Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's not about Tiahleigh but has been uncovered in the investigation? Unlikely though, see Occam's Razor. Maybe it's just a placeholder charge while the police try to get evidence for something better. Anyway, it will all come out in the wash I expect. Poor Tiah, what a sad life. Let down by every adult, even, I'm sure, by some adults who didn't mean to, or who wanted to do better but couldn't. And then, at the last, to be abused and killed by the person who was meant to keep her safe. Even the community's own view of her as a "foster child" trapped her; every time she ran away, it was just because she "had gone to her friend's" or was "defiant". Her running away was normalised and a low priority, because she was "in care". To be a foster carer, entrusted with the care and responsibility of our most vulnerable children, should be one of the greatest privileges a society like ours can offer. What an incredible abuse of trust. I feel very sad tonight.

If gaps can be identified in the approval of these particular carers and why the assessment process failed here, then there can be learning that might save other children. That's what I hope, but it will all be too late for Tiahleigh.
I agree with everything you say...:goodpost: Tialeigh kept running away from foster carers because she wanted to live with her bio mum, who unfortunately was unable to care for her...Such a sad sad story all round....MOO.

TIAHLEIGH Palmer was murdered by her foster father to protect his 19-year-old son who was sexually involved with the 12-year-old Logan schoolgirl, police will allege.
WTF. That was supposed to be a solution?

I think FD was a "little" over protective. Obviously poor Tiah was cast as the bad guy.

She wasn't pregnant was she? It sounds like they needed to stop her talking...sometimes pregnancy can be the catalyst.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

This is the 19yo, Trent, who is charged with incest. The foster brother pictured above is the older sibling. (source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-year-old-foster-sister-Tiahleigh-Palmer.html)

78520d817b902d45bdf1fe111f513554.jpg

79ebc6ef99a8899e947c2ad8c4f51f20.jpg

1a924eb497f039c002ef1838439a2d06.jpg

b465cb4559572f12df10dd1cf28b18a4.jpg

WTF. That was supposed to be a solution?

protecting his 'income stream' . I can see how his 'solution' appealed. And with drongo's like this in charge = However Foster Care Queensland’s executive director Bryan Smith defended the organisation.

“I am completely confident in the type of checking and in the system itself. We are very confident with the process'.... what could go wrong? Here is the executive director of FCQ, in the face of a childs body, in the certainty of the foster-father being charged with murder, with the unedifying sight of the foster-brother up on incest charges and perjury, with the foster-mother on charges of perjury and perverting the course of justice, and the other foster-brother , ditto, and the bloke in charge of placements says he is confident in the checking and system itself.

In the real world,, this syndrome is called terminal denial of reality, and are your average murderers best accomplice. Like the folks who let Brett Cowan out on parole, like the people who lent Baden-Clay money, like the people who , oh I could go on, but it is plain and unavoidable that the checking and the system is not working. One murder is surely enough to make that obvious....

I am intensely curious as to exactly what the Thorburn crew were doing at a Star Chamber in the Qld Corruption investigation, and I wonder if he inserted himself into that , as murderers often do to get some status and credibility for later on down the track.... Were they themselves being looked into, or where they upstanding members of the community, blowing the whistle at great risk to their lives on some horrible Qld copper. ..

Naturally, Thorburn senior is going to cast himself as the man who made the big sacrifice for his son, sure, sure, I killed her to protect us all, my son made a mistake.. it is just as likely he killed Tia out of jealousy, or because she refused to allow him access to her body, which the whole family appears to believe belonged to them. Maybe the 3 of them fought over Tia till someone came up with the bright idea of moving on to another , more compliant child and discard this one ASAP.

And mum went along with this story, too. Either story, I suppose. Any story as long as the income stream isn't disturbed.

protecting his 'income stream' . I can see how his 'solution' appealed. And with drongo's like this in charge = However Foster Care Queensland’s executive director Bryan Smith defended the organisation.

“I am completely confident in the type of checking and in the system itself. We are very confident with the process'.... what could go wrong? Here is the executive director of FCQ, in the face of a childs body, in the certainty of the foster-father being charged with murder, with the unedifying sight of the foster-brother up on incest charges and perjury, with the foster-mother on charges of perjury and perverting the course of justice, and the other foster-brother , ditto, and the bloke in charge of placements says he is confident in the checking and system itself.

In the real world,, this syndrome is called terminal denial of reality, and are your average murderers best accomplice. Like the folks who let Brett Cowan out on parole, like the people who lent Baden-Clay money, like the people who , oh I could go on, but it is plain and unavoidable that the checking and the system is not working. One murder is surely enough to make that obvious....

I am intensely curious as to exactly what the Thorburn crew were doing at a Star Chamber in the Qld Corruption investigation, and I wonder if he inserted himself into that , as murderers often do to get some status and credibility for later on down the track.... Were they themselves being looked into, or where they upstanding members of the community, blowing the whistle at great risk to their lives on some horrible Qld copper. ..

Are you referring to the 'ASIO Investigation -Tiahleigh Palmer' FB page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you referring to the 'ASIO Investigation -Tiahleigh Palmer' FB page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks to Mellie, post 511 ..

I was referring to this part of Mellie's post.. .... .

One avenue of investigation police are understood to be pursuing is whether Mr Thorburn allegedly murdered Tiahleigh to protect Trent when he discovered his 19-year-old son sexually *assaulted the 12-year-old girl. It is understood the breakthrough came after the family had to *appear at secret “star chamber’’ hearings of the Crime and Corruption Commission.

'had to appear'... this could either be as witnesses or as a person of interest in a particular event.. either way, I am deeply curious about it..

I have to say, neither of those two sons look overly masculine in the tough Queensland cane cutter, drover-ish way.. .... there is something a bit wispy and ultra attentive to their appearance, that makes me wonder a bit of Tia wasn't expected by Dad Thorburn, and maybe Mum Thorburn too, to change the brothers outlooks and practices.. ... all speculation on my part.

There was talk of the foster mother getting her grubby mits on the money. Now she's been charged surely not. Does this now mean she can't? No? Excellent!

The family were selling everything, were they ready to go overseas? Fake passports, huh?
Cindi, you might have made LE act just in time. I bloody well don't blame you.

Late Tuesday night, at the end of a marathon, fast-moving day in the 11-month investigation, police confirmed they'd also charged Josh Thorburn, 20, and Tia's foster mother, Julene, with perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

The charges came after Tia's biological mother, Cindy Palmer, posted to Facebook revealing a "vehicle of interest" in the investigation had previously belonged to Mr Thorburn.

Police asked her to take the post down but admitted it had forced them to move more quickly than originally planned.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...court-for-murder-hearing-20160920-grku0l.html

Just saw on the news that Rick Thorburn is in an induced coma. His court hearing went on without him this morning. His next date to appear is in December

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tiahleigh Palmer: Accused murderer, foster father Rick Thorburn, in induced coma

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...r's-foster-father-in-coma/7864310?pfmredir=sm

The man accused of murdering his foster daughter Tiahleigh Palmer has been put in an induced coma, it has been revealed on the day he was due for his first court appearance.

Rick Thorburn was charged yesterday with murdering the 12-year-old and interfering with her corpse, with the arrest coming 11 months after Tiahleigh's body was found.

Thorburn, who was a pallbearer at Tiahleigh's funeral, collapsed at the police watchhouse last night after being charged and was taken to hospital.

His lawyer Kelly Thompson visited the Princess Alexandra Hospital this morning, telling a court hearing the 56-year-old had been put into an induced coma.

The case was adjourned until December 21.

If it was a heart complaint, I can't see why he'd be in an induced coma. I wonder what happened? Possible suicide attempt?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Mr Thorburn told police he dropped his foster daughter off at school about 8.10am that morning but police will allege that was a lie.

They'll allege he instead murdered the 12-year-old at the family home in the Logan suburb of Chambers Flat on the night of October 29, before dumping her body in the river that night or the next.

The killing was allegedly sparked by a discovery made that night, which led Mr Thorburn to kill the girl in an attempt to cover up an alleged crime Trent had committed against Tia.

The younger brother was charged over the offence but the details have not been reported for legal reasons.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...oma-wont-appear-in-court-20160921-grkwvf.html

I'm not buying the story of Rick Thorburn about how he killed Tia to save his son from being exposed as a predatory sexual deviant, because it doesn't make sense, nor add up.. not much time after Tia's disappearance, Rick was advertising to international students , portraying himself as a provider of Xmas accommodation....no mention of the son being booted out of home, so therefore, Rick was prepared to engage in the same situation .. that is, sexually active and predatory son at home, expectation of being sent a few international students, probably girls, to the Thorburn lair. Same situation arising.

Unless Rick was intent on embarking on a career of murdering young girls.. . this isn't as far fetched as it sounds , first up. He certainly was able to keep his wife, and sons absolutely under his total control as far as any blabbing or breakdown was concerned. He had that bit working smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321