Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All may not be as it seems.? Didn't the foster father say to the media to go away they were upsetting his son? Maybe Thornburn is going to do the time so the others can get the money. What a good provider would do.....
Yes, and I'm curious as to why incest and not child sex offences? A 19 year old and a 12 year old?

Both their FB pages have gone *poof* already.

When I was snooping before MSM knew about the car being the foster Father's I came across a post by Rick advertising a place to take in students over the Christmas holidays. I think it was aimed at exchange students. It was posted on a schools Facebook page.. Wonder if he ever did

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And where he mentions his Blue Card.

Both their FB pages have gone *poof* already.

When I was snooping before MSM knew about the car being the foster Father's I came across a post by Rick advertising a place to take in students over the Christmas holidays. I think it was aimed at exchange students. It was posted on a schools Facebook page.. Wonder if he ever did

I saw it too, its going around on the CWL fb group. He posted it only a few weeks after her body was found. This guy is unbelievable!!

I'm a bit lost here. Is Foster Caring a government job? Or lurk, or WHAT? Do you get an income stream? I'm younger and more able to provide a stable environment for a kid than these clowns. I work full time but live very close to good schools in a very safe suburb. I would have taken a kid like Tiahleigh in if I knew I could help. And I wouldn't expect payment. These people are bad.

Pretty sure you get all centrelink benefits as if the child was your own, ie family tax benefit, child care benefit etc plus money from the child services department, they actually get quite a bit. I know of someone who paid cash for a inground pool on one years worth on gov benefits.

This Thorburn must have had some sort of clout at home for all 3 of them, and him , to keep the secret. I am assuming they all knew... knew at once , if not during her murder. Possibly were in discussion before her murder. So he , and they, were successful in keeping this secret all this time. That takes clout and real determination , and tremendous control , emotionaly , psychiatrically, physically, that family held their repellent doings to itself for a very long time. ...

Something has broken that control... . or, at least some part of the control.

All may not be as it seems.? Didn't the foster father say to the media to go away they were upsetting his son? Maybe Thornburn is going to do the time so the others can get the money. What a good provider would do.....
Yes, and I'm curious as to why incest and not child sex offences? A 19 year old and a 12 year old?

Maybe it's not about Tiahleigh but has been uncovered in the investigation? Unlikely though, see Occam's Razor. Maybe it's just a placeholder charge while the police try to get evidence for something better. Anyway, it will all come out in the wash I expect. Poor Tiah, what a sad life. Let down by every adult, even, I'm sure, by some adults who didn't mean to, or who wanted to do better but couldn't. And then, at the last, to be abused and killed by the person who was meant to keep her safe. Even the community's own view of her as a "foster child" trapped her; every time she ran away, it was just because she "had gone to her friend's" or was "defiant". Her running away was normalised and a low priority, because she was "in care". To be a foster carer, entrusted with the care and responsibility of our most vulnerable children, should be one of the greatest privileges a society like ours can offer. What an incredible abuse of trust. I feel very sad tonight.

If gaps can be identified in the approval of these particular carers and why the assessment process failed here, then there can be learning that might save other children. That's what I hope, but it will all be too late for Tiahleigh.

I just had to pop in to say how terribly terribly sad I am for Tiahleigh, her mum and her loved ones. Noone to protect her and keep her safe. My heart is aching for her right now and the fear and confusion and helplessness she must have felt, been continually returned to an environment that obviously was destroying her. The only blessing right now is they (hopefully) won't get their hands on any other innocent victims...though with the way our courts and parole system operate, even that right now seems questionable.

RT advertised that he was Blue Card approved. Wonder if his sons are as well?

Blue cards and exemption cards for foster or kinship carers

A blue card (or exemption card) is a card issued by the Public Safety Business Agency (Blue Card Services) and indicates that a person is eligible to work with children and young people in Queensland.

All foster and kinship carers and their adult household members (over 18) are legally required to hold a blue card or exemption card.

Blue cards are valid for three years. Exemption cards for police officers and registered teachers do not expire.

All adult members who live in your household will need to apply for and receive a blue card or exemption card before you can be approved as a carer.

Even if you are an approved carer with a blue card, all adult members (over 18) of your household need to have a blue card or exemption card.

To apply for a blue card or exemption card, you must:

go to a Child Safety Service Centre (CSSC)
bring two forms of identification that, together, show your:
- full name
- date of birth
- signature
complete a blue card application form.

If you live in a remote area

If you live more than 50km from your CSSC, or have a disability affecting your mobility, you can mail your form to a CSSC.

BBM.

These things are easy to get, my daughter had to apply for one through the school when she did work placement at a child care centre. Its pretty much a police check so if you've never been caught for something then you're good to get one basically.

I'm sickened knowing these Govt. eggheads are making the most stupid decisions and putting our most volnerable children at risk.

I'd love to be able to change the world but I just don't know where to start. Maybe collectively we all can.
Many of us are mums and I believe a mothers love is the most strongest universal power.

If foster brother was sexually assaulting her, I'm wondering if she threatened to tell the police. Maybe the foster brother or foster father killed her to keep her quiet :(

If foster brother was sexually assaulting her, I'm wondering if she threatened to tell the police. Maybe the foster brother or foster father killed her to keep her quiet :(

I wondered that too! [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't open for me unfortunately...

Sent from my SM

just a bit of that article referred to, PE..

'What this family did was despicable how much did this little girl have to suffer before her life was ended before it even begun. I hear that resources are strained !!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH this system needs to change i thought we were no longer in the dark ages. Why were the family not checked up on? Complaints were made obviously the Foster father has 9 seperate charges not related to Tialeigh so why werent they followed up on.May '

I think Makara may have been referring to the bit I have bolded there.......

I saw it too, its going around on the CWL fb group. He posted it only a few weeks after her body was found. This guy is unbelievable!!
I just remembered that I screenshot the post as it had his mobile number on there. You're right, it was only a few weeks after Tiahleigh was murdered!! November 23rd... He is disgusting! It's like he doesn't even have any remorse... just went on to look for another meal ticket.

I'd love to hear their explanation for why they had a garage sale a few weeks ago and sold everything they owned. I guess they knew the police were getting close but you'd be stupid to think it didn't look suss. I wonder what their plan was... go into hiding?

Can someone help me out with the rules here please...

We can copy and paste from MSM Facebook pages yes? And by that I mean a post by the MSM page itself and not a comment by someone. Because if so I've found one that names the 19-year-old foster brother. Wanting to make sure it's okay to post first though..

Can someone help me out with the rules here please...

We can copy and paste from MSM Facebook pages yes? And by that I mean a post by the MSM page itself and not a comment by someone. Because if so I've found one that names the 19-year-old foster brother. Wanting to make sure it's okay to post first though..

Yes you can post from recognised MSM Facebooks.

'Det-Insp Hansen also announced the foster father’s 19-year-old son had been charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice, incest and two charges of perjury in relation to Crime and Corruption Commission hearings.'

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/four-questioned-over-murder-of-brisbane-girl-tiahleigh-palmer/news-story/a947040c152503f6dc57b6839caf0ae4

• " The Crime and Corruption Commission investigates organised crime, paedophilia, terrorist activity and other serious crime referred to it for investigation.."....from their website .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme