he’s being lead in the right direction here but he was already thick in the bush by then. Importantly early on those he met DIDNT choose to walk him through the Tennyson St bush to Lawson which would have got him to Wake Up quickly. So they either made up some rubbish about a non existent bush or beach party or if they honestly thought there was one, they chose not to use the appropriate Tallows Beach track to the right to get there. I’m picturing either 1-3 little (or big) *advertiser censored* doing it all for a laugh at an unsuspecting tourist. Or someone leading him thru who had a mental illness.

I get the vibe more and more now that those who lead him through to Tallows were leading him on a purposeful goose chase in the dark for a laugh in their eyes. The fact that Theo kept looking at his Google maps as he went along makes you think he’s not sure he’s being lead in the right direction here but he was already thick in the bush by then. Importantly early on those he met DIDNT choose to walk him through the Tennyson St bush to Lawson which would have got him to Wake Up quickly. So they either made up some rubbish about a non existent bush or beach party or if they honestly thought there was one, they chose not to use the appropriate Tallows Beach track to the right to get there. I’m picturing either 1-3 little (or big) *advertiser censored* doing it all for a laugh at an unsuspecting tourist. Or someone leading him thru who had a mental illness.
After having read up about this case since the 60 minutes program 10 days or so ago I think a few theories apart from the police theory stand out: He got to the beach with a few other people and for some reason was left alone, they may have left because there wasn't anything and Thoe got separated from them. He went to Cozy corner and after sending his last messages called it a night and decided to walk out of there at dawn, the tide was going out so if he was sleeping near that last GPS spot the sea would have reached him in the morning. There is a drain or rip they call it right in front of his last GPS location. Anyone with some experience with currents and rips knows how easy it is to get caught in it and to be taken way out to sea. The other theory is if he got to town and there's no indication at all of him feeling scared or in danger then he might have decided to power down his phone to save battery which Lisa his cousin says in the inquests I believe was something she had seen him do, and maybe got a ride out of town he was looking at an area towards to pacific highway on his phone. I read that there was a woman who was sure she saw him a few days later some 220 miles from BB, and she reported it to the police.

If you look at google maps (see image) you'll notice the last GPS spot is right in the water, and when Theo was there at that spot the water was much lower, but then in the early morning, the tide comes in and goes way up.

Attachments

• theolastspotGPS.png
    theolastspotGPS.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 19
@ 00:55. There's a 17-minute pause of phone activity between the time Theo uses his camera at 00:38 and a WhatsApp message he sends at 00:55. Interestingly, according to Google maps (see image ) it is exactly a 17-minute walk from the tip of the lighthouse road (where he might have taken a picture of the lighthouse?) to the Captain Cook Parking area which is very close to Theo's last CEL location data @ 00:56. (this location data could be unreliable? Then again, maybe not?)
View attachment 375717

View attachment 375719
View attachment 375720
I've been following this case but stopped after the inquest so may have missed some developments. Could you explain the CEL location data placing Theo close to town at 0.56am, i had always thought his last location from phone/ social accounts had him at the beach? Thanks

I've been following this case but stopped after the inquest so may have missed some developments. Could you explain the CEL location data placing Theo close to town at 0.56am, i had always thought his last location from phone/ social accounts had him at the beach? Thanks
I believe they are two different things.
The location at the beach was tracked by gps, and when it was turned off, the phone was still active pinging until the next day.
So they could tell which tower he was in range of after the gps was off but not his specific location.

Was there ever any DNA tests done on the long stick/club labelled "The Judge" that looked like it had blood on it that was found?
Was that mentioned in the inquest? Will have to rewatch.
I think there was a local Facebook post about it with comments saying it wasn’t taken seriously by police at the time. I think you can still find them on google.

I think there was a local Facebook post about it with comments saying it wasn’t taken seriously by police at the time. I think you can still find them on google.
I've been speaking to someone who sent me the news story. Reckons he knows who done it, but the cops won't do anything about it.

I don't recall if it was mentioned in the inquest, but the article was from Nov 2019.

The guy in question is known to police and has spoken with private detectives.
Every version of his story gets checked but there’s no evidence of anything any of his claims, and others mentioned in his stories don’t corroborate.
I believe he means well but he’s a bit confused and because everyone in town cares what happened to Theo, he’s using that to try to get some attention for himself. He has also been assaulted in the dunes years ago and feels he got no justice for himself so he tells stories about Theo so people talk to him and he can tell them about his own incident and try to put it on who attacked him.

I believe they are two different things.
The location at the beach was tracked by gps, and when it was turned off, the phone was still active pinging until the next day.
So they could tell which tower he was in range of after the gps was off but not his specific location.
Thanks, that makes sense. I noticed at the inquest a Professor of Telecoms sated the cell tower triangulation was accurate within c 80 metres (distinct from GPS which was much more precise).

If you look at google maps (see image) you'll notice the last GPS spot is right in the water, and when Theo was there at that spot the water was much lower, but then in the early morning, the tide comes in and goes way up.
Excellent observation, and also great point on tide position - seems obvious after you pointed it out but I had not considered tide when looking at the GPS location points.

When I heard that a human bone was found at Byron Bay I immediately thought of Theo.

I wonder if Theo's family will ever have closure on his disappearance?
Was hoping the same, but we did have a tourist get swept out about a month or so ago. Likely him.

From Looking for Theo Hayez Facebook page:

The New South Wales Police informed us that the DNA from the bone recently discovered by a diver in Byron Bay did not match the DNA profiles of any missing person on both the NSW and National DNA Databases, including Théo’s
Was there any update on the bone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho
Back