Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying this is linked but it may be of interest for several reasons, including the child protection worker quoted in the few articles for her.

Emmadilla Peacock-Lewis is 15 & went missing from Toowoomba on 28 Sept. I believe the first official public alerts, stating that Emma is missing & QLDpol are monitoring her fb account, were released 30 Oct.

The 42 yr old man who is suspected of being with Emma was himself reported missing the day after Emma's first public alert ie. 31 Oct.

31 Oct is of course also the day after Tia went missing.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2015/11/04/missing-people-toowoomba/

Edit : just found a 4 Nov article referencing concern over the delay for Tiah & stating Emma's first official alert was 29 Oct - over a month after she disappeared

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...-met-on-facebook/story-fnj4alav-1227604507028

& the child protection reference was to police child protection not state so no foster care background but a 4 week delay nonetheless?

Edit 2 : just to clarify, the 29th alert only mentioned Emma. An alert on the 31st identified him in connection for the first time & his parents reported him missing the same day when they'd been unable to contact him. From 28 Sept onward, police seem to have been acting on the assumption the pair were simply travelling to Tassie together, but this doesn't seem to be based on anything other than Tassie being the place his parents live.

At what age are you legally allowed to leave home of your own free will and not required to have to have parental guardianship associated with you? Is it different for each state?

Qld There is no legal age for when you can leave home.
At what age are you legally allowed to leave home of your own free will and not required to have to have parental guardianship associated with you? Is it different for each state?

Just read this on another article that I admit isn't written too professionally, but still must hold some truth.
I don't understand the quote in italics.

"Had Tiahleigh turned up dead in NSW, as opposed to Queensland, there’s a very good chance that the public wouldn’t be allowed to know anything about it.

It’s against the law to identify a dead child in NSW. It’s doubly illegal to identify a dead foster child.

Rest assured there are crimes against foster children in NSW that you never hear anything about, because of that ban."

What do they mean about bans in NSW? What? Huh?

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/c...-kept-tiahleighs-disappearance-a-secret-23078

I'm not saying this is linked but it may be of interest for several reasons, including the child protection worker quoted in the few articles for her.

Emmadilla Peacock-Lewis is 15 & went missing from Toowoomba on 28 Sept. I believe the first official public alerts, stating that Emma is missing & QLDpol are monitoring her fb account, were released 30 Oct.

The 42 yr old man who is suspected of being with Emma was himself reported missing the day after Emma's first public alert ie. 31 Oct.

31 Oct is of course also the day after Tia went missing.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2015/11/04/missing-people-toowoomba/

Edit : just found a 4 Nov article referencing concern over the delay for Tiah & stating Emma's first official alert was 29 Oct - over a month after she disappeared

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...-met-on-facebook/story-fnj4alav-1227604507028

& the child protection reference was to police child protection not state so no foster care background but a 4 week delay nonetheless?

Edit 2 : just to clarify, the 29th alert only mentioned Emma. An alert on the 31st identified him in connection for the first time & his parents reported him missing the same day when they'd been unable to contact him. From 28 Sept onward, police seem to have been acting on the assumption the pair were simply travelling to Tassie together, but this doesn't seem to be based on anything other than Tassie being the place his parents live.

Emma disappeared walking distance from my home and this is the first I have heard of it.
And she is white!

I know it sounds callous, but I try to think of it as focusing on the positives, as we never will know the future now. But Tiah sounded very troubled, very off the rails, very defiant, a free-spirit, very affected by the unstable past she had. None of that was her fault. She was truly a victim, I agree. But IMO she was likely headed for a very rocky teenage-life, with perhaps even more troubling circumstances in the future. In that sense I try to think her life ending this way, - even though horrific (suspected, we don't know the details of her death really, but they likely were horrific)....has in some ways curtailed any future events which may have been even worse, with an even bigger circle of trauma. Some may think it couldn't have gotten worse than this for this poor girl, but I beg to differ. It really could have gotten FAR worse. This is just my view, as I have heard of many cases (and even seen some first-hand) of terribly troubled teens and lives they went on to lead before ending in death later on. Kylie Pearce-Stevenson comes to mind. I choose to think this way to try to rationalise that there is one small piece of *possible* mercy that has come from this.
Of course, for future cases of people like Tiah in the foster care system, I hope more can be done to help these kids before they become too affected by life, and off the rails. I don't know the answers.

BBM: e.l.l.a., this is a thread for Tiahleigh. It is not about your philosophies on life and death. Websleuths' is a victim friendly forum and Tiahleigh is the victim here. She was only 12 years old and was cruelly murdered and her body dumped by a river.

BBM: e.l.l.a., this is a thread for Tiahleigh. It is not about your philosophies on life and death. Websleuths' is a victim friendly forum and Tiahleigh is the victim here. She was only 12 years old and was cruelly murdered and her body dumped by a river.

Point taken regarding philosophies (although I'm not the only one to express philosophies in these forums - even on this thread, I think?).. But I very much DO believe she is a victim, and don't see the bolding to indicate otherwise? <modsnip> I'm happy just to leave though, since I only seem to offend, despite trying to be respectful. :'(

Point taken regarding philosophies (although I'm not the only one to express philosophies in these forums - even on this thread, I think?).. But I very much DO believe she is a victim, and don't see the bolding to indicate otherwise? <modsnip> I'm happy just to leave though, since I only seem to offend, despite trying to be respectful. :'(

As I said this thread is for Tiahleigh. If you want to leave, that is up to you. Back on topic please.

My first post here and I will probably get crucified for it.
I saw on the news a piece about Taihleigh's funeral. Am I being way too suspicious and over the top when I wonder why her stepfather felt the need to wear sunglasses inside when reading on behalf of family??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first post here and I will probably get crucified for it.
I saw on the news a piece about Taihleigh's funeral. Am I being way too suspicious and over the top when I wonder why her stepfather felt the need to wear sunglasses inside when reading on behalf of family??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I would read too much into it. I'm a guy and often wear sunglasses when crying as I'm a very private person and it makes me feel very self-conscious.

So quickly the media bow out. Sad that a suspected murderer to still out there. Justice for Tai please.

So quickly the media bow out. Sad that a suspected murderer to still out there. Justice for Tai please.

Sadly, it's a function of the rapid, 24 hour news cycle combined with their focus at the moment. Keep your eyes peeled though. This link will help:

http://interceder.net/latest_news/Tiahleigh-Palmer

As far as I can fathom, police still have the marquee set up outside Tiah's school:

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national/2015/11/16/police-set-up-post-to-seek-tiahleigh-info.html

Now the search for Tiah is over, investigators will be concentrating on gathering and collating information and following up any leads. It's not over for them by a long shot; they just need time. I'm sure there will be a presser from QPS soon.

I live in Melbourne and Tia hasn't even made a blip on the radar :(

Same here, it looks like they have nothing :( :(

:D I misunderstood. You could see the video but there isn't any new information. They have a lot of information to follow up. I know sometimes it"s hard to be patient though, believe me.

*walks away singing 'Folks are dumb where I come from...'

'Police issue message to killer of 12-year-old Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer'
November 19, 2015 1:00am
Jeremy Pierce
The Courier-Mail

'POLICE are working with social network giant Facebook in a bid to crack the case of slain schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer as police warn that the killer should “not feel too comfortable”.

They suspect the student could have made plans to meet someone on the day she disappeared and believe her Facebook account may provide answers on who that person is.'

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/po...k=10a15fa277e1e7bec78f87cadb4668ab-1447849709

'Police issue message to killer of 12-year-old Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer'
November 19, 2015 1:00am
Jeremy Pierce
The Courier-Mail

'POLICE are working with social network giant Facebook in a bid to crack the case of slain schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer as police warn that the killer should “not feel too comfortable”.

They suspect the student could have made plans to meet someone on the day she disappeared and believe her Facebook account may provide answers on who that person is.'

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/po...k=10a15fa277e1e7bec78f87cadb4668ab-1447849709

So far police have no solid leads on what happened to Tia between the time she was dropped off at school on October 30 and the discovery of her body on the banks of the Pimpama River six days later.

I find this absolutely discouraging. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member