Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't open for me unfortunately...

Sent from my SM

just a bit of that article referred to, PE..

'What this family did was despicable how much did this little girl have to suffer before her life was ended before it even begun. I hear that resources are strained !!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH this system needs to change i thought we were no longer in the dark ages. Why were the family not checked up on? Complaints were made obviously the Foster father has 9 seperate charges not related to Tialeigh so why werent they followed up on.May '

I think Makara may have been referring to the bit I have bolded there.......
Cheers. That is a real worry.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ugh, so the son has been charged with incest (assuming foster sister) and the father charged with her murder?

What terrifies me is the father looks so average, you would never guess.

I'm not surprised about the ad after Tiah's death, he had the nerve to carry her coffin after all.

Ugh, so the son has been charged with incest (assuming foster sister) and the father charged with her murder?

What terrifies me is the father looks so average, you would never guess.

I'm not surprised about the ad after Tiah's death, he had the nerve to carry her coffin after all.

i am also truely appalled & horrified Ang. My worst fears realised. I struggle continously with the fact that genuine human beings can inflict pain and terror against another.

And the kids FFS .. What is going here in their development..

Tiahleigh Palmer's 19-year-old foster brother Trent Thorburn now charged with a string of offences including perjury.

Tiahleigh's 56-year-old foster father Rick Thorburn has been charged with murder and interfering with a corpse.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1306818906018316&id=226735937359957

His FB:
https://m.facebook.com/trent.thorburn.1?fref=ts

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/trentthorburn1/

That's the one that creeped me when I saw him.
Something wrong with that one for sure.

How did police make the breakthrough arrests?

The arrests on Tuesday come after police confirmed the car which was seized last week and labelled a "vehicle of interest" belonged to Tiahleigh Palmer's foster father, Rick Thorburn.

It is a 2009 blue-coloured Ford XR6 sedan.

Detective Inspector Damien Hansen detective inspector homicide said the investigation has been one of the most difficult cases he's ever worked on but praised the work of police and the community.

"We've had over 3000 separate lines of inquiry during this investigation," Hanson told media on Tuesday afternoon.

http://m.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016...w-about-the-tiahleigh-palmer-murder-investig/

They all knew of course.

Police have charged a 20-year-old man and a 54-year-old woman as part of their investigation into the alleged murder of Tiahleigh Palmer.

Both has been charged with one count each of perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

This follows the charging of a 56-year-old Chambers Flat man with one count each of murder and interfering with a corpse.

As well as the charging of a 19-year-old Chambers Flat man with two counts of perjury and one count each of attempting to pervert the course of justice and incest.

The 56-year-old and 19-year-old men will appear before the Beenleigh Magistrates Court tomorrow.

The 20-year-old Chambers Flat man and the 54-year-old Chambers Flat woman are due to appear in the Beenleigh Magistrates Court on October 10.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2016/09/21/update-4-tiahleigh-palmer-investigation/

Cops allege Tiahleigh Palmer murdered to protect family secret

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...7e9813a1263bf6f0694e1d52bd090?from=public_rss

TIAHLEIGH Palmer was murdered by her foster father to protect his 19-year-old son who was sexually involved with the 12-year-old Logan schoolgirl, police will allege.

They will allege that Chambers Flat man Rick Thorburn, 56, killed 12-year-old Tiahleigh after discovering the relationship with his son Trent during the 10 months she was in foster care with the family.

The arrests came a day after Tiahleigh’s distraught biological mother Cindy revealed a 2009 Ford Falcon XR6 seized by police last week as part of the investigation previously belonged to Rick Thorburn before it was sold.

The Thorburns had been persons of interest in the murder probe and a call to Crime Stoppers in April helped crack the case, senior police told The Courier-Mail

The perjury charges against Trent Thorburn are believed to relate to allegedly false testimony given to secret Crime and Corruption Commission hearings. The CCC regularly holds “star chamber” hearings to obtain evidence on major crimes, and can force people to testify under the threat of charges.

Sooo.. was she pregnant? Or threatening to tell someone?

Tiahleigh Palmer: Pallbearer foster dad turns murder accused

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/10f0539247643dc7c3a17aeb91ae1028

He was the foster father to 12-year-old Tiahleigh Palmer. He wore a face of grief as pallbearer at the funeral of the bright Logan schoolgirl whose body was found on a river bank.

Now, almost a year after her disappearance and death, 56-year-old Rick Thorburn has been charged with her murder and his youngest son, Trent, 19, with perjury and incest. The charges yesterday followed a dramatic few days during which Tiahleigh’s mother, Cindy Palmer, criticised police and took to social media to out Mr Thorburn as the former owner of a car seized last week in the hunt for the killer.

As speculation grew about the target of the investigation, police swooped on the Thorburn home at Chambers Flat, south of Brisbane, and took Mr Thorburn, his wife, Julene, 54, and sons Trent and Josh into custody.

Within hours, Mr Thorburn, a classic car dealer and former truck driver, was charged with *Tiahleigh’s murder and interfering with a corpse and Trent with attempting to pervert the course of justice, *incest and two charges of perjury.

One avenue of investigation police are understood to be pursuing is whether Mr Thorburn allegedly murdered Tiahleigh to protect Trent when he discovered his 19-year-old son sexually *assaulted the 12-year-old girl. It is understood the breakthrough came after the family had to *appear at secret “star chamber’’ hearings of the Crime and Corruption Commission.

The CCC has increasingly been drafted by police to use its compulsion powers to force witnesses to give evidence under the threat of jail.

Were there more sightings? Or just this one?

Hmm from what I can find only this one. There was report that she was seen at maccas but there was not CCTV to support this. Then it has been said that the FF was the last one to see her alive however police never actually verified his version of events with witnesses on the day she went missing. So it is very possible that she was murdered the night before.

The foster care mother, 54, entrusted to look after Tiahleigh, was charged with perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice. Her 20-year-old son has also been charged with the same offences and both will appear in the Beenleigh Magistrates Court on October 10.

The parents were registered foster parents and blue card holders, prompting Bravehearts founder Hetty Johnston to question the vetting process.

“We have to really start to question what vetting was done and if there was anything we should have known about that would have made these particular people not suitable for foster care,’’ she said.

(The eggheads don't get it)

However Foster Care Queensland’s executive director Bryan Smith defended the organisation.

“I am completely confident in the type of checking and in the system itself. We are very confident with the process

http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...n/news-story/ac9b7316cfa5c4f5270422e1c4867e72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme