Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know what the scheduled appointment was that Julene was supposed to pick Tiahleigh up from school at lunch time? Was it a doctors appointment, perhaps Julene thought it was called for after events earlier that week? Morning after pill.. or birth control.. she is an enabler after all
you read my mind.

So many questions...continued...
How long have they lived in Queensland?
Where have they lived before.
Is The Hills a school with a good reputation---who goes there and how expensive is it?
Why do they have horses?
Who are the Thorburn's friends?
Where is their extended family?
Who are they, really?
Foster mum would have provided some sort of credible face to the fostering family front. And the daycare. Thus making it so difficult for everyone to see past the facade.
It would be interesting to know when and how long they even went to Hills. Information i have read shows they went to Park Ridge High. - this is from one of the sons sm pages and school newsletter from 2013.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks Poss. IMO this whole report is a case of closing the gate after the horse has bolted or more to the point, arse covering at its finest.

Below is a summary of where Tialeigh is actually mentioned in this report. The carer mentioned here is RT and co. It's interesting to note just how much the carer was involved in trying to locate Tialeigh. He even had the audacity to advise QPS of possible sightings of Tialeigh, all the while knowing that he'd murdered her!

• On 30 October 2015, Tiahleigh Palmer, a 12-year-old girl was dropped at the front of her school. She did not go to class that day.
  • Tiahleigh Palmer was dropped at school by her foster carer on the morning of Friday, 30 October 2015. We know Tiahleigh did not attend school that day. Tiahleigh had an appointment that afternoon. The alarm was raised by her foster carers when Tiahleigh was to be collected at lunchtime and was not at school.
  • On the same day, Tiahleigh’s carer reported her as missing to the Queensland Police Service (QPS) and the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services (Child Safety Services). The carer also advised Tiahleigh’s family and friends she was missing. Efforts commenced immediately on Friday afternoon to try to locate her.
  • Members of Tiahleigh’s family and friends posted alerts on social media. Tiahleigh’s mother and her carer
    undertook wide inquiries in an effort to try to locate her. They also reported her disappearance to the authorities.
    Tiahleigh did not attend roll call on Friday 30 October 2015. The carers, however, were not aware of this
    absence until a worker went to collect her from the school at lunchtime for an appointment.
    Following Tiahleigh’s disappearance, community members voiced concerns that section
    189, Child Protection Act 1999 may have delayed publication of a media release.
  • Tiahleigh disappeared on a Friday. On the following Wednesday, the QPS spoke with a number of people,
    including Tiahleigh’s mother (and legal guardian), Tiahleigh’s foster carer and Child Safety Services to
    obtain a signed ‘authority to release information’ form.
    Although verbal approval was provided by Child Safety Services on the day approval was sought, the
    QPS Media and Public Affairs Branch advised approval was required in writing with the signature of the
    D-G, DCCSDS as Tiahleigh was a child living in out-of-home care.
    The signed authorisation from Child Safety Services was not received by the QPS until the next day.
    This was six days after Tiahleigh was reported missing.
  • On the evening of Tiahleigh’s disappearance, her carer and her mother together used social media to
    try to confirm her whereabouts before the QPS issued a formal media release. Tiahleigh’s mother and
    carer used the Logan Crime Watch social media site to appeal to the public for information regarding
    Tiahleigh’s location.
  • On Friday, 30 October 2015, investigations commenced into Tiahleigh’s disappearance. At approximately
    4pm, the QPS unsuccessfully attempted to contact the office of Tiahleigh’s school by telephone.
  • The QPS contacted Tiahleigh’s carers, who advised of possible sightings of her. The carers also provided
    the QPS with information about contact they already had with school friends and students in an attempt
    to try to find her.
  • On Saturday, 31 October 2015, the QPS contacted Tiahleigh’s carer and Tiahleigh’s mother.
    There was still no contact between the QPS and Child Safety Services even though the QPS was aware
    Tiahleigh was a child from out-of-home care.
  • The QPS spent several hours at a local shopping centre with a photo of Tiahleigh, questioning shoppers
    and shopkeepers and viewing CCTV footage in an attempt to locate her.
  • On Wednesday, 4 November 2015, the QPS decided to seek permission to issue a media release.
    The QPS sought permission from Tiahleigh’s carer to release information publicly about Tiahleigh.
    Tiahleigh’s carer informed the QPS advice from Child Safety Services stated the carer is not able to
    provide permission. The QPS was also in contact with Tiahleigh’s mother, who gave permission for
    information to be released. The QPS Media and Public Affairs Branch, however, advised permission to
    release information publicly was required from the D-G, DCCSDS.
    The media release was issued by the QPS at approximately 11.30am the following day.
  • On Thursday, 5 November 2015, the QPS issued a media release for Tiahleigh. This was a general media
    release and not an Amber Alert.
    Tiahleigh’s missing person case was classified as ‘medium risk’. Children under 13 are now
    automatically assessed as ‘high risk’.
  • Tiahleigh’s carer reported Tiahleigh as missing to the QPS on Friday, 30 October 2015,
    the day she disappeared.
    Tiahleigh’s carer also contacted Child Safety Services, Tiahleigh’s mother and the foster care service
    provider to advise them of the situation the same day.
  • On Monday, 2 November 2015, both Tiahleigh’s carer and mother spoke with the local Child Safety Service
    Centre. This was the first time Tiahleigh had been away for a whole night. Tiahleigh was scared of the dark
    and was not able to be located at places she had been in the past.
    While Tiahleigh was often absent from her placement, in these instances she was located within a few
    hours. Tiahleigh’s mother and carer pleaded with the community to treat Tiahleigh as a missing person
    and not just another ‘run-away’. This time was different.
  • When Tiahleigh went missing, both her carer and mother worked together to try and confirm her
    whereabouts via social media before a formal media release was issued by the QPS.
  • Tiahleigh’s carer contacted the QPS on the day she went missing.
    On that same day and beyond, Tiahleigh’s carer contacted networks including friends
    and other students to try to establish Tiahleigh’s location.
  • Tiahleigh was shown to be well supported at the school with Pastoral Care. She had a number
    of absences from school, but was not known to leave school without permission.
  • On Friday 30 October 2015, investigations commenced into Tiahleigh’s disappearance. At approximately
    4pm, the QPS unsuccessfully attempted to contact the office of Tiahleigh’s school by telephone.
  • Tiahleigh’s carer advised the school on Monday 2 November 2015 that Tiahleigh’s disappearance was
    reported to the QPS. Her carer also spoke with the school’s Guidance Officer.
    The School-based Police Officer provided local, on-the-ground assistance on the same day through
    making inquiries with school staff and students.
    On the following day, the School-based Police Officer conducted patrols to try to locate Tiahleigh.

To me, it looks like it will come down to who actually murdered Tia;

Was it Raunchy Rick who, upon learning Hairbro had his way with Tia, was worried about the 'might be pregnant' claims and losing his income stream.
Or was it Hairbro, who panicked and Rick is taking the rap for his entitled son.

I'm leaning towards Daddy Day Care, given the other pending charges against him.

Tia was apparently unhappy and I'm sure her behaviour in the home would have reflected this.
Surely an easier option would have been to return the feisty young girl to the system to be reallocated. Yeah. Nah. 'Income stream'...

anyone know what the scheduled appointment was that Julene was supposed to pick Tiahleigh up from school at lunch time? Was it a doctors appointment, perhaps Julene thought it was called for after events earlier that week? Morning after pill.. or birth control.. she is an enabler after all

It wasn't reported that Julene was supposed to pick up Tialeigh from school at lunch time. According to the report that Possumheart posted it mentioned that a worker was due to pick up Tialeigh.

Unless you have proof that Tialeigh was taken to a doctor to get the morning after pill or birth control, it would be prudent to not speculate. This is what leads to rumours that quickly grow legs and become 'fact'. Best to stick to facts IMO.

I'm curious as to what led Jules to lawyer up prior to the arrest?

I'm curious as to what led Jules to lawyer up prior to the arrest?

In may have had to do with her child car operation being closed down and RT's pending child molestation case.

Just going by earlier posts that this isn't a 'relationship' between a 12 year old child and an 18 year old 'adult'. It also isn't 'rape'. It is pedophilia....and this child was sexually assaulted by an adult...
It's not pedophilia, as she isn't prepubescent. It's considered hebephilia as she is around the age of puberty. 11 - 14 is considered hebephilia. Pedophilia is with a prepubescent child.

Edited to add: I see its already been corrected by others... Nevermind just catching up haha

so they are still put on a child offender register. regardless...it isn't statutory rape or a 'relationship'...

Actually, what do you mean it's not statutory rape? That's exactly what it is (if Tia was "consenting"), but in this case it is also incest which carries a higher penalty.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I think it was doctors appointment too, and maybe that pending appointment is what brought everything to a head the night before.

I did read too, in one of the articles that Julene attended the school to collect her for an appointment and that's when the alarm was raised. I don't think the media knows, because every article says something different.

Yes, but that's not the point people are making. The term "pedophilia" is incorrect in Tia's case.

so is statutory rape and 'consensual' and a 'relationship'...not sure what your point is?? These adults sexually assaulted a minor....a hebophile is an offshoot of the term pedophile.

so is statutory rape and 'concensual' and a 'relationship'...not sure what your point is?? These adults sexually assaulted a minor....a hebophile is an offshoot of the term pedophile.
Okey dokey lol. Whatever you say

Freya

huh? In Australia ~ a minor under 16 doesn't 'consent'. read my earlier posts regarding the Australian law around this. and how does a 12 year old child 'consent' to a sexual relationship with a b##### adult??

Freya

huh? In Australia ~ a minor under 16 doesn't 'consent'. read my earlier posts regarding the Australian law around this. and how does a 12 year old child 'consent' to a sexual relationship with a b##### adult??
I put the word "consent" in inverted commas for a reason.

Im saying, if a pubescent girl has sex with an 18 year old of her own will, it's considered statutory rape.

If he forced her then it's rape.

Just trying to clarify the wording. I'm not saying it wasn't an offence, but your terminology is incorrect.

I am very well aware that a 12 year old can't legally consent, but I think you know that's not what I meant.

Im saying, if a pubescent girl has sex with an 18 year old of her own will, it's considered statutory rape.

Just trying to clarify the wording. I'm not saying it wasn't an offence, but your terminology is incorrect.

I am very well aware that a 12 year old can't legally consent, but I think you know that's not what I meant.

Your terminology is correct, Freya; however, I think what others are trying to say is that the word 'paedophile' has particular strong connotations and these criminals shouldn't be made out to be anything less. It doesn't matter what term we use - the crime is still tragic and the adult perpetrators committed them against an innocent child (well, children).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry ~ but, i don't think there would be many parents of young children who would think that an Adult having sex with a Child is just considered 'rape' (including the law)

https://www.alrc.gov.au/publication...al-offences-against-children-and-young-people

The pieces of cloth police found - looks like a shirt - something Julene might wear?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online