Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this absolutely discouraging. :(

Might just be investigators have no definitive timeline; not they know nothing at all.

Still need time to collate and analyse information before conclusion can be released to the public.

Excuse if this has already been answered, in previous threads, I am still a bit of a noob to WS.

Does anybody know know if they CAN actually retrieve a deleted FB account and its messages? Any tech savvy peeps out there?

IMO If not, it should be something that FB takes responsibility for. If it is not going to take responsibility for the many paedophiles cruising FB not unlike someone doing online shopping.... ooh I like that one.

Remind your children to keep their profiles private and keep them
safe :loveyou:

There are spots other than Facebook where teenagers hang. I think the fact that Tia didn't have a smart device of her own is probably making her social media messages more difficult to retrieve. One popular site is offshore and quite strange.

Excuse if this has already been answered, in previous threads, I am still a bit of a noob to WS.

Does anybody know know if they CAN actually retrieve a deleted FB account and its messages? Any tech savvy peeps out there?

IMO If not, it should be something that FB takes responsibility for. If it is not going to take responsibility for the many paedophiles cruising FB not unlike someone doing online shopping.... ooh I like that one.

Remind your children to keep their profiles private and keep them
safe :loveyou:

Yes, they can, even if the user (or someone else) deletes them.

Online privacy for children is a must and I think parents should be responsible for ensuring they are tech savvy. Familiarise yourself with any social media privacy settings and make sure you have their passwords to access their phones, ipads, laptops, etc.

1968, I think the police know how to access Facebook accounts and other sites. There are Queensland police who do nothing else but social media investigations.

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

There are spots other than Facebook where teenagers hang. I think the fact that Tia didn't have a smart device of her own is probably making her social media messages more difficult to retrieve. One popular site is offshore and quite strange.

This is true but usually predators make initial contact with children on popular social media sites and waylay them to chat/webcam sites posing as peers of the same or opposite sex. They'd be able to retrieve Tiah's account from FB's servers regardless of whether she had her own smartphone or she (or someone else) deleted her account.

This is true but usually predators make initial contact with children on popular social media sites and waylay them to chat/webcam sites posing as peers of the same or opposite sex. They'd be able to retrieve Tiah's account from FB's servers regardless of whether she had her own smartphone or she (or someone else) deleted her account.
I think about the other site because Tia's peers haven't been forthcoming.
At some stage I hope we know if this was random or not ...
:candle:

1968, I think the police know how to access Facebook accounts and other sites. There are Queensland police who do nothing else but social media investigations.

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

I would think that in 1968 that police would have a really hard time knowing what Facebook, or even the internet was!

I think about the other site because Tia's peers haven't been forthcoming.
At some stage I hope we know if this was random or not ...
:candle:

You mean twitter or Snapchat. Snapchat is a site children shouldn't post to at all IMO. Twitter do keep accounts on their servers after deletion due child sexual offenders' use. It's the chat/webcam sites thare the real worry. Often their servers are located overseas in countries where they can operate legally and information is unable to be retrieved. Then there is the whole problem of P2P and IRC.

As for Tiah's peers, it may have been reported they weren't forthcoming but that could be for their own protection. I think it may be an case of an online child predator. Our kids are so vulnerable; especially foster children such as Tiahleigh IMO. Tiah was crying out for any tiny bit of understanding and affection, I think, hence her reported 'acting out'. Poor little love.

I think that LE have to get special warrants to retrieve information from Facebook, as Facebook takes the privacy of its users seriously, and it can take months before LE can get the information they need.

You mean twitter or Snapchat. Snapchat is a site children shouldn't post to at all IMO. Twitter do keep accounts on their servers after deletion due child sexual offenders' use. It's the chat/webcam sites thare the real worry. Often their servers are located overseas in countries where they can operate legally and information is unable to be retrieved. Then there is the whole problem of P2P and IRC.

As for Tiah's peers, it may have been reported they weren't forthcoming but that could be for their own protection. I think it may be an case of an online child predator. Our kids are so vulnerable; especially foster children such as Tiahleigh IMO. Tiah was crying out for any tiny bit of understanding and affection, I think, hence her reported 'acting out'. Poor little love.

I was referring to a popular site with teens that has "Ask" in the name <modsnip>

I think that LE have to get special warrants to retrieve information from Facebook, as Facebook takes the privacy of its users seriously, and it can take months before LE can get the information they need.

FB; in particular, is branded as a friendly, safe site for 13 yos up. They fork over their information PDQ (and what you think of as 'your' information, in reality, is their property if you read their TOS and T&C) when it comes to these types of crimes; in particular. Yes, investigators need a warrant but this is done ASAP if they think FB is relevant to the investigation.

It's not as easy as you think for the police to get info ( via warrants ) for facebook. In another case that I am following, this is what the police are currently dealing with. A young lady called Carly McBride went missing, assumed murdered, from Muswellbrook on 30 sep 2014 & the police are still trying to find who closed her facebook in the hours/days before her disappearance.

Here is a link to Carly's thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...arly-McBride-31-Muswellbrook-NSW-30-Sept-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member