Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pimpana River - what a system! Estuaries and tributaries everywhere. It's saltwater up to Kirkin Road bridge. Understanding now its tidal and has a wide riparian zone, the bank doesn't drop off suddenly. She may have been floating, in the shallows.

Apparently her corpse was so decomposed they could only say dark hair, not length or even gender. :(

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...n-banks-of-pimpama-river-20151105-gks4dd.html

http://tides.willyweather.com.au/qld/brisbane/pimpana-river--kerkin-rd-weir.html

There is a go kart place a wee bit up stream from where she was found. It's right on the river.

Foster sister? Was she in the home at the same time as Tiah? I know she is now over 18.

I think this foster sister, was from the previous foster family.

It was around the same time an aboriginal boy went missing. I think he may have been found. But they were discussing how a child of colour gets less attention in the media than say someone like William.

Yes there was a little talk of that and how foster children get stigmatized as "problem children", but it was more how vocal everyone was about Tiah being missing and all laws be damned.

'We and her mum are worried sick about her please'

it is a parody of the concerned and frantic parent.. He/ or she, was throwing themselves into the persona of a parent who's child was missing, and I'll bet London to a brick their facial expressions , while typing this up were the faces of a parent in fear and panic... then a big smile, when they see the text on the screen.. ' yea.. that looks about right,... k.. onto the next one..'..... . complete disassociation from reality and complete immersion into a fantasy emotion., along with the temporary fission of deep distress when transitioning between these two worlds.. .. .. what a mess... An incurable mess, in my opinion.. this kind of stuff isn't cured, or 'healed', or changed, or 'fixed' or 'managed';.. ,its bone deep, this is their life, its permanent.

Yes all 4 of them had to be up to their necks in mischief otherwise one of them would have tried to save their own butt. And like another poster mentioned equestrian sport is expensive and I can't imagine a backyard family day care run by mum and dad covering the cost of this and all the other activities the kids seem to enjoy - IMHO there was a much more lucrative income stream quite separate but related to family day care.

The Thorburns must have had lots of contact with the local community.. the horses, the boys, the foster kids, Rick looks a chatty sort of joiner, the food van, the coffee van.... then there is the support group for foster carers,, he and Julene were newbies at the game, supposedly, so one would think they would have support thrown at them...from fellow foster carers , from the agency itself... where was the oversight? no one noticed anything?

Now that their pictures have been broadcast nation wide, it wouldn't surprise me to find the police have had a few odd calls, from people with crystal clear memories, because this sort of behaviour doesn't happen suddenly, nor in a vacuum... there are networks, colleagues, associations, like minded fellow travellers....

I still cant come to grips with the ENTIRE 4 members of this family bunkering down and keeping silent!... not one wobbled, not one backpedalled.........really amazing.. there is usually one who calls Charlie on the whole process.

Yes all 4 of them had to be up to their necks in mischief otherwise one of them would have tried to save their own butt. And like another poster mentioned equestrian sport is expensive and I can't imagine a backyard family day care run by mum and dad covering the cost of this and all the other activities the kids seem to enjoy - IMHO there was a much more lucrative income stream quite separate but related to family day care.

Did you just go dark there, because really nothing surprises me anymore with this lot.

Here is another funny one. When the first missing posts went out, you only heard from the foster dad. To the point I thought he was a "single foster dad" i dont know....im ignorant. But the lack of another female besides cindy and the previous carer made me think that way. Like an informal arrangement that I have known lots of kiwi background people to do.

She just wasn't around at all after. Even at the funeral. He just seemed to take over after Tiah died. Not a boo peep out of her.

attachment.php

Why was Tiah tweeting Sophie Walsh?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 268
Did you just go dark there, because really nothing surprises me anymore with this lot....

...She just wasn't around at all after. Even at the funeral. He just seemed to take over after Tiah died. Not a boo peep out of her.

So dark. I imagine, although we can guess it, there's going to be some shocking revelations.

Yes! Where was she?! Maybe Ricks protected more then one, or been used to to think he's 'protecting' them.

As far as I am aware, to get from Chambers Flat to where Tiahleigh's body was dumped, you have to go past an industrial estate , if not two. Wondering if cameras picked up the car.
I wouldn't call the roads a goat track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he's the front man, she pulls the strings ....

Many women who have their men away for long stints learn to be the boss of the house. The main thinker, head honcho, the accountant.

O/T for a moment.

One RAAF guy once told me the women would leave a packet of OMO on their window sill.

'On My Own'.

Ripley's believe it or not.
:thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
I've been wondering how this works with timeline, too. Was it Cindy who first raised alarms?

I'd like to know the hoops teachers would have to jump through to report an incident of a foster child.

On that particular day she just 'wasn't there' Some schools have a policy of ringing parents/carers but most don't.

Agreed though that they'd need substaintial evidence. Although I don't think Tiah's voice was taken seriously by anyone but her real Mum.

I find it bizaar it was up to the carer to report to Child Safety that Tiah wasn't there. Julene just played along once she had her que despite knowing all along.

As far as I am aware, to get from Chambers Flat to where Tiahleigh's body was dumped, you have to go past an industrial estate , if not two. Wondering if cameras picked up the car.
I wouldn't call the roads a goat track.

Interesting.

The car was a bit of a low rider so that did jump out at me somewhat - would of needed a 4wd or high clearance for true goat tracks.

I wonder what the UK digital analysis team has uncovered? It's a pretty obvious car....

Many women who have their men away for long stints learn to be the boss of the house. The main thinker, head honcho, the accountant.

O/T for a moment.

One RAAF guy once told me the women would leave a packet of OMO on their window sill.

'On My Own'.

Ripley's believe it or not.
:thinking:

Moving my washing powder just now...!!!

Police were also asked to investigate whether another girl who lived with Thorburn suffered any harm.
After Tialeigh's disappearance in October 2015, child safety officials handed the police information about a teenager who was in Rick Thorburn's care for a short period of time.

Child Safety Minister Shannon Fentiman told The Courier-Mail the girl who had been living at home is now an adult.

'That individual's details were given to the police immediately following Tiahleigh's disappearance,' she said.
A police spokesman confirmed that 'a number of children' who had lived at the home were interviewed but refused to go into details.

Read more:

BBM. The more I read, the more disturbing it becomes.

I think it might be helpful for people to get a sense of the Logan area and crime, around the time Tiah went missing, even say around the 26th of October. It may give you an idea of how people in the community were feeling. I found the Crime watch Logan FB page very helpful, as it is boots on the ground perspective :)

A previous post stated that you could go through wolfdene and then on to the site where the body was dumped.
If you go through wolfdene and turn at the Albert river, you will end up at stapylton/yatala. You have to pass an industrial area on your left then you will have to go through two very large roundabouts, under the freeway and past at least two more industrial spots.
From memory, even if you try weaving your way down to Pimpama you still have to pass another mini industrial, close to fire station or go down Yawalpah road way and you will still pass industrial/shopping area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member