Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic: Chloe Handsjuk case reopened. Deservingly, imo. I'd very much like to see justice done for that girl and her family

CH9 *A CURRENT AFFAIR* did a story last night about Tiah - Forensic police found a burnt mobile phone, a diary and piece of carpet, amongst other things, while digging at the Thorburn property yesterday. They are back there digging again today and for the next 7 days. A very expensive project.
I won't be at all surprised if *60 MINUTES* grab this and do a story as well, when things settle down more.

i do agree Makara, and in understanding of Cindi's appeal today - please everyone, let's be very careful that we do not in anyway compromise our judicial process and its outcomes.
The Mods on this thread are going to be kept on their toes with this very sad case, with the amount of interest shown from the public. We sleuths need to be careful and more aware about what we post here, so as to make their job a little easier. MOO.

XCLUSIVE: Tiahleigh Palmer's foster parents stood up and accepted schoolgirl's dance trophy just WEEKS after she was murdered - as other mums broke down in tears over their loss

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ster-parents-stood-accepted-dance-trophy.html

I'm wondering if Tiah was their first murder. The cold calculation of this family makes me think they are experienced in covering up a crime. LE just might find remnants of others missing.

Thanks guys. I'm a bit slow. What you are saying makes sense. I remember when that episode of ACA started they said Cyndi leveled "explosive" claims at authorities, but when it was time for the segment they said they weren't allowed to air that part.

Now my mind is in overdrive about the grandma and her unhelpful comments. Why do grandparents keep popping up in cases like this, eh?

Tiahleigh Palmer's grandmother claims schoolgirl had opportunity to leave
Oh really? That's why she ran away 10 times in 10 months?

Sue Palmer said she stayed at home because of 'crush' on Trent Thorburn
Even though she complained to people about being molested/raped by him?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3801318/amp/Tiahleigh-Palmer-s-grandma-claims-child-crush-Trent-Thorburn.html

CH9 *A CURRENT AFFAIR* did a story last night about Tiah - Forensic police found a burnt mobile phone, a diary and piece of carpet, amongst other things, while digging at the Thorburn property yesterday. They are back there digging again today and for the next 7 days. A very expensive project.
I won't be at all surprised if *60 MINUTES* grab this and do a story as well, when things settle down more.

BBM. Ah yes, there was a third item and I remember it being important but I couldn't remember what it was. I wonder if the diary and mobile were out of Tiah's backpack.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...r/news-story/ff2d1805c743f1d1cf99d8ef6fec8d83

"As a matter of protocol, from the outset, investigators turned their attention to the Thorburn family.

But it was Facebook that blocked them from finding a crucial piece of information, something that could have cracked the case much earlier.

A court was told this week that Trent Thorburn, then 18 and the youngest member of the family, allegedly used Facebook Messenger to confess to a cousin he had sex with his 12-year-old foster sister.

He further went on to reveal his fears that Tiahleigh was pregnant. It’s a powerful potential motive for murder.

Before Tiahleigh was reported missing the message was deleted.

When detectives applied to Facebook in the early stages of the investigation to examine the family’s social media profiles, their request was refused. "

Material found at foster home of Tiahleigh

"Police digging up the backyard of Tiahleigh Palmer's foster family say they have unearthed light-coloured material during the search for her uniform and backpack.

Queensland detectives expect to remain at the property of the man charged with Tiahleigh Palmer's murder for a number of days after naming it as their primary crime scene."

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...r-home-of-tiahleigh.html#sthash.eTNESngV.dpuf

00926d75da9581a4b99d25b2d70a481a.jpg

a0a77ab5085fce6d40301f3ef7daef01.jpg

Channel 9 are reporting that he has 9 other charges relating to 4 year old and an 11 year old that they are investigating. So at least the knowledge is out in msm and they have made that connection. What a sick sick family. Absolutely disgusting.

Trent certainly got his learned behaviour from his father.

How can it be that ACA is claiming that a diary, phone etc has been found, but there's no mention of it in the media and no statements from police?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

"A court was told this week that Trent Thorburn, then 18 and the youngest member of the family, allegedly used Facebook Messenger to confess to a cousin he had sex with his 12-year-old foster sister.

He further went on to reveal his fears that Tiahleigh was pregnant. It’s a powerful potential motive for murder."

thanks to Freya for link....

Could Trent have murdered her?.. it is a powerful powerful motive, and more powerful, in my opinion , that the one Rick is spinning, that he did it to save his son the consequences..... .. that has whiskers on it, for me.. If Rick murdered her, he did it out of rage , jealousy, fear.. it requires powerful motives.. saving your son by making the consequences worse just doesn't fly.

Maybe that's why he isn't getting released on bail, until further particulars are extracted from Rick. ....his charges are the same as Mum and Brother, with the added Incest, but his father is in custody, his mother and brother are on bail so Trent is unlikely to engage in any incest with those three, at this point in time.. There is no one else he can be incestuous with. .......

Trent as the murderer......it isn't a terribly long bow to draw.. if he thought that Tia was pregnant with all the ramifications of that, that's powerful fear. ..Trouble with officials, trouble with Dad ( loss of income stream) trouble with police, and so on.... ..he appears to be panicking, in telling the cousin, ( thanks for the shoutout that it was a girl, not a boy coz) ... obviously his sexual education was not up to par, by any means..

A wave to Laserdisc, from Miss M..

BBM. Ah yes, there was a third item and I remember it being important but I couldn't remember what it was. I wonder if the diary and mobile were out of Tiah's backpack.
The (3 ITEMS) were (1) Burnt mobile phone (2) Diary belonging to Tiah? (3) A piece of burnt carpet and there was burnt material found as well on 7NEWS last night. Sorry, I don't know how to add links for these yet!

How can it be that ACA is claiming that a diary, phone etc has been found, but there's no mention of it in the media and no statements from police?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
Because Channel 9 think they are above other tv channels. Just remember the TROUBLE they got themselves into with the *BOTCHED KIDNAP STORY* on *60 MINUTES* in Lebanon a few months ago. Made World headlines. Their reporters were placed in Lebanon prison for days. MOO.

The (3 ITEMS) were (1) Burnt mobile phone (2) Diary belonging to Tiah? (3) A piece of burnt carpet and there was burnt material found as well on 7NEWS last night. Sorry, I don't know how to add links for these yet!
You can just copy and paste the url from the address bar straight into your reply. I can't find any mention of it... Is it on one of the news sites?

Because Channel 9 think they are above other tv channels. Just remember the TROUBLE they got themselves into with the *BOTCHED KIDNAP STORY* on *60 MINUTES* in Lebanon a few months ago. Made World headlines. Their reporters were placed in Lebanon prison for days. MOO.
They probably released details they weren't supposed to. Bloody idiots.

A coffee cart named "Morning Glory and Afternoon Delight" .. this guy is so sick and clearly obsessed with sex. I hope all of his victims have the strength to come forward.

Very sad to see that facebook hindered investigators at piecing the investigation together and making an earlier arrest. Potentially, this could have put other victims at harm.

It has yet to be revealed if the brothers are the biological offspring of the couple in question. And it seems to me that a deviant who is confident to the extent he would rape two young girls inside the home he shared with his spouse and offspring wouldn't hesitate to abuse anyone, be they biological, foster or adopted sons. Then there's the mother who allegedly sexually abused a young boy in her care.

I suspect the 'sons' didn't have a hope of ending up normal considering the environment in which they lived

As to the comment at the front gate -- typical of a coward trying to skulk behind a shield of concern for family, imo -- just a stall, a bluff. People repeat what has worked for them. I suspect he's used it to effect in the past. But time passes. His sons aren't little kids anymore. So claiming now that exposure of its own crimes will 'upset his son/s' is ten years past its use-by date and sounds ridiculous

Suggesting the animal would rape and scar other people's children but would spare his own, is giving the creature way too much credit, imo. I doubt even the farm animals were safe

We don't know if JT sexually abused a boy, all we have is 2 comments on social media, one saying a woman's son was in their care, abused and removed, the next saying the mother did it
It hasn't been verified by anyone that there even was a boy, could easily have been a troll, and it didn't say what kind of abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485